Bloomberg interview with Abhisit: 'It's time for reform. Why can't the govt accept that'

webfact

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres another one, he cant even let a question be asked without interrupting, every single time he trys to talk over the interviewer.

Mark is not very comfortable when put on the spot and he is not admitting mistakes and will not even admit armed protesters exist. lol sorry hes a talking head elite thats all.

Caveat: im not saying PTP arnt run by elite btw but Marky boy is just another one.

I agree that his interviewing skills are far from perfect, but at least he does put himself forward for them. Can you, or anyone, link me to a similarly cut and thrust style interview with someone high up the chain on the government side, because i have yet to see one?
  • Like 2

As rich a vein of hypocrisy as you're ever likely to find. 'We support free and fair elections' says the guy who boycotted an election and whose associates did their best to prevent people from voting in a free and fair manner. A valuable insight into the thinking of a hypocrite.

He should not be allowed to be involved in anything remotely connected to politics in this country ever again along with many of his cronies.

Incredible bunch of hypocrites. I would love to have sen a real " hard talk" type of interview, he would have been ripped apart.

Good Idea

Gat PAXMAN over to interview the lot of em.

That should make some seriously good TV

"I think in every democracy you have to have the rule of law. You don't allow the majority to put themselves above the law."

Right there. That is a perfect statement to the mistaken belief that the majority rule is always correct. He just nailed it.

• Like 2

'It's time for reform. Why can't the govt accept that'

Absolutely. Reform is most certainly needed.

However, the leader of the current protest movement is himself covered with a history of corruption and you yourself Mark were just a puppet PM last time (much the same as we have now!).

The ''reform'' that is needed is to get the whole lot of you out of Thai politics and start all over again, although that will never happen as there's too much ''benefit'' to be made.

T.I.T

• Like 2

It's time for reform why can't the govrnment accept that... Says the man who wants to reform the reforms he made when in government....

"What have I done wrong? I respect the law. I respect the Constitution. I am exercising my rights." err... I know innocent until proven guilty but.. murder?

• Like 2

Haslinda added me on her FB friend list in 2008, in my opinion she is an incredibly intelligent person and all her interviews and reports are outstanding. Abhisit was lucky he didn't get burned down lol. In any case, he should be fighting for reform within the system, it is a slow process but it is the only way to achieve change legitimately. I actually supported Abhisit in 2010 because I admired the way he showed restraint and kindness for months in the face of the "burn the city, kill the elites" stage-speeches by the reds. But I stopped supporting him when he joined the overthrow movement recently, because the problems are state issues and should be resolved by relentless and thorough pressure within state, not on the streets. Overthrow movements, especially by suspect interests who refuse to outline their agenda, is a dangerous road to travel.

coffee1.gif

Abhisit has fallen through the floor in a catastrophic self-inflicted loss of esteem and respect among governments of the Western democracies and in other parts of the world such as East and SE Asia - Japan comes most immediately to mind, but there are many others of this region included.

The Western and other democracies of the world have experienced a similar journey as you have on an individual, personal level - Abhisit is a bust

Abhisit is trying a personally indulgent and superficial PR campaign to try the impossible, which is to rehabilitate his standing among democratic governments and among corporate investors. It's well known globally Abhisit and his party can't win an election, haven't won an election in many moons, and in 2011 as the incumbent government led by Abhisit got a swift kick out the door.

Almost anyone watching this interview, the kind of audience Bloomberg attracts, sees that Abhisit is a slimy slick talker who's too cute by a half. Abhisit can't salvage his reputation because viewers now know his rep was bogus, false.

The democracies of the world have lost all respect and esteem they once had for him as a potential leader of Thai democracy and of democratically pursued reforms, and the Bloomberg audience with other similar audiences can see him as he is, ie, a fast talking BS artist who's on TV only to try to save his own personal hide.

I agree that partly due to some of his own questionable actions, and in no small part due to the ongoing and continual Amsterdam driven smear campaign against him, his image has suffered internationally and he is no longer considered the "poster boy" for Thai politics that he once was. I think it is fair to say the international community had high hopes for him, and he has failed to live up to them, and it is now too late to think he ever will.

Because hopes were high for him, his current standing seems perhaps somewhat lowly by comparison, but all it has really done, is bring him about on level with all the other Thai politicians, whom the international community never had any optimistic expectations of to begin with.

When a lot is expected of you, it's easy to disappoint... when nothing is expected of you, it's a lot harder... Yingluck has however proved that it is possible.

• Like 1

It's time for reform why can't the govrnment accept that... Says the man who wants to reform the reforms he made when in government....

"What have I done wrong? I respect the law. I respect the Constitution. I am exercising my rights." err... I know innocent until proven guilty but.. murder?

Question! Do you actually think that Abhisit is guilty of murder? As in he told the troops to shoot to kill!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A load of hypocritical rubbish from a seemingly intelligent guy.

The unasked question was how can the Democrat Party, who themselves are mired in massive crony corruption and vote-buying, be trusted to do anything about corruption when their noses are in the trough once again? They have done nothing about it previously, so why suddenly now?

"massive crony corruption" - proof?

"vote-buying" - proof?

There are millions of articles in the public doamin showing the 2 offences above being committed by the Shinawatra administrations - but I think you're just posting nonsense

And you're the man to tell us that the Dems aren't corrupt!? cheesy.gif

The unasked question was how can the Democrat Party, who themselves are mired in massive crony corruption and vote-buying, be trusted to do anything about corruption when their noses are in the trough once again? They have done nothing about it previously, so why suddenly now?

