Australia drug convict Schapelle Corby granted parole

webfact

Most Australians think Schapelle Corby guilty

Only one in five Australians has a positive opinion of Schapelle Corby, and only 19 per cent think her innocent of drug trafficking.

The opinion poll, by UMR Research, shows 56 per cent have a negative opinion of Ms Corby and 47 per cent think her guilty.

The survey of almost 1000 adults took place just before and after Ms Corby's February 10 release from Bali's Kerobokan Prison.

Younger Australians, aged 18-29 years, are more supportive of Ms Corby, with 28 per cent having a positive opinion compared to 20 per cent overall. Older Australians, aged 50-69, are more likely to have a negative view - 61 per cent. More men (60 per cent) have a negative view of Ms Corby than women (52 per cent).

Advertisement

Only 19 per cent of Australians think Ms Corby innocent - with women (21 per cent) slightly more inclined to think this than men (17 per cent). Forty-eight per cent of people surveyed supported Ms Corby's release on parole, while 30 per cent were opposed.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^. Read, "it's harder to pull the wool over the eyes of the experienced"

Funny, they didn't mention anything about the percentage of ppl that couldn't give a rats arse about the matter.

Statistics are great, you can make them tell almost any story. :P

The AFP (Aust Fed Police) have raided Chanel Seven's head office with a warrant. Proceeds of Crime investigation in regards to Chanel 7 and Corby. Apparently a joint AFP/Indonesia operation.

Corby could be in trouble again.

Yeah...until a deal is struck between the indo side and the cash...how gullible of you

Which is happening now...

Schapelle Corby ready for tell-all as negotiations with Indonesian authorities continue

SCHAPELLE Corby’s brother-in-law is today expected to try to cut a deal with Indonesian authorities over the convicted drug smuggler’s lucrative first interview as new details emerge of Seven’s offer.

Channel Seven’s Mike Willesee yesterday morning said Wayan Widiartha, who is married to Corby’s sister Mercedes, would today meet with parole officials and invite them to sit in on the controversial interview if they approve of it going ahead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/schapelle-corby-ready-for-tellall-as-negotiations-with-indonesian-authorities-continue/story-fni0xqrc-1226831643928

Edited by BookMan

Yeah...until a deal is struck between the indo side and the cash...how gullible of you

Which is happening now...

Schapelle Corby ready for tell-all as negotiations with Indonesian authorities continue

SCHAPELLE Corby’s brother-in-law is today expected to try to cut a deal with Indonesian authorities over the convicted drug smuggler’s lucrative first interview as new details emerge of Seven’s offer.

Channel Seven’s Mike Willesee yesterday morning said Wayan Widiartha, who is married to Corby’s sister Mercedes, would today meet with parole officials and invite them to sit in on the controversial interview if they approve of it going ahead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/schapelle-corby-ready-for-tellall-as-negotiations-with-indonesian-authorities-continue/story-fni0xqrc-1226831643928

Stop TV deal lobbying: Corby parole boss

3:58pm February 20, 2014

Lobbying by Schapelle Corby's family to allow her paid TV interview is frustrating the head of Bali's parole board, who says his job is at stake.

Mr Artha says Wayan, the husband of Corby's sister Mercedes, gave him a letter requesting permission for the interview.

"I said to him that I don't need to give you another answer to that, because it's all clear - there's no permission as has been instructed by the deputy minister," he said.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/02/20/17/06/stop-tv-deal-lobbying-corby-parole-boss

The Corby family are a barrel of laughs aren't they?

You have to wonder which family member will actually be the biggest recipient of the financial pie being offered for the interview?

I just hope they don't push things to far and Schapelle has her Parole removed. For her sake.

Crikey the Corby family are showing real signs of desperation in their hunger for money…….even trying to meet the Justice Minister in Jakartagiggle.gif

Mercedes and husband Wayan Widyartha have been waging a campaign to get the green light for Corby’s interview.

This week, the couple apparently visited Jakarta, where they visited the corrections directorate general but didn’t get the answer they were looking for. They then tried to meet the justice minister, Amir Syamsuddin, who granted Corby’s parole, but were only able to leave a letter for him.

Syamsuddin told reporters on Friday the advice to Corby couldn’t be clearer. “What’s with Corby?” he saidclap2.gif . “It’s clear what the corrections board in Bali has answered to their letter, and that’s what’s correct. The corrections board has rejected it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/21/schapelle-corby-interview-still-out-of-bounds-despite-sisters-plea-to-minister

BM, I'm almost betting she will end up, back inside. Seriously, they'll push the boundaries, they can't help themselves.

I have that feeling also. Wouldn't you lie low for a month or two and say nothing? Move out of that expensive compound?

Instead, Mercedes and her husband are actively lobbying for Schapelle to be allowed to give an interview.

Really is adding fuel to a fire

BM, I'm almost betting she will end up, back inside. Seriously, they'll push the boundaries, they can't help themselves.

I have that feeling also. Wouldn't you lie low for a month or two and say nothing? Move out of that expensive compound?

Instead, Mercedes and her husband are actively lobbying for Schapelle to be allowed to give an interview.

Even Ketut Artha the head of Bali’s parole board says he would " prefer Corby leave the luxury villa and stay in Wayan’s family home, which is the address she put on her parole documents ". facepalm.gif

Even Ketut Artha the head of Bali’s parole board says he would " prefer Corby leave the luxury villa and stay in Wayan’s family home, which is the address she put on her parole documents ". facepalm.gif

They can't take a hint can they? tongue.png

You may be right and bogans have the knack of pushing buttons.

Corbys fail to sway minister on TV deal

A plea to allow Schapelle Corby to do a lucrative TV interview has been rebuffed at ministerial level, despite her family promising not to be critical of Indonesia and arguing it was for the sake of her rehabilitation.

The Seven Network is expected to pay a seven-figure sum for the story of Corby's nine-year imprisonment in Bali for drug-smuggling charges she has always denied.

But Indonesian justice officials say the interview will likely end her parole, which took effect when she left Kerobokan jail last week amid chaotic scenes.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/02/21/18/58/corbys-fail-to-sway-minister-on-tv-deal

Edited by chooka

Even Ketut Artha the head of Balis parole board says he would " prefer Corby leave the luxury villa and stay in Wayans family home, which is the address she put on her parole documents ". facepalm.gif

its kind of like working in the pitch dark under a one watt light globe.

No doubt shes gonna squeal like a stuck pig when they drive her back to Kerobakan.

Mercedes Corby suing the Australian Federal Police over interview money for drug-convicted sister Schapelle

MERCEDES Corby is suing the Australian Federal Police in what is believed to be a row over their attempts to seize any money paid to her sister Schapelle for an exclusive TV interview.

Lawyers for Ms Corby, under her full name of Mercedes Pearl Esma Corby, have lodged the documents in the Federal Court’s Sydney registry today.The case has been listed for its first mention tomorrow before Justice Jayne Jagot in Sydney.

The development is yet another sensation twist in the Corby saga with armed agents from the AFP raiding Seven’s Sydney offices last Tuesday to search for documents relating to an exclusive deal for a paid interview with Schapelle Corby.

Justice Jagot, presiding over the mention of Mercedes’ case, is also hearing the case lodged by Seven West Media against the AFP over the raidson Seven and on the offices of New Idea magazine last week.

Daily Telegraph Article

Edited by BookMan

Unbelievable! Talk about testing the boundaries

So they are still going to go ahead with some coverage on Australian television this Sunday night despite further clear warnings from the Indonesian Justice Ministry.ohmy.png

I can't believe the behaviour of Channel 7 and Mike Willesee who for the sake of their ratings are blatantly putting at risk Schapelle Corby’s new freedom.

Indonesia to ‘study’ Schapelle Corby footage on Sunday Night

http://www.news.com.au/national/indonesia-to-study-schapelle-corby-footage-on-sunday-night/story-fncynjr2-1226839867086

Edited by Asiantravel

Unbelievable! Talk about testing the boundaries

So they are still going to go ahead with some coverage on Australian television this Sunday night despite further clear warnings from the Indonesian Justice Ministry.ohmy.png

I can't believe the behaviour of Channel 7 and Mike Willesee who for the sake of their ratings are blatantly putting at risk Schapelle Corby’s new freedom.

Indonesia to ‘study’ Schapelle Corby footage on Sunday Night

http://www.news.com.au/national/indonesia-to-study-schapelle-corby-footage-on-sunday-night/story-fncynjr2-1226839867086

The media are not the slightest bit worried about Corby and if this TV coverage is aired and it is against her Parole conditions, bad luck. She may then get what the Indonesian people are complaining about, which is for the Gov to get tough on drugs and for her to complete her sentence back in Gaol where she belongs.

Wonder if her brother will say sorry.

And her dad is now dead ! However there were a couple of baggage handlers arrested for drug offences at Brisbane Airport on the very day that she flew out. Coincidence i know, but enough to cast doubt as it had become a habit of drug gangs to ship via interstate airports. I am inclined to believe that she was just the unfortunate victim of a complete cock up, the marijuana was just inserted into her boogie board bag via a simple zip. They probably missed the shipment at Sydney and she copped it .

