travelling to singburi

samuibeachcomber

Can anyone tell me where in bangkok i can catch a bus to singburi?

Do i go to morchit?

I am going to singburi to visit an holistic temple that takes care of cancer suffers.

Can anyone tell me the name of this temple and its location.Is it near the city centre?

And lastly any recommendations on where to stay in singburi for around 800-1000 baht per night is ok.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

You catch the Singburi bus at Morchit bus station. Takes about 2 and a it hours.

Don't know of the Temple you write about...... Do you have a name for it.?

Advise and I will let you know.

A new hotel opened last year " The Golden Dragon" . Understand the rates are around 800 b a night. It is on the edge of the city. You would have to get motor cycle or the local little TUk TUk styled vans, to get to the hotel. They park about the bus station in the middle of the city.

Singburi is a small province 4 th smallest in size and 3 rd smallest in population so not long distances to travel.

PM me if you have any problems or need further advice. Have lived here for several years.

BAYBOY?

Wat Ampwhan is a famous meditation Temple, about 12 kms South of Singburi on th main Asia highway.

During the week some hundreds of people got here for 2/3 day meditation retreats.

On the weekends the numbers increase to some thousands. Companies, Govt. depts, and such like send their employees there for meditation. The Head Monk is highly respected and is the senior Monk for the Province. Recently a new 5 storied building was opened at Singburi Hospital and he donated 40 million baht to the construction.

The courses are free and people make a donation, to help cover the costs and food. A nice temple to visit.

I feel sure this would be the Temple you are looking for.

BAYBOY.

Thanks for this info and trouble you have taken.I have googled without success as yet.The temple i am looking for takes care of cancer sufferers through meditation and daily doses of a very powerful concoction of thai herbs,which i have tasted.There are thai doctors there who monitor the patients progress.A course costs 8000 baht and lasts 1 week.If a patient has previously gone to a hospital they request the file.Am very keen to find this place as i am interested in alternative cancer therapy.

Sent from my GT-S7500L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would tend to agree. My ife has been on a retreat there and says that it is a meditation retreat mainly for the women monks -white dress- that go there for a 2-3 day retreat and don't want to shave their heads. She said that she didn't know anything about cancer patients. The entrance is directly off the Asia highway abiout 12 kilometers south of Singburi opposite the large highway department building which is in the middle of the highway.

Coordinates: 14.828183 100.439752

Edited by wayned

I found Wat Amphwan by typing in Thai, wat, cancer,Singburi,and up come Wat Amphan,the link + others ,poster's said they tryed

hospital drugs did not get better,then went to Wat Amphwan.

Is their another wat? ,all I can say is find a friendly Thai,see if they can find it from Thai google.

Further to Wat Ampwhan, my wife also has been there on meditation courses, but knows nothing about any cancer treatment that May be offered there.

If so she would have been interested as she has been having treatment for brain cancer over the last 4 years. After 2 years of chemo and radiation she has been in remission for the last 26 months, with only check ups, no actual medical treatment.

Last week she was there with her niece and they actually enquired about the Temple /cancer treatment etc and the Monk they spoke with said that they only offered meditation and counseling not an actual treatment. Nothing said about Herbal remedies.

So maybe it is not Wat Amphwan.

BAYBOY