Foreign operates or owned successful business there are many

After being here for a number of years .

I noticed here there are a great number of successful owned or operated farang business.

I know on TV we only hear about the failed ones .

One think I noticed and I also talked to my wife about it is do it legally all above board so the BIB don't. Come calling for the usual tea money .

I would like to put up a number of successfully operated business by foreighners not sure if I can post the names of there business .

If we can would be nice to hear about the success stories .

And I know there are many because I travel a lot and come across foreign owned business all over Thailand

From restaurants to guest house resorts etc

To the moderators are we allowed to post business names? Because they are success stories.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif I bet if you look closely you will find that those farangs are actually the OPERATORS of those businesses,

They may own 49% of the business, but one or more Thais actually owns the other 51%.

The majority owners are usually one or more Thais .... sometimes the Thai wife and maybe some other Thai family member .

In a number of cases the actual majority owner(s) are often Thais with a police connection.

That's especially true in the bar and "hospitality" businesses.

Otherwise they wouldn't have that valued "liquor license" they need to sell booze legally.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif I bet if you look closely you will find that those farangs are actually the OPERATORS of those businesses,

They may own 49% of the business, but one or more Thais actually owns the other 51%.

The majority owners are usually one or more Thais .... sometimes the Thai wife and maybe some other Thai family member .

In a number of cases the actual majority owner(s) are often Thais with a police connection.

That's especially true in the bar and "hospitality" businesses.

Otherwise they wouldn't have that valued "liquor license" they need to sell booze legally.

For many other business...like production of technical goods, it is often that the 51 % owner only exist on the paper....like it are the motorbike guys from the layer company who also left a signed but not dated document for the move of the shares to someone else who isn't filled in yet.

Common is also that these, don't know, 7 or 8 signatures are made by the same person, which makes filling documents with the signature of all share owner much faster.

Of course complete illegal but common.....