"vote-buying" - proof?

There are millions of articles in the public doamin showing the 2 offences above being committed by the Shinawatra administrations - but I think you're just posting nonsense

You are seriously trying to say the Dems are not involved in vote buying and corruption?

Come on you can't possibly be that naive can you?

Simple really....

Put up or shut up.

"vote-buying" - proof?

Post your proof or get back to looking for your bike.

What a disingenuous piece of crap. He know's dam_n well a country can't have reform without electoral politics. His minority supporters simply want to replace the corrupt, but legitimately elected government with their own corrupt un-elected illegitimate government. <deleted> ridiculous.

I think youi are taking Suthep's words and putting them in Abhisit's mouth.

Which is very juvenile.

• Like 1

"vote-buying" - proof?

Post your proof or get back to looking for your bike.

clap2.gif

Are you really saying the Dems aint corrupt?

Before you you continually bore us again with your 'proof, proof, proof' rhetoric, just do some research into that party and their corruption scandals. Sorry to say but the reports are endless.

Prove they aint corrupt or can't you get out of your 'Thait' ass this morning?smile.png

• Like 2

"vote-buying" - proof?

You are seriously trying to say the Dems are not involved in vote buying and corruption?

Come on you can't possibly be that naive can you?

Proof please!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haslinda added me on her FB friend list in 2008, in my opinion she is an incredibly intelligent person and all her interviews and reports are outstanding. Abhisit was lucky he didn't get burned down lol. In any case, he should be fighting for reform within the system, it is a slow process but it is the only way to achieve change legitimately. I actually supported Abhisit in 2010 because I admired the way he showed restraint and kindness for months in the face of the "burn the city, kill the elites" stage-speeches by the reds. But I stopped supporting him when he joined the overthrow movement recently, because the problems are state issues and should be resolved by relentless and thorough pressure within state, not on the streets. Overthrow movements, especially by suspect interests who refuse to outline their agenda, is a dangerous road to travel.

coffee1.gif

Abhisit has fallen through the floor in a catastrophic self-inflicted loss of esteem and respect among governments of the Western democracies and in other parts of the world such as East and SE Asia - Japan comes most immediately to mind, but there are many others of this region included.

The Western and other democracies of the world have experienced a similar journey as you have on an individual, personal level - Abhisit is a bust

Abhisit is trying a personally indulgent and superficial PR campaign to try the impossible, which is to rehabilitate his standing among democratic governments and among corporate investors. It's well known globally Abhisit and his party can't win an election, haven't won an election in many moons, and in 2011 as the incumbent government led by Abhisit got a swift kick out the door.

Almost anyone watching this interview, the kind of audience Bloomberg attracts, sees that Abhisit is a slimy slick talker who's too cute by a half. Abhisit can't salvage his reputation because viewers now know his rep was bogus, false.

The democracies of the world have lost all respect and esteem they once had for him as a potential leader of Thai democracy and of democratically pursued reforms, and the Bloomberg audience with other similar audiences can see him as he is, ie, a fast talking BS artist who's on TV only to try to save his own personal hide.

I agree that partly due to some of his own questionable actions, and in no small part due to the ongoing and continual Amsterdam driven smear campaign against him, his image has suffered internationally and he is no longer considered the "poster boy" for Thai politics that he once was. I think it is fair to say the international community had high hopes for him, and he has failed to live up to them, and it is now too late to think he ever will.

Because hopes were high for him, his current standing seems perhaps somewhat lowly by comparison, but all it has really done, is bring him about on level with all the other Thai politicians, whom the international community never had any optimistic expectations of to begin with.

When a lot is expected of you, it's easy to disappoint... when nothing is expected of you, it's a lot harder... Yingluck has however proved that it is possible.

A viable post, yes.

I'd add that if Amsterdam is being effective in his arguments concerning Abhisit, it would be because the arguments have traction among the global elites in government power and the monied corporate investor world. The global elites know the story of YS, TS, AV and all the rest of 'em.

Further, murky Mark was installed in 2008 by a "silent coup," supported and executed by the same people who presently back Suthep, yet AV still couldn't covert the gift the elites gave him at the polls in 2011. Suthep and Abhisit in their relationship are not dissimilar to the IRA and Sinn Fein although I don't say or imply the T word here.

Abhisit's new, the rest of his life problem is the age old problem, self-inflicted, that when one is up, you're up, and that when one is down, he's down. Which of course means that, yes, when you're up you can fall but one doesn't necessarily fall. But when you're down, it's because people have lost confidence in the person, lost trust, lost any connection to you they once may have had. The damage thus is personally and professionally catastrophic.

To the global community, AV is down and given the total picture of recent years to the present, AV is also out, which is where he's going to stay, because AV's future excludes legitimate elections and democracy. This is true In Thailand too in respect of the vast majority of Thais, the Thailand political center middle occupied by the democratic mass of the Thai people.

Abhisit has put himself into a political body bag.

• Like 2

From the above link I posted:

"The poll surveyed 1,289 between June 24-25, 2011. The answers were that 65.94% said they would not sell their votes, 26.3% said they would accept the money but would not vote for the person they were paid to vote for, and 4.11% said they would take the money and vote for the person they were paid to vote for."

The vote buying is today not a big issue unlike 20+ years ago. The rural people are not THAT poor anymore. Of course they will accept the money from multiple candidates (stupid not to) but they vote the way they themselves want anyway.

Edited by Timwin