Millers say Thai government owes them over a year in warehouse rentals

webfact

Millers say government owes them over a year in warehouse rentals

2-6-2014-11-50-25-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rice Millers Association said today that the government of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has owed rice millers in warehouse rentals for over a year.

Association president Manas Kitprasert admitted for the first time that the caretaker government has owed rice millers in terms of warehouse rentals for year which prompted the millers to demand payment for the rentals in rice instead of cash.

He said the rentals which the caretaker government owed to millers to keep its rice stockpiles could not yet be assessed because there are several millers joining the rice-pledging scheme.

The rental rate is 2 baht/month/sack.

He said that the association has sent a letter to the government offering to receive rice in the warehouse as payment for the rentals it owed.

However he said that some millers wanted to receive cash instead.

He said a meeting with rice millers would be held today to discuss the issue.

The association president also commented on an idea of the Commerce Ministry to allow farmers to withdraw their rice pledged under the scheme four months ahead of the withdrawal date dues, so that farmers could sell directly to rice millers.

He said that in principle the idea could work if the rice pledged is within the four-month period for withdrawal.

But in real practice, he said this could be hardly implemented because of the wide gap between the pledging price of 15,000 baht/ton and market price now of 8,000 baht/ton.

He said he believed no farmer would choose to withdraw the pledged rice to sell directly to rice millers, while withdrawal of the pledged rice needed to have cash to begin the process.

He said farmers have already sold rice but are not yet paid, therefore they will have no money to withdraw rice to sell to millers.

He compared farmers’ rice vouchers they received from selling rice to receiving cheques from the government and the cheques turn dud.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/millers-say-government-owes-year-warehouse-rentals/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-06

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh My God. As if it wasn't bad enough along come the Merry Millers. They will need to take a number soon as the queue is getting longer

"He compared farmers’ rice vouchers they received from selling rice to receiving cheques from the government and the cheques turn dud."

Huh?

• Like 1

The millers haven't been payed , farmers , warehouse workers from what I heard also not being payed .

Seems it will be a lot more money owed than just the farmers ,

This is big money , how does this govt keep going ?

I also hear power companies have not been payed the list goes on and on.

How can a country keep going if it can't pay it's bills?

• Like 2

Oh My God. As if it wasn't bad enough along come the Merry Millers. They will need to take a number soon as the queue is getting longer

"He compared farmers’ rice vouchers they received from selling rice to receiving cheques from the government and the cheques turn dud."

Huh?

Cue posts from Red-leaning TV-posters, blaming the year-old default to the millers/warehouse-operators, on the Electoral-Commission ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

The millers haven't been payed , farmers , warehouse workers from what I heard also not being payed .

Seems it will be a lot more money owed than just the farmers ,

This is big money , how does this govt keep going ?

I also hear power companies have not been payed the list goes on and on.

How can a country keep going if it can't pay it's bills?

yes they didn't pay the electric and water, which is the legal loophole for the protesters. At least on the beginning they gave the departments a letter that they cut the electric and water because of unpaid invoices. But I think now they don't care about it anymore. The leaders have already charges with death penalties on their heads so no worry about small things....

Huh?

This is what happens if you're a miller, and you think celebrating the initial windfall wouldn't affect you.

This was all premeditated 50 years ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27hPy38EyI cheesy.gif

including the whistling ;)

-m.

Edited by Why ask

"He compared farmers rice vouchers they received from selling rice to receiving cheques from the government and the cheques turn dud."

Huh?

Cue posts from Red-leaning TV-posters, blaming the year-old default to the millers/warehouse-operators, on the Electoral-Commission ? whistling.gif

In reality, it's indefensible. Shame shame shame. Only the totally blinkered would try defend it, and appear so stupid.

Not the only indefensible act we've seen recently (both sides), but this blatantly fraudulent situation should tear PTP to pieces in the courts.... no judicial coup, just justice.

the bizarre thing is that the vast majority of the thai people just go along with the complete rubbish spouted by the government. they are either too ignorant, naive or lazy to do anything about it.

the media simply report the spouted rubbish and rarely challenge, investigate or analyse.

the next election is being handed on a plate to any opposition worth its salt - but the opposition is scared to go to the polls.

and so it goes on.

• Like 1

Lets be fair ok! Its not just the democrats fault. Its the banks fault too and lets not forget all the others YL has tried to lay blame on.

What really surprises me is the finance ministry sending bad checks to pay them. Maybe im misinterpreting the word "dud"

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013

So about 800 Billion spent, but so far :

- Farmers not paid

- Millers not paid

- Bank not paid

Have the checked in the drawers because there must be some 800 Billion Baht laying around..

You know what ? Let's blame the Democrats for it.

So, where's all that money gone then? It must have gone somewhere, but with no oversight, no accountability and deals that don't even exist, could it be the cause perhaps (at least partly) of why some/many Politicians bank accounts have increased substantially whilst they've been in Parliament?

• Like 1

This is just too funny.

There sure is a lot of missing money...and Thaksin wealth apparently increased 450% last year.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Dear Yingluck, stop defending this ridiculous scam and blaming everyone else but yourself for not paying the bills.

• Like 1

These are obviously fake rice millers

Could well be, dodgy companies set up by ................... (please fill in blank) to cream a bit more out of the system with false claims for non-delivered rice, or rice delivered to one mill and then reshipped to a second mill along with appropriate paperwork as a new shipment.

Let us hope that one day, someone will sit down and balance to rice received slips / payment owed and the actual amount of rice in storage - of course there is no doubt that the two will balance, guess +- 5% would be reasonable margin of error.

- Farmers not paid

- Millers not paid

- Bank not paid

Have the checked in the drawers because there must be some 800 Billion Baht laying around..

So, where's all that money gone then? It must have gone somewhere, but with no oversight, no accountability and deals that don't even exist, could it be the cause perhaps (at least partly) of why some/many Politicians bank accounts have increased substantially whilst they've been in Parliament?

Look like nobody can believe, I found it here from another member and post it a few times, but on Forbes you will find the answer from Thaksin himself. Must click on show the complete profile...

http://www.forbes.com/profile/thaksin-shinawatra/

He said in okt. 2013 Thai officials send him US$ 1 Billion

• Like 2

- Farmers not paid

- Millers not paid

- Bank not paid

Eventually the only people left to blame will be those who are to blame

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What next, will the haulage companies claim they haven't been paid for transport costs.

Well they are quiet so I assume the farmers had to pay them up front...

Along with the police who were hired to guard the warehouses.....?