Deportation from Thailand: Any appeal from Sathit invalid, Tarit says

webfact

Don't they need a court to do this, or can they just order it?

All seems a bit kangaroo

My thoughts exactly..! They are using the emergency decree to deport him, despite the fact that it has been suggested that a caretaker government is not permitted to introduce such a decree.

Tarit is also suggesting that he is above the law, once again, since he is essentially telling the courts that they are not allowed to hear any appeal from this person...!!

Although I think he was rather foolish as a foreigner to adopt such a visible presence (on stage) in the protests, I am also of the opinion that he has every right to the full extent of the law to argue his case and oppose any proposed deportation.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SOE, an act of parliament, trumps the Constitution?

Yes, Chalerm, they teach you well at that university of lower education, Ramkhamhaeng.

Well, Sir (with the in-pronounceable handle ?) Ramkhamhaeng is most certainly NOT "a University of lower education". You obviously have no clue as to what you're talking about.

coffee1.gif

Yes, Chalerm, they teach you well at that university of lower education, Ramkhamhaeng.

Well, Sir (with the in-pronounceable handle ?) Ramkhamhaeng is most certainly NOT "a University of lower education". You obviously have no clue as to what you're talking about.

coffee1.gif

Umm. But hasn't it been proven in the past to have sold degrees?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

coffee1.gif

You've never seen, listened to, or read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? What planet have you been on? Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the lead characters. The one with two heads.

Here's his name written phonetically to help you pronounce it. /ˈzeɪfɒd ˈbiːbəlbrɒks/

coffee1.gif

You've never seen, listened to, or read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? What planet have you been on? Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the lead characters. The one with two heads.

Here's his name written phonetically to help you pronounce it. /ˈzeɪfɒd ˈbiːbəlbrɒks/

never heard of it either, what country does it hail from?

this will be great for relations between the two countries

ok, perhaps the guy should not have been on stage

but deporting a business leader is shooting yourself in the foot ... again ... just my opinion

Getting back on stage and mooning in CMPO's face is not a very clever move. He is practically saying to Tarit come and get me, I fart in your general direction and do not respect your laws you Thai pig dog.

and good on him too...

When you knowingly break a law stating non participation of foreigners in a country's political upheaval, you should be prepared for its consequences.

If you don't hold a thai id, you're simply a foreigner with privileges, not rights.

How many people in this world have rights? I know only of a handful who have privileges, not even rights

Rgds!

• Like 1

When you knowingly break a law stating non participation of foreigners in a country's political upheaval, you should be prepared for its consequences.

If you don't hold a thai id, you're simply a foreigner with privileges, not rights.

How many people in this world have rights? I know only of a handful who have privileges, not even rights

Rgds!

Hi Des.... What law's that then?

It will be interesting to follow this case. Getting back on stage may not have been the smartest thing to do but he has

already hitched his horse to Suthep's waggon so he may as well ride in it. If he gets deported and Suthep gets

back into power his fortunes will change.

but deporting a business leader is shooting yourself in the foot ... again ... just my opinion

Getting back on stage and mooning in CMPO's face is not a very clever move. He is practically saying to Tarit come and get me, I fart in your general direction and do not respect your laws you Thai pig dog.

Something everyone challenged by Taritt should do.

• Like 1

Which two countries? You mean India? If so, I doubt they care. It's not as if the man has any significant influence in India. Besides, India has similar laws and can be even more harsh. Just ask the Sikh activists from the UK and Canada who have run afoul of the Indian government.

As for his description as an important business man. I don't think so. I believe he's been more of a lobbyist, a promoter. He was pushing Indian weddings and bringing Indians film crews to make movies in Thailand not too long ago. My understanding is he was one of those people that hung around looking for an invite to an event. I'm sure he never met a free meal he wouldn't turn down, but that's just my impression. I guess his invites sort of dried up when the PTP was elected which might explain his resentment. I suppose if you aren't really adding value, you can't expect to be treated with kid gloves when you get mixed up in violent protests, especially if you are not a Thai citizen.

Seriously now, would anyone care to state what his exact business was, and how "important" he is? Does he have a manufacturing plant, employing Thais? Is he a developer who invested large sums of money in Thailand? Has he brought technology or innovation? What exactly has he done that made him "important". I can't wait for the answers, because I anticipate there will be a lot of head scratching as people try and figure out exactly what he did that was of value to the Thai economy.

Edited by geriatrickid

This is the democracy that Pheu Thai had been promising. This is it in action, for the whole world to see. Because one crazy man - Chalerm, in between self-proclaimed incognito capers as a means to arrest Suthep - says so, that's all. Because Chalerm - under this entirely self-serving emergency decree - he has the power to do what even third-world dictators would not do so brazenly. But all Chalerm does is prove to the world that he is a greater threat to democracy than any man who ever expressed his views on a stage. And as a diplomatic gesture to India - the world's largest democracy - who now are receiving a free lesson on democracy from Chalerm - it sets backs relations between the two countries - both economic and diplomatic - by decades. All to save face for Chalerm, who has been an absolutely fizzle when it comes to to demonstrating any abilities other than to empty the contents of a glass.

• Like 1

65 years in this country.

5 years old when he came here.

All his family is here.

He is as much Thai as anyone else, he has lived in Thailand longer than Chalerm and Tarit and the PM.

The UN will really be seeing their true nature, and so will the courts. They are showing the world that the absolute highest degree of racism has to exist to exercise this sort of behaviour, Thailand will show the world that where racism is concerned, they will beat any other nation hands down.

They are now showing the courts that this SOE is literally been put in place to abuse and manipulate it just to bully people.

The courts may now revoke the SEO, it has been proved to be a non starter.

coffee1.gif

I don't think Hitch Hikers ever made it to Friesland....... as much a shame as Kooten en De Bie never making it in the UK .

Rgds!

Hi Des.... What law's that then?

The Immigration Act, the same law that applies to you and me. Suthep should know it well, since it was passed during the Democrat administration in 2009. Talk about poetic justice.

Immigration Act In the name of his Mejesty King Bhumibol Enacted on the 24Th of February B.E. 2522 The 34Th year of the present reign

Section 4 : In this Act :

“ Alien” means any person who is not of Thai nationality under the nationality Act.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the

Kingdom :

7. Having behavior which would indicated possible danger to the public or likelihood of being a nuisance or constituting any violence to the peace or safety of the public or to the security of the public or to the security of the nation , or being under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign governments.

10. Being a person prohibited by the Minister under Section 16.

Chapter 6 Deportation of the Aliens

Section 53 : If it is learned at a late date that aliens who came to stay in the Kingdom are among the persons excluded from entry because of any circumstance as prescribed in Section 12 (7) or (8)or (10) or Section 43 Para.2 or Section 44 or persons convicted under Section 63 or 64 , the Director General will submit the matter to the Immigration Commission. If the Immigration Commission decides that the alien's permission to stay in the Kingdom should be revoked, the Immigration Commission will submit their opinion to the Minister for further consideration in revoking the Permission.

Section 54 : Any alien who enters or come to stay in the Kingdom without permission or when such permission expires or is revoked , the competent official will deport such alien out of the Kingdom. The provisions of Section 19 and 20 will be applied Mutatis Mutandis if in the case that investigation for deportation in reference to Para.1 of this Section must be conducted.

In case there is an order of deportation for the alien; while waiting for the alien to be deported the competent official may order the alien to stay at any prescribed place or he may order the alien to report to him ( competent official ) according to a prescribed date, time ,and place with Security or with Security and Bond. The competent official may also detain the alien at any given place as many be necessary. The expense of detention shall be charged to the alien’s account. The provision of this Section shall not apply to aliens entering and talking up residence in the Kingdom before the enforcement of the Immigration Act B.C. 2480 [ 1937 ]

Remember, if you disagree with the law, it was the Democrats who wrote it. So complain to them.

All his family is here.

He is as much Thai as anyone else, he has lived in Thailand longer than Chalerm and Tarit and the PM.

The UN will really be seeing their true nature, and so will the courts. They are showing the world that the absolute highest degree of racism has to exist to exercise this sort of behaviour, Thailand will show the world that where racism is concerned, they will beat any other nation hands down.

They are now showing the courts that this SOE is literally been put in place to abuse and manipulate it just to bully people.

The deportation is being effected under the regulations set by the Democrat authored Immigration Act. It didn't bother them at the time, and they did use it to deport the foreign redshirt sympathizers. This isn't an SOE issue. Read the Act. It's rather draconian. Ask Suthep why it was written that way.

Am I the only one who thinks that this deportation is just an excuse for someone looking to steal business from the guy? They won't issue an order for the average Indian Joe but for someone who has huge market share...

I'd bet a million $$$$ that someone close to the governing mafia plans to get their hands on his business. Of course, huge percentage of the gains would head straight to Dubai

I will gladly take your wager.

What exactly would this "business" be that you believe so valuable? You speculate in grandiose fashion. Now please entertain us with an explanation of this man's "huge market share". If I am not mistaken, he is a lobbyist and a promoter. What exactly is there to take?

This SOE is not even an act of Parliament. It is an act of a desperate caretaker government under seige...giggle.gif

This is not the SOE being applied but the Immigration Act that was written and passed into law by the Abhisit administration. Suthep was deputy PM in the Democrat party government at the time.

Is that egg on your face?

coffee1.gif

Ramkhamhaeng is NOT a University of lower education.................................... I studied there so make your comments relevant to the topic not about the quality of any University. Thank you for being so relatively understanding.

All his family is here.

The deportation is being effected under the regulations set by the Democrat authored Immigration Act. It didn't bother them at the time, and they did use it to deport the foreign redshirt sympathizers. This isn't an SOE issue. Read the Act. It's rather draconian. Ask Suthep why it was written that way.

Since when has ANY of the THAI politicians in this government EVER stuck to 100% legal means?

Stop spouting laws here and there, when the enforcers are as corrupt and criminal as you can get.

If we picked through every law these people have committed, they would be doing 400 years in prison each.

This guy has done nothing anywhere approaching what Chalerm has done in his time.

Ask him where his 160 million (tip of the iceberg) has come from.

You are just trying to advocate bullying and racism of the highest degree.

Edited by mightyatom

This SOE is not even an act of Parliament. It is an act of a desperate caretaker government under seige...giggle.gif

This is not the SOE being applied but the Immigration Act that was written and passed into law by the Abhisit administration. Suthep was deputy PM in the Democrat party government at the time.

Abhisit would have been a mere child when that act was passed.

2522 was 35 years ago.

Get it right will you.

Immigration Act In the name of his Mejesty King Bhumibol Enacted on the 24Th of February B.E. 2522 The 34Th year of the present reign

Also.... go read the OP again, Tarit distinctly said he could not appeal due the the order coming under the SOE.

quote.... 'Tarit Pengdith said yesterday any appeal would be invalid because Sathit's deportation was activated under the state of emergency,'

Edited by mightyatom
  • Like 1

All his family is here.

Since when has ANY of the THAI politicians in this government EVER stuck to 100% legal means?

Stop spouting laws here and there, when the enforcers are as corrupt and criminal as you can get.

If we picked through every law these people have committed, they would be doing 400 years in prison each.

This guy has done nothing anywhere approaching what Chalerm has done in his time.

Your argument demonstrates no logic. You make an erroneous allegation and then when it is pointed out, you say it doesn't matter. Nice.

You are a supporter of Suthep and this man who demand that the laws be upheld. Now, when a very basic law is enforced, you demand that it not be. Make up your mind. Or is what you are saying, the laws do not apply to you and Suthep?

I am not picking through the laws. It is very clear and it has been used by the former Democrat government. Did you you complain at the time?

The issue here isn't Chalerm. If it was, I think it more appropriate to inquire of Suthep about his adventure in palm oil and his family investments led by his son in respect to real estate. In this case, and it is this case that matters, we have an alien who has violated the most basic section of the Immigration Act. If you don't like the Act, tale your complaint to Suthep et al since they were part of the group that authored and passed the law. Are you now saying that the former Deputy PM was incompetent?

All his family is here.

Your argument demonstrates no logic. You make an erroneous allegation and then when it is pointed out, you say it doesn't matter. Nice.

You are a supporter of Suthep and this man who demand that the laws be upheld. Now, when a very basic law is enforced, you demand that it not be. Make up your mind. Or is what you are saying, the laws do not apply to you and Suthep?

I am not picking through the laws. It is very clear and it has been used by the former Democrat government. Did you you complain at the time?

The issue here isn't Chalerm. If it was, I think it more appropriate to inquire of Suthep about his adventure in palm oil and his family investments led by his son in respect to real estate. In this case, and it is this case that matters, we have an alien who has violated the most basic section of the Immigration Act. If you don't like the Act, tale your complaint to Suthep et al since they were part of the group that authored and passed the law. Are you now saying that the former Deputy PM was incompetent?

STOP using quotes of law to push this government's agenda, when they are no more than a bunch of criminals themselves. You are being hypocritical on THEIR behalf.

I repeat.....

2522 was 35 years ago.

Get it right will you.

Also.... go read the OP again, Tarit distinctly said he could not appeal due the the order coming under the SOE.

quote.... 'Tarit Pengdith said yesterday any appeal would be invalid because Sathit's deportation was activated under the state of emergency,'

There are 2 points where you have got it wrong in your posts.

2522 was 35 years ago.

Get it right will you.

The amendments to the law retain the original year.

The Act also sets out the appeal process. However, to avoid further argument. We won't hold the Democrats responsible for their review of the Immigration Act. The fact remains that the Immigration Act applies. The SOE is a non issue, with the exception that it allows that it allows a public nuisance to be deported faster.

Edited by geriatrickid