Moo Bahn in San Sai Area

Konini

I've spent the last few weeks looking for a house to rent in the Haiya/Mae Hia/Hang Dong area, and it is so tiresome many would have given up by now. I've walked miles and miles zigzagging around Thai villages and moo bahn's looking for signs on fences; I'm not complaining about the walking as I enjoy it, and the weather is perfect for being out and about, but this is no ordinary meandering as there is a goal to be achieved. We've also been cruising around on the scooter for places I can't easily walk to.

Anyway, I've given up on this area (chosen as that's where we live now) as everything even approaching being suitable is either too far out of town or too far from a songtoew route. I don't ride the scooter and don't want to have to ask my husband to take me to the market for fruit and veggies almost every day. I'm now looking elsewhere, and judging by the times I've been up to Sausage King and the number of rentals on real estate web sites I'm thinking San Sai might just be a pleasant place to live.

I'm looking for recommendations or places to avoid for a moo bahn (or outside) in the San Sai area, reasonably close to town (inside the 2nd Ring Road) within walking distance of a market or a road with regular songtoews driving by; although I enjoy walking around for hours at a time, carrying the shopping home means not too far from said road. We're going to have a day or two cruising around on the scooter, but don't know the area at all, so any help of where would be suitable or anywhere to give a wide berth to would be great. Older developments are very OK as older means established gardens with shade trees. After 6 years of hotel and apartment living I'm really looking forward to have a garden, however small, to sit in and relax.

As an aside, I can't believe the number of real estate agents who haven't bothered getting back to me; the online details are in English, so it can't be a language thing and I've made sure that the houses I've enquired about have been listed recently. Business for them must be very good. I'm quite sure that ThaiVisa members will be a lot more helpful than them.

Pimuk 1, Pimuk 2 and Emperor 2 are all within walking distance of RuamChok intersection and Tesco/Lotus/Rimping, fresh market etc.

Since you see Rob at sausage king, ask him what living in Pimuk 1 was like, as that was where i first met him. I have other friends who have lived

over there and opinions vary, as it is a large area and soi dogs are more troublesome in some spots, but not others, etc..

Pimuk 2 currently has at least 2 vacancies that i know of (we live here) and it is very small and quiet (and closer to Rimping by foot/bicycle).

Emperor 2 is closer yet still, but more expensive then the 2 Pimuks, in general.

SanSai and Sausage king are outside the 2nd ring road .Maybe you mean within the 3rd ring road ,called the 121 ?.Anyway I

live in Sansai just 200 meters North of the 121,in a nice village .Its within a short walk ( 10 minutes) of 7/11 a small

Tesco /Lotus and a Thai food market .I know of at least one house for rent and I will p.m it to you .

• Like 1

SanSai and Sausage king are outside the 2nd ring road .Maybe you mean within the 3rd ring road ,called the 121 ?.Anyway I

live in Sansai just 200 meters North of the 121,in a nice village .Its within a short walk ( 10 minutes) of 7/11 a small

Tesco /Lotus and a Thai food market .I know of at least one house for rent and I will p.m it to you .

Ah, my knowledge of the area is lacking! And yes please on the house. thumbsup.gif

Pimuk 1, Pimuk 2 and Emperor 2 are all within walking distance of RuamChok intersection and Tesco/Lotus/Rimping, fresh market etc.

Since you see Rob at sausage king, ask him what living in Pimuk 1 was like, as that was where i first met him. I have other friends who have lived

over there and opinions vary, as it is a large area and soi dogs are more troublesome in some spots, but not others, etc..

Pimuk 2 currently has at least 2 vacancies that i know of (we live here) and it is very small and quiet (and closer to Rimping by foot/bicycle).

Emperor 2 is closer yet still, but more expensive then the 2 Pimuks, in general.

Thanks for that. As far as the dogs are concerned, I think you need to walk around an area to know where to go and where to avoid and sleep somewhere for a night so you know what the noise is like. I'll be sure to check out all 3 of the above moo bahns.

if you rely on songthaews to get around then Sansai may not be your best choice. it's a very large Amphur and there are many villages tucked away all over the place. i've lived here 10 years but could not imagine living without an automobile. there are green buses going from Faham up the Phrao Road in both directions but they are usually packed with students going to or coming from Mae Jo. i see them often and usually they are so packed that there are 4 students standing on the back bumper. where i am there are a few red buses in the morning but they have all been commissioned by missionaries to pick them up in the mornings to take them to work or take their children to schools. sometimes i see some other songthaews packed with villagers, hill tribes and the tops loaded with baskets of produce. again - probably commissioned.

on the road from Nong Chom to Tesco Lotus mini and beyond I have never seen a songthaew and it would be a dangerous place to try and catch a lift as people drive so fast on that road. the only songthaews i have seen going from the main market to Mae Kaet again appear to be commissioned as they are packed with villagers and goods, produce, etc.

just something to keep in mind.

• Like 2

I have lived in Sansai on and off for years.

A good moo baan for location is Emperor 2 behind the new Tesco at Meechok Plaza.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv