Lak Si violence echoes 2010, points to hypocrisy on both sides

webfact

Rest assured that if the PDRC threatening to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacking Thai charity with grenades, attacking NPP and TPI buildings with grenades, storming parliament, storming police hospital, storming TV station, bombing electricity pylons, taking 2 police hostage, burning fire engines, destroying CCTV cameras, dumping tyres on sky train tracks and using children as human shields you can be assured the govt would send the army in.

But the PDRC has blown up several things, launched grenade attacks, stormed parliament, stormed TV stations, taken police hostage (in fact almost beating to death), destroyed untold public property, brought children to dangerous rally sites.

On top of this they have committed the most brazen, daylight armed assault in the history of Thailand.

But don't worry the army still won't be sent in.

The most brazen armed assault in the history of Thailand ... yes. I agree. At this moment with the evidence at hand. I'm not 100% sure it was PCAD that the Guy in black with the Tavor belonged to..mainly because of how brazen it was.. they seemed to ENSURE that they were in front of camera's ... but I don't think we will EVER know!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is an excellent video. Over 1 hour of analysis of all of the photos & videos available. It is fronted by the current Deputy Minister of Finance, but I am not allowed to post the link as the video is in Thai. Anyway I'm sure that those that have their heads out of the sand, with their eyes clear will be able to find it and digest the information.

• Like 1

Rest assured that if the PDRC threatening to blow up LPG truck, grenade attacks at Thai banks, attacking Thai charity with grenades, attacking NPP and TPI buildings with grenades, storming parliament, storming police hospital, storming TV station, bombing electricity pylons, taking 2 police hostage, burning fire engines, destroying CCTV cameras, dumping tyres on sky train tracks and using children as human shields you can be assured the govt would send the army in.

But the PDRC has blown up several things, launched grenade attacks, stormed parliament, stormed TV stations, taken police hostage (in fact almost beating to death), destroyed untold public property, brought children to dangerous rally sites.

On top of this they have committed the most brazen, daylight armed assault in the history of Thailand.

The most brazen armed assault in the history of Thailand ... yes. I agree. At this moment with the evidence at hand. I'm not 100% sure it was PCAD that the Guy in black with the Tavor belonged to..mainly because of how brazen it was.. they seemed to ENSURE that they were in front of camera's ... but I don't think we will EVER know!

There is an excellent video. Over 1 hour of analysis of all of the photos & videos available. It is fronted by the current Deputy Minister of Finance, but I am not allowed to post the link as the video is in Thai. Anyway I'm sure that those that have their heads out of the sand, with their eyes clear will be able to find it and digest the information.

First. There is no "current " minister of anything. TANUSAK LEKUTHA is caretaker. Same as the others. One has to ask WHY a government minister is interfering in an ongoing police investigation?

How convenient.

There is one VERY big difference between the 2010 and 2014 clashes.

In 2010, the shootings were between red shirts and authorities.

In 2014, the shootings were between PDRC and red shirts.

Sent from my phone ...

& may I ask, how could the shootings possibly be between PDRC & the army, considering the army's tacit support of the PDRC and every yellow uprising that has preceded it?

Have you forgotten about the police? I said "authorities".

There is one VERY big difference between the 2010 and 2014 clashes.

In 2010, the shootings were between red shirts and authorities.

In 2014, the shootings were between PDRC and red shirts.

Sent from my phone ...

& may I ask, how could the shootings possibly be between PDRC & the army, considering the army's tacit support of the PDRC and every yellow uprising that has preceded it?

Have you forgotten about the police? I said "authorities".

The police ( the authorities ) were being shot at along with the red shirt protesters and the press, you point is what exactly ? that the army is complicit with the PDRC or yellows as they were in 2010 ? if so yes id agree.

The police ( the authorities ) were being shot at along with the red shirt protesters and the press, you point is what exactly ? that the army is complicit with the PDRC or yellows as they were in 2010 ? if so yes id agree.

Most of the pictures were of the press and police taking cover with the PDRC, so they were being shot at by the red shirts ... again.

The PDRC weren't in a gun fight with the police. They were in a gun fight with the red shirts. In 2010, the red shirts were in gun fights with the army, not the yellow shirts (expect when they threw grenades at yellow shirts).

Sent from my phone ...

Most of the pictures were of the press and police taking cover with the PDRC, so they were being shot at by the red shirts ... again.

The PDRC weren't in a gun fight with the police. They were in a gun fight with the red shirts. In 2010, the red shirts were in gun fights with the army, not the yellow shirts (expect when they threw grenades at yellow shirts).

Sent from my phone ...

Actually I've seen at least as many pictures of the press/police taking cover with the red shirts as I have with the PDRC. Details are still somewhat unclear, but it seems pretty likely that the PDRC fired first (at least the first person to be shot was a red shirt, almost as soon as the confrontation had began). There were a couple of red shirts with hand guns pictured firing back, but obviously the PDRC were more heavily armed. James Nachtwey was injured by a bullet fired from the red shirt side - grazed by the richochet. Not sure if any of the PDRC were injured, but at least three were shot on the red side. One seriously. I'm not actually sure the militants weren't in a gun fight with the police, other than the two red shirts seen with hand guns, the only others with guns aimed at the PDRC were police officers. Nick Nostitz says he saw a cop point his gun towards one of the PDRC gunmen but he didn't fire. We don't know the other police didn't fire back though.

I sincerely dislike the revisionist history which seems to have become mainstream in the media. The 2010 protests were an armed uprising against the government. I worked in a firezone. We had to close our office for 2 weeks because of the violence. It was unfortunate the uprising had to be put down by violent means and that meant loss of lives, but I'm really not sure how else that could have ended without the destruction of the Thai nation-state. Any government is within its rights to defend itself against violence directed at it from within.

The 2013-14 protests have been relatively peaceful. The violence has occurred when the anti-government groups have come in contact with pro-government groups, or "men in black", whoever they may be. There might have been some army involvement in the Laksi incident, but, if there was, the force was used in an attempt to restore peace.

I don't think there was any army involvement at Laksi other than the unarmed military officers you saw in the clips. I believe the militants we've seen in the pictures & videos were militia with the PDRC - some of them very likely involved in previous clashes - not soldiers in disguise as some have claimed. However, the red shirts did smash up a car driven by a guy that works at military HQ. Not sure if that was connected to the events or just a coincidence or what actually happened. And Koh Tee has apparently disappeared to Cambodia, believing Prayuth has placed a hit on him.

Sent from my phone ...

Actually I've seen at least as many pictures of the press/police taking cover with the red shirts as I have with the PDRC. Details are still somewhat unclear, but it seems pretty likely that the PDRC fired first (at least the first person to be shot was a red shirt, almost as soon as the confrontation had began). There were a couple of red shirts with hand guns pictured firing back, but obviously the PDRC were more heavily armed. James Nachtwey was injured by a bullet fired from the red shirt side - grazed by the richochet. Not sure if any of the PDRC were injured, but at least three were shot on the red side. One seriously. I'm not actually sure the militants weren't in a gun fight with the police, other than the two red shirts seen with hand guns, the only others with guns aimed at the PDRC were police officers. Nick Nostitz says he saw a cop point his gun towards one of the PDRC gunmen but he didn't fire. We don't know the other police didn't fire back though.

Still, the point being, this wasn't a gun fight between the PDRC and the police (the authorities), as it was in 2010 when the red shirts were in gun fights with the army (the authorities).

Sent from my phone ...

Still, the point being, this wasn't a gun fight between the PDRC and the police (the authorities), as it was in 2010 when the red shirts were in gun fights with the army (the authorities).

Right. Although I think they will be in a gun fight with authorities should govt decide to crackdown - yet despite Chalerm's comments, that still looks unlikely at this stage. No order from Suthep is required to make this happen. I'm not saying he would or wouldn't order it, but rather that, whatever his directions, it'll be out of his control quickly if things go that way. I doubt anyone ordered protesters to shoot at police at the Thai-Japanese Stadium, but when you have many technical students and the like involved in confrontation, it's almost inevitable.

In Thai news media and discussions about politics in LoS, the term "third hand" often shows up. Also sometimes "men in black shirts", who shoot/bomb/launch grenades on behalf of the "third hand". The whole idea seems to be that there may be a third party trying exploit or manipulate some conflict between two rival groups.

I personally find that "third hand" explanation as believable as Santa Claus, or the tooth fairy did it. I can see two parties fighting for power/money, and the "third hand" usually looks like the violent branch of either red or yellow; but because these guys in black use heavy weapons, the main protest movement needs to conveniently distance itself from the shooters, and this is where the "third hand" story nicely fits in. Also, no men in black ever seem to get arrested and convicted, so the local media need a way to cover them while not accusing any side.

Solution: probably Santa Claus (the third hand) may have launched that grenade.

Anyhow, what's the link to the article: the great thing about it is that it uses logic in analyzing the violence in 2010 and 2014, and never brings up the magical third hand explanation.

Edited by blokker

they are outing them. 4 have been arrested already and I have seen the pics on the Thai Police web site.

looks like this guys days are numberd as well. Lots of activity on social medai and I am confident many more will be arrested when the time is right. Won't be now, as that plays into Sutheps hands.... but they'll get them

Bf7IHnUCcAAE2to.jpg

I saw it spread far and wide on twitter. Strange how many incriminating pics of the PDRC never show up in some media.

There was no report whatsoever last weekend of the 3 shots fired by the PDRC into 2 cars at Lumpini. These were shoot to kill, the bulled hit the steering wheel and the guys ear. 3 inches to the right and he was dead.!!

The media really have disgraced themselve with the backing of this coup. Who knows, maybe reform will have to set in at the news papers once this Coup is finally laid to rest

http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1UUXhNREkyTnc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

they are outing them. 4 have been arrested already and I have seen the pics on the Thai Police web site.

looks like this guys days are numberd as well. Lots of activity on social medai and I am confident many more will be arrested when the time is right. Won't be now, as that plays into Sutheps hands.... but they'll get them

Bf7IHnUCcAAE2to.jpg

So 4 have been arrested .. and then?

More information. Who are they? Where do they live? Have they been on television with police pointing at them?

If no information. Then very strange! Don't you think?

PS : any link to the police website you mentioned?