THAI assures no shutdown Monday

webfact

THAI assures no shutdown Monday

2-8-2014-11-25-07-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International assured no shutdown of its headquarters Monday and business will run as usual.

Assurance of no shutdown was given by its acting president Chokchai Panyayong amid earlier threat by THAI union of shutdown of THAI headquarter on Vibhavadi road Monday.

Mr Chokchai said all employees of THAI will work, notably all technicians vow to operate as usual and no shut down of offices.

But union president Damrong Waiyakanee said employees will rally at THAI headquarters on Monday to protest the management and also will demand the resignation of Mr Chokchai and THAI board chairman Amphon Kittiamphon on accusation they lack good governance and work at THAI just for their own benefits.

He could not say if the Monday rally would have impact on THAI operations and passenger service.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-assures-shutdown-monday/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-08

"Assurance of no shutdown was given by its acting president Chokchai Panyayong"

So, the guy they want to get rid of, is assuring us that there will be no shutdown.

Hope he is not hallucinating.

A wildcat strike does have ramifications to the collective bargaining agreement. There can be fines. (If you laugh at me on that, I suppose, Iyou would have good reason).

However, the mechanics and pilots got their raises last year and have been fairly well behaved since then. The airline has been looking to "cull" gate agents and cabin crew for some time, but could not because of the collective agreement. I wonder if this would be an opportunity to bring in redundancies? The other legacy airlines have been quite brutal in their approach, furloughing staff whenever the opportunity arose and then hiring new personnel when the need arose, but subject to the lower pay scale and restricted pensions implemented.

• Like 1

"Assurance of no shutdown was given by its acting president Chokchai Panyayong"

So, the guy they want to get rid of, is assuring us that there will be no shutdown.

Hope he is not hallucinating.

In the face of fear and a direct challenge on the integrity of his leadershp, the acting el-presidenti has no choice but to stand up to the plate and eliminate the threat. Although on the otherhand, the risk the union faces for its members, in the end, is wide spread retrenchments and sackings. In other words, once the dust settles, they will most likely clean out the old-wood and disunity amongst the ranks. Thai Airlines is long overdue for reform but they should perhaps start at top the first, starting with Chokchai himself and work their way down.

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

"Acting" president Chokchai.... sure, he is acting all right.... I wish he would stop acting and do his job!

It is scary to know that some might go on strike and not work. Does that include maintenance engineers?! On second thought, I guess that means it will be normal day for TG.

I'd like to offer up some "constructive" criticism for TG to upgrade their airlines. Please let me invite others to add comments, as we are all trying to improve our National Carrier!

1. Improve the food - the food in business class and especially economy is disgusting. It is cold, rubbery, and all taste the same. The wine selections are good, but it's like I'm having a cocktail on my TG flights because I only drink and I can hardly eat the food.

2. Get rid of your air hostesses - they used to remind me of my aunts, now they remind me of my grand mother. Really, is it necessary to have some fat, ugly sourpuss who thinks she is entitled serving me? Get these smug, useless women off the plane and replace them with some gorgeous, polite, English speaking young Thai women. I am tired of trying of asking for water in broken English. This is 2014 not 1976.

3. More new planes - the old ones look like something out of Pirates of the Carribean. Old, dirty, smelly, things broken, toilet looks like it is from Isaan.

4. Nicer ground staff - girls hired at TG have "connections." Therefore the most important criteria - "service mind" is optional. Fire impatient, incompetent staff... there are some good ones, but there are some awful ones who think because they wear the TG uniform, they can act like pigs.

5. Change your purple color and your logo - again, get into the 21st century. Your color and logo look like something out of a 1950s movie.

6. Better frequent flyer program - current one entitles everyone to have privileges. Business class lounges worse than waiting at the gate.

7. Business class lounges - the food, the service, God awful... go look at SQ and Cathay to see how it should be done.

Ditto to all of that, and adding:

1. Price, Price, Price. On premium international routes you have to at least match the alternative full service airline on price and service, and if the service is inferior, which it often is, you need to beat them on price. The answer to 50% loading, is not, as Thai often seems to do, jack UP the price, its be aggressive on pricing to get customers asses on seats

2. Price, Price, Price. On domestic routes, for God sake, whats makes them think they can in many cases charge 2x the Air Asia price on what are often <60 mins flights. No I really really don't need effectively a Bht1000 meal in a box for a 45 mins flight.

3. The aircraft. Get a aircraft mix that actually fits the load factors. They still have on the books the awful A340-500 for something that's probably 2x the going rate for that dog. Who in their corn fed mind, thought it was a good idea to invest in the A380? That was all for prestige, being up there with the big boys, nothing to do with the economics of their business By the way interesting story there. When they actually realized the error of that purchase they tried to cancel, only to discover the cancellation charges they had signed up to were so prohibitive they had to go through with the purchase. Crack negotiators huh? On domestic routes get either more A320's or B737, or the newer fuel efficient variety. No body can convince me that flying ancient A300-600's on a route like BKK-KKC can be cost effective

Well, that's my 2 cents worth. Absolutely nothing will happen to improve Thai while its run by cronies of whatever political flavor of the day (and don't give me a Thaksin rant, Thai's gradual demise predates him) but it makes me feel better

• Like 1

"Acting" president Chokchai.... sure, he is acting all right.... I wish he would stop acting and do his job!

It is scary to know that some might go on strike and not work. Does that include maintenance engineers?! On second thought, I guess that means it will be normal day for TG.

I'd like to offer up some "constructive" criticism for TG to upgrade their airlines. Please let me invite others to add comments, as we are all trying to improve our National Carrier!

1. Improve the food - the food in business class and especially economy is disgusting. It is cold, rubbery, and all taste the same. The wine selections are good, but it's like I'm having a cocktail on my TG flights because I only drink and I can hardly eat the food.

2. Get rid of your air hostesses - they used to remind me of my aunts, now they remind me of my grand mother. Really, is it necessary to have some fat, ugly sourpuss who thinks she is entitled serving me? Get these smug, useless women off the plane and replace them with some gorgeous, polite, English speaking young Thai women. I am tired of trying of asking for water in broken English. This is 2014 not 1976.

3. More new planes - the old ones look like something out of Pirates of the Carribean. Old, dirty, smelly, things broken, toilet looks like it is from Isaan.

4. Nicer ground staff - girls hired at TG have "connections." Therefore the most important criteria - "service mind" is optional. Fire impatient, incompetent staff... there are some good ones, but there are some awful ones who think because they wear the TG uniform, they can act like pigs.

5. Change your purple color and your logo - again, get into the 21st century. Your color and logo look like something out of a 1950s movie.

6. Better frequent flyer program - current one entitles everyone to have privileges. Business class lounges worse than waiting at the gate.

7. Business class lounges - the food, the service, God awful... go look at SQ and Cathay to see how it should be done.

Good post, too bad no one's listening. :(

The 1950's images would be fine if they're the same image I have of the air hostesses back then..

Anybody wanna talk about how hot the Air Asia hostesses are?

Gonna be a big job for one man to do all the ticketing, refueling planes, clean them, fly them and whatever else.

When did anything like this become a problem in Thailand. The customary lack of planning has it all covered. Soon you will be greeted by a crew of tuk-tuk and taxi drivers in the cockpit with English speaking bar girls serving you, "Coffe, tea, or me handsome?"

Gawd. Bet you'd love it if criteria for you being hired to do was your looks. Shall you post your picture here so we can all give unwanted character assessments based on how you look?

Otherwise reasonable post ruined by sexist dickheadedry.

• Like 1

Good post, too bad no one's listening. sad.png

The 1950's images would be fine if they're the same image I have of the air hostesses back then..

Well I know they don't wear knickers with the Thai flag on them. wink.png

• Like 1

Funny..that usually makes the girls better looking and everything else irrelevant. Maybe try getting off the booze and looking at the airline with clearer eyes.

You could try asking for water in English...not broken English (the booze again?). Maybe that is your problem. Never had an issue myself.

I'm sure the air hostesses would agree that would like to be rid of old, smelly whining passengers too and have then replaced with good looking , rich, younger passengers.

I accept when i get on a plane...I am getting on a bus...and it will suck. Everything the people who are employed to make it less of a hassle...I appreciate. I suggest you do the same and stop posting the same complaints in multiple threads. We get the picture.

Edited by Mudcrab
  • Like 2

Why don't you just fly with another carrier instead of moaning on this forum.

Why should they employ pretty girls who speak English ? its a Thai carrier and rightly speak their own language. Pretty so you can grope and make the usual sex tourist comment to them ? go fly some muslim airlne, you want girls go to your usual go go bars and if you want to complain do it to the airline not uninterested expats.

• Like 1

Air Asia hostesses are hot, especially if you like 50% ladyboys

THAI has lost its way like many Thai organizations. Instead of a vision to provide an outstanding customer experience for a reasonable and value based profit that gives shareholