Any one other than me have goods stuck in customs right now ?

Nakonamath

Hi, i have something stuck in customs, send by regular mail, to recieve by Thailandpost.

for 3 weeks, i have this last scan

DATETIME Scan Location Description January 20, 2014
09:06:47 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER Accept January 20, 2014
10:38:39 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER To Customs

I have been in contact with the postoffice customer care, and they claim, it is due to demonstrations, the customs work very slowly.

I have tried to contact an customs clearance broker service, they say, they cant get information from the goverment due to protests and political instabillty at the moment, so even while they want to handle the case, they cant.

i had goods arriving by fedex, it arrived on time, no delays just last week, so at this moment, i am unsure if this only affect goods which need clearance by Thailandpost customs,

Anyone in similar situation ?

Jack

Dont use Parcelforce or Parcel Monkey, at this end it goes to DHL who seem to be sticklers for keeping things in customs, 18 days to get a parcel through was the latest for me after a lot of calls to DHL, then a storage charge was applied for all that time in customs

Dont use Parcelforce or Parcel Monkey, at this end it goes to DHL who seem to be sticklers for keeping things in customs, 18 days to get a parcel through was the latest for me after a lot of calls to DHL, then a storage charge was applied for all that time in customs

DHL is worst.

FedEx, TNT and UPS are better.

Normal post is best...

EMS...I didn't try them for a long time now.

UPS on Amazon purchases is absolute perfect (Amazon + UPS take care of customs)

Funny you say DHL is worst, i just had a case where we had to bribe to get our goods.

we end up making a huge complaint to the shipping agent in Denmark, which end up paying us the Bribe amount, as compensation.

Fedex, tried to <deleted> me once, with a made up import fee, but after i told them we have much experience in shipping, and threaten to go to the police, they gave up, and send the goods with normal tax amount, which was 1/10th

jack

Yes, I have consistently sent items through the general mail and it is usually instantly through customs. This time been there a couple days so far. I also went with a friend to the apple repair center recently and she quoted and extra week for parts because of things getting stuck in customs.

It is also possible they're waiting to get paid to release stuff, but I have never had that sending with regular mail and low to no value listed on the package.

• 3 months later...

Received stuff from China - Hong Kong - UK - arrived here in CM within 1-1/2 week of the day the order was placed.....

I also have my wife's name first then hyphenated with our last name so all bases covered for the the delivery person.....

Edited by pgrahmm

Received stuff from China - Hong Kong - UK - arrived here in CM within 1-1/2 week of the day the order was placed.....

I also have my wife's name first then hyphenated with our last name so all bases covered for the the delivery person.....

Was this since the Junta took over?

Was this since the Junta took over?

Yes - it was all after the Junta took over - ordered & received.....

Not stuck, but last week I received a package that had a declared value of $100 and customs charged me $56 to release it. Insane.

That doesn't sound much...just as an example say 25 % tax

Costs of goods: 100 USD

Shipping: 30 USD (FedEx, DHL, UPS)

Total 130 USD

20% Tax= 32.5USD

Total 162.5 USD

7 % VAT=11.375 USD

Total tax 43.875 + 5 % (just estimate, for their "wrong" exchange rate when calculating the tax) 46.07 USD

200 Baht for clearing=6 USD

Total costs 52 USD.

Maybe it was 30 % tax. or they didn't believe the 100 $

• 5 months later...

Amazon delivered my Springsteen Box Set on the projected date - sat in BKK for about 4 days and arrived last Thursday. Here is the breakdown FWIW - note the 'Import Fees Deposit' : previously I paid a tiny amount in Customs charges on CDs so I can only assume that the boxed set containing a booklet (wow) is treated differently. I paid with my Australian VISA Debit card and there was nothing anywhere on the box to indicate what fees - if any - were levied by Thai Customs - just a Thai stamp for 67 baht ...

Item Subtotal:AUD 90.48

Shipping & Handling:AUD 21.69

Total Before Tax:AUD 112.17

Estimated Tax:AUD 0.00

Import Fees Deposit:AUD 53.96

Order Total:AUD 166.13

Worth every red cent , BTW.