Infinite anyone?

Deserted

The other day I noticed that Culture cycliste has a new catalog in and have bought in many models from Infinite, who I think are a Thai manufacturer. I'm not in town so can't visit the store but there is a model that interests me. I'd never come across them before as a manufacturer and though the models in the catalog look great, I noticed that there is little information regarding the spec and parts.

Does anyone have an infinite? Are they worth buying?

I think it's a house brand of the culture cyclist shop. I have seen this label nowhere else. Since the culture cyclist outlet belongs to LA Bicycle, a local manufacturer, there are two possibilities. Either they are a high-end production line of LA Bicycle marketed under a different name, or these are imported frames sold under their own house brand name. I guess it is the latter, because LA Bicycles itself does not offer carbon frames. In fact, LA Bicycles were known for steel bikes in the beginning, which they still make in the low-end product line. So, the quality question depends on where the frames come from. Chances are that they come from some large factory in Asia that has the required know-how and production capacity, since carbon-fiber manufacturing is quite different from metal alloy production and not that trivial.

http://www.infinite-cycling.com

Cheers, CM-Expat

Thanks, I've been struggling to find information. The frames 'look' okay from what I can tell but what I thought was a bit strange was how little info there is concerning everything else. The assumption from my side was that they weren't worth mentioning, especially when the photographs of the models home in on the frame and avoid the gearing and brakes.

Chances are that they come from some large factory in Asia that has the required know-how and production capacity, since carbon-fiber manufacturing is quite different from metal alloy production and not that trivial.

There are thousands of companies selling carbon frames: http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/carbon-frame.html. I'm sure only a small fraction of them offer half-decent acceptable quality when it comes to details, safety and longevity. I would go for a well-known brand.