At 25 she was still a beauty student. Most do this at 16 and 17? Sounds as though she was slow, that maybe why she couldn't work out how the dope got into the dope's bag. If she didn't pack it maybe someone in the family put it in!cheesy.gif

Honestly, the girl has done enough time, but the coverage she has got with her family, is a shame; will see a few good books written, I hope not. The Bali goal has to be the best in Asia to get locked up in. What they should have done is transfered her to a few more years in a Aussie goal.clap2.gif

One of the Indonesian Poli's suggested that her Dad was involved in the racket on the TV here in OZ. I am sure his inteligence source would be reliable. But the whole family has some form in this side of business from various media reports here in OZ.

At the end of the day, if not her then someone in the family should have done the time. I just hope the bail conditions restrict this minipulating muppet from earning any money from the trade in misery that her family is involved in.

Good on ya Indonesia.thumbsup.gif

OMG Chris Lawrence, you do know everything don't you. Well maybe it might happen to you one day ( just hoping)

People like you were ready to hang Lindy Chamberlaine and you should all be ashamed of yourselves, Lindy was cleared of charges and freed from jail.

Peddler of death.....cheesy.gif ...oh my...a tad over acting here innit......woops another puff..cheesy.gif

She is a convicted drug dealer given celebrity status which is totally wrong. She is scum who has been placed well above hard working normal folk.

Thought you had more intelligence, you know as well as many that the case against her would have been thrown out af any Australian court. Asian justice and policing is a sick joke, they even burnt the evidence before the court case or any DNA was taken. My estimation has just gone down if you are indicative of the Victorian Police Force.

Wonder if her brother will say sorry.

And her dad is now dead ! However there were a couple of baggage handlers arrested for drug offences at Brisbane Airport on the very day that she flew out. Coincidence i know, but enough to cast doubt as it had become a habit of drug gangs to ship via interstate airports. I am inclined to believe that she was just the unfortunate victim of a complete cock up, the marijuana was just inserted into her boogie board bag via a simple zip. They probably missed the shipment at Sydney and she copped it .

The baggage handler slipping drugs into her bag was a story fabricated by her first defense lawyer.

He admitted to this being the case.

In a June 2008 documentary, Schapelle Corby: The Hidden Truth, Corby's former lawyer, Robin Tampoe, said that he fabricated the defence theory that Australian baggage handlers could have planted the drugs in Corby's luggage, apologised to them,[20] and said that former Australian foreign minister Alexander Downer told him he suspected Corby's brothers were behind the convicted drug smuggler's crime.[21][22] Tampoe was subsequently struck off for misconduct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schapelle_Corby#Alleged_involvement_of_baggage_handlers

Peddler of death.....cheesy.gif ...oh my...a tad over acting here innit......woops another puff..cheesy.gif

She is a convicted drug dealer given celebrity status which is totally wrong. She is scum who has been placed well above hard working normal folk.

Thought you had more intelligence, you know as well as many that the case against her would have been thrown out af any Australian court. Asian justice and policing is a sick joke, they even burnt the evidence before the court case or any DNA was taken. My estimation has just gone down if you are indicative of the Victorian Police Force.

Oldsailor...you really need to get your facts up to date mate.

Corby's team refused to have testing done on the dope. This is widely believed to be because it would have shown the dope was grown in South Australia, linking a known drug supplier to Corby's father

At 25 she was still a beauty student. Most do this at 16 and 17? Sounds as though she was slow, that maybe why she couldn't work out how the dope got into the dope's bag. If she didn't pack it maybe someone in the family put it in!cheesy.gif

Honestly, the girl has done enough time, but the coverage she has got with her family, is a shame; will see a few good books written, I hope not. The Bali goal has to be the best in Asia to get locked up in. What they should have done is transfered her to a few more years in a Aussie goal.clap2.gif

One of the Indonesian Poli's suggested that her Dad was involved in the racket on the TV here in OZ. I am sure his inteligence source would be reliable. But the whole family has some form in this side of business from various media reports here in OZ.

At the end of the day, if not her then someone in the family should have done the time. I just hope the bail conditions restrict this minipulating muppet from earning any money from the trade in misery that her family is involved in.

Good on ya Indonesia.thumbsup.gif

OMG Chris Lawrence, you do know everything don't you. Well maybe it might happen to you one day ( just hoping)

People like you were ready to hang Lindy Chamberlaine and you should all be ashamed of yourselves, Lindy was cleared of charges and freed from jail.

This just gets better and better...comparing the Lindy Chamberlain case to Corby??? clap2.gif