water pooling under air con unit.

P76

I have a split system air con, LG .

There is a considerable amoumt of water pooling under the outdoor unit.

The condensate pipe is connected and drains away from the unit. Is this normal here due to humidity? I haven't used it for a year and dont remember this happening before.

I have 5 aircons from which one is an LG, and none of the outdoor units have a drain pipe, and none have ever had water below the unit.

I actually also can't say i have ever seen an outdoor unit with a drain pipe.

Mine does. Some have a plastic tray for the water to collect in and evaporate via the heat from the unit. Take a look under your car when you park up and see the water on the floor.

I have 5 aircons from which one is an LG, and none of the outdoor units have a drain pipe, and none have ever had water below the unit.

Mine does. Some have a plastic tray for the water to collect in and evaporate via the heat from the unit. Take a look under your car when you park up and see the water on the floor.

Would it be possible that the water below your car comes from the drain connected to the condensing unit inside the car ?

I know that the outdoor unit makes some moist while running, but not comparable to what the indoor condensing unit produces, and i've never seen any water below the outdoor unit or the need to have a drain pipe.

JesseFrank look at a few more a/c units.

All of ours have drains from the outdoor units and they produce plenty of water.

Next time you walk down a row of shophouses look up and see all the little 1/2" pipes dripping water from the outside units onto the street gutters. From street level outside units you might even see the pipes running from the unit to the street gutter.

• Like 1

Would it be possible that the water below your car comes from the drain connected to the condensing unit inside the car ?

I know that the outdoor unit makes some moist while running, but not comparable to what the indoor condensing unit produces, and i've never seen any water below the outdoor unit or the need to have a drain pipe.

Mine does, means it is doing it's job. Your fridge has a water collection tray where water evaporates via heat from the motor.

I have a split system air con, LG .

There is a considerable amoumt of water pooling under the outdoor unit.

The condensate pipe is connected and drains away from the unit. Is this normal here due to humidity? I haven't used it for a year and dont remember this happening before.

No problem with water at the outdoor unit. If it was the indoor unit then the condensate drain may be blocked. The condensate drain usually follows the pipe work from the indoor unit to the outside and discharges beside the outdoor unit. Another reason could be that the unit is slightly undersized and is over working to keep the temperature down. When this happens sometimes the outdoor unit will freeze up and when the ice melts you will notice the water. If you have had the unit for a while and it has worked efficiently in hotter ambient temperatures then this will not be the issue. Most likely the condensate drain operating as it should.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The evaporating unit is inside the car. The condensing unit is most likely under the hood (bonnet) with the fan blowing through it.