Suthep accused of buying land with donation money

webfact

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So the sins of the father are used to tar the son, and regurgitated to tar the father again.

Suthep has had so much traction with the protests that PTP will take any and all roads high low and subterranean to remove even a jot of his influence and ability to cut their path short. In that light, it is no wonder anything his son does in business will be laid at his feet as a crime of the highest magnitude. Until proved in a court of law, this reportage MUST be assumed to be a political hatchet job, driven by PTP desperation, and nothing more.

But of course Thaksin partisans whether paid PR hacks, or zealot believers, or the simply misinformed, will parrot the innuendos endlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unfortunately for you, the property scams of Suthep's family are so brazen that it is not suprising that most people would believe almost anything he does would probably involve some degree of corruption.

By the way, as Suthep Junior has now been involved in this, how did his court appearance for forest encroachment go? You see, the whole family is as rotten to the core.

Interesting to me is that in some 8 pages of this thread, not a single person has pretended that what Suthep did was not either dodgy or dishonest, the best his "huggers" can come up with is the usual whine of "but Thaksin did this (or that)" ad infinitum!

Perhaps it is because it is not at all clear that he has done anything whatsoever!

What a funny thread, so some think its all perfectly normal for someone with more debt than assets to have a massive Loan greater than the asset Value, a son thats up for land dodgy dealing and a miraculous 280 million ... thats about 5 million £ just hanging around.

If you don't think the father has anything to do with the son or this isnt worth looking seriously and deeply into in light of who Suthep is, his background and his current demands and claims vs others you must be a total crazy.gif either that or post-4641-1156694083.gif

I am sure any Thai with no assets like Suthep could go to the bank and borrow 200 million Baht for unspecified reasons.

Either he would need to know the bank director and give him some money, or he has assets that are undeclared and the bank director knows about.

Oh wait, but then that would be corruption, wouldn't it?

It's not Suthep that is accused of buying the land. It is his adult son. It's only dependents that are included on asset declarations.

A Thai I know pretty well explained the whole of Suthep's land and palm oil scandal that in 1995 brought down the DP government.

Here it is in a nutshell.

Suthep started out with two plots of land. Suthep sold three of them to his publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by his brother-in-law at the bank, then executed a debt / equity swap with an unpublished general offer so that he got all four plots of land back, with a tax deduction for maintaining five plots of land. The palm oil rights of six plots of land were transferred via a Brunei intermediary to a Russian company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sold the rights to all seven plots of land back to the listed company. The annual report said that the company owned eight plots of land, with an option on one more. So Suthep sold the two plots of land because the spirit house lady said the karma was bad.

Remember, you heard it here first.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Why did you cut the part where I said that it is wrong??? I have added my post again for you so you can read it again.

And I'll say it again. Don't snip it next time.

IT'S WRONG.

But is it illegal?

It's not illegal? Really? Running out of arguments, are we.

Accepting that Suthep is wrong is a step in the right direction. The next one is admitting that it's illegal.

You have a serious comprehension problem Shannon. You're red bias really stops you from thinking.

First, you snip the part of my post that said that he is wrong if had used the money collected from protesters and then you went off on a rant about me not thinking it's wrong.

Then when I ask a question about whether it's illegal, you say I have run out arguments. You haven't even suggested a reason as to why it may be illegal. You haven't run out of arguments. You never had one.

In no way am I suggesting it is right, but why would it be illegal?

Still early of course, but we already have 275 posts full of facts and proof based on accusations of spokesperson Prompong of the Pheu Thai party, which is the majority coalition partner (82%) of the caretaker government which is being opposed by k. Suthep, the PDRC and lots of others. Pure coincidence of course.

Well, we'll see what 'proof' will come up this week, still waiting for the 5 foreign PDRC leaders as well and 'proof' of caretaker MoL CMPO head Chalerm that the protesters are doing themselves in to garner sympathy. Mind you lots of posters who have no problem believing that. Most likely the same lot or there predecessors) who had no problem believing then Dept PM Suthep on the 'protesters running into bullets'. Gullible lot, or just a prime example of double standards?

Edited by rubl

Why did you cut the part where I said that it is wrong??? I have added my post again for you so you can read it again.

IT'S WRONG.

But is it illegal?

Accepting that Suthep is wrong is a step in the right direction. The next one is admitting that it's illegal.

You have a serious comprehension problem Shannon. You're red bias really stops you from thinking.

First, you snip the part of my post that said that he is wrong if had used the money collected from protesters and then you went off on a rant about me not thinking it's wrong.

Then when I ask a question about whether it's illegal, you say I have run out arguments. You haven't even suggested a reason as to why it may be illegal. You haven't run out of arguments. You never had one.

In that case, you should be able to give me an explanation as to why it is legal, no?

Please, enlighten me and tell me how taking millions of Baht from people on the streets with the promise that it will be used to oust the government, is legal to use on a personal land purchase.

Will buying the lot of land help oust Yingluck? Will it be used to grow an all powerful magic wand?

IT'S WRONG.

But is it illegal?

In that case, you should be able to give me an explanation as to why it is legal, no?

Please, enlighten me and tell me how taking millions of Baht from people on the streets with the promise that it will be used to oust the government, is legal to use on a personal land purchase.

Will buying the lot of land help oust Yingluck? Will it be used to grow an all powerful magic wand?

<deleted>? It's legal because if someone gives you money you can do what you want with it.

And for the really stupid people, that in no way makes it right, ethical or moral, or that I agree with it.

It won't help oust Yingluck or the government, but that doesn't make it illegal.

Now, you are so adamant that its illegal. How about you tell me what possible laws he might have broken.

All that is besides the point that this most likely isn't even true.

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 2

IT'S WRONG.

But is it illegal?

Could you enlighten US and tell US the results of the extensive investigation that has been carried out by Khoasod / Phua Thai or the DSI?

Nothing .. really! Oh OK then.

What about the equally extensive investigation into Monk Issara's alleged land dealing .. still nothing ... oh dear!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<deleted>? It's legal because if someone gives you money you can do what you want with it.

It is NOT legal.

I asked my lawyer (who is Thai) today and he said that receiving donations under false pretenses or by deception is considered an offense in Thailand punishable by jail.

If you don't believe me, go ask your lawyer and he'll tell you the same.

And may I remind you that it's not only illegal in Thailand, but also under US and EU law, just as a comparison.

It is NOT legal.

I asked my lawyer (who is Thai) today and he said that receiving donations under false pretenses or by deception is considered an offense in Thailand punishable by jail.

And may I remind you that it's not only illegal in Thailand, but also under US and EU law, just as a comparison.

You might want to first confirm the land deal was bought with donations in the first place. The mere fact that this government says so leads me to believe it is just another lie in the ongoing torrent of lies and deception it peddles to the gullible farmers on false populist grounds.

• Like 1

It is NOT legal.

You might want to first confirm the land deal was bought with donations in the first place. The mere fact that this government says so leads me to believe it is just another lie in the ongoing torrent of lies and deception it peddles to the gullible farmers on false populist grounds.

You are right, there needs to be proof first.

But the people I am answering to are the same people who continue to post crap about Puea Thai murdering protesters, Puea Thai burning down warehouses and Puea Thai buying votes, all without any kind of proof either.

It seems like in their society people are automatically guilty if an accusation pops up in their brains, so I'm just adapting.

But the people I am answering to are the same people who continue to post crap about Puea Thai murdering protesters, Puea Thai burning down warehouses and Puea Thai buying votes, all without any kind of proof either.

It seems like in their society people are automatically guilty if an accusation pops up in their brains, so I'm just adapting.

You don't believe that the rice scam and other populist policies were vote buying?

• Like 1

other populist policies were vote buying?

I have some serious questions JRSoul I want you to answer honestly.

1) Do you regard all populist policies globally as vote buying?

2) For example do you regard the Winter Fuel Allowance in the UK vote buying? Surely every democratic government in the world does this?

3) Do you think therefore such governments should also be overthrown by unelected bodies because of this?

4) If Suthep bent over and said "JRSoul, go on my son, give me a "final push" like the one i promise you every week" would you dutifully oblige?

• Like 1

2) For example do you regard the Winter Fuel Allowance in the UK vote buying? Surely every democratic government in the world does this?

3) Do you think therefore such governments should also be overthrown by unelected bodies because of this?

4) If Suthep bent over and said "JRSoul, go on my son, give me a "final push" like the one i promise you every week" would you dutifully oblige?

Although you avoided answering my question, i will answer yours.

1/ No, not all, but many including the rice scam in particular.

2/ no concern of mine or this topic

3/ this what? Do I believe the Shinawatra government should be thrown out because of its corruption (by anyone capable), absolutely.

4/ I have no idea what this means though I assume it is a crude form of humour.

Can I expect a return of courtesy or simply more ignorance?

Re winter fuel. If the head of the country had controlling corporate interests in fuel being sold I would consider it at least corruption. Thaksin does own a number of hospitals vis a vis the 30 baht universal health care program ( which is fine provided you only needed an aspirin),

The PT government is not being overthrown by an unelected body. They are being overthrown by their own corruption and bravado, acting as if they are entirely above the law.

Edited by samuidave
  • Like 1

It is NOT legal.

Ok, so you've finally answered a question I asked 5 days and 7 posts ago. Thank you.

Of course, not being a registered charity may mean that that would not apply.

Sent from my phone ...

It is NOT legal.

If you believe that it is illegal what Suthep supposed to have done, why is PT not using their police force and submit evidence to the police and the court you think? In other words, start a real case.

Edited by Nickymaster

It is NOT legal.

Ok, so you've finally answered a question I asked 5 days and 7 posts ago. Thank you.

Of course, not being a registered charity may mean that that would not apply.

Sent from my phone ...

I'm sorry. I'm not your secretary so I don't think I am even required to look up this information for you. If you wish to further educate yourself, you could always do it yourself.

And the law applies to both individuals obtaining donations under false pretenses or by deception as well as to charities, so just because Suthep didn't register his "charity" doesn't mean he can put his stinky fingers in the honey pot.

• Like 1

It is NOT legal.

So, with this oh so clear case we are still waiting for more information? Didn't some posters suggest that it should be easy to get the documentary proof of the alleged sticky fingers of Suthep?

Interesting that some wait for Suthep to document he didn't do what the Pheu Thai spokesperson accuses him of.

notice the ptp have let this slide because they know it is bullsh*t, its only the reds propaganderists in here that keep pushing it because they are losing everything else, same with the supposed propertities in CM, the reds cant afford the money they will have to pay for making bullsh*t statements so they did a runner too. Come on all you red psycophants, we all want to know who owns them and who paid for them, you claim to know it all........

Edited by seajae

Inflammatory post removed also quoted reply

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

Re winter fuel. If the head of the country had controlling corporate interests in fuel being sold I would consider it at least corruption. Thaksin does own a number of hospitals vis a vis the 30 baht universal health care program ( which is fine provided you only needed an aspirin),

The PT government is not being overthrown by an unelected body. They are being overthrown by their own corruption and bravado, acting as if they are entirely above the law.

Ahh I see what you mean.

A bit like the deputy prime minister being appointed chairman of the National Palm Oil Policy Committee when his family controls the palm oil industry in the South, then using this position to artificially make the price rocket and make himself millions.

I see what you mean now clap2.gif thumbsup.gif

Ahh I see what you mean.

A bit like the deputy prime minister being appointed chairman of the National Palm Oil Policy Committee when his family controls the palm oil industry in the South, then using this position to artificially make the price rocket and make himself millions.

I see what you mean now clap2.gif thumbsup.gif

Educate me. Kindly elaborate how Suthep made the price sky rocket.

Educate me. Kindly elaborate how Suthep made the price sky rocket.

There we go, always one to pass on my wisdom. (in reality I googled "Suthep Palm Oil" as I wish more on here would do.)

http://asiancorrespondent.com/49900/thailands-palm-oil-crisis-mr-s-strikes-again/

Its an old article so not current propaganda or anything, just what everyone knows about this man.

For the record Ive little time for some of the actions of the current government and couldn`t agree more corruption needs tackled head on in Thailand now. But the idea that this campaign should be run by Suthep, a man whos actions mirror Thaskins only on a smaller scale, is absurd in the extreme.

• Like 1

As we all knew already, Suthep's campaign has nothing to do with ridding Thailand of corruption, and everything to do with the fact that the Ruling Elite are jealous of Thakins cronies for profiting from it, when they believe the proceeds of corruption should rightfully be theirs - as they always were in the past.

When are you going to admit that Thaksin and his cronies are also part of the ruling elite?

It depends on your definition of the Ruling Elite which many of us use as a euphemism because it would be illegal to be more specific. Thaksin and his family are ruling elite in that they are ethnic Chinese as 98% of the RE are. Most of his real big bucks came as the proceeds of his political career - before that he was a rank outsider - a hick from the sticks. Big in Chiang Mai a minnow in national terms.

Hands down, the most amusing thing in Thailand for many years now is the fact

that a self centered corrupt to the core billionaire portrays himself as a champion

of farmers living in bamboo shacks. This truly is amazing Thailand !!!!!!!

I agree with you that the irony is amusing. What is even more amusing is that if and when the ruling elite manage to dislodge him and his family they will get Jutaporn - or somebody like him - and then they can laugh at the dose of real socialism that will be unleashed on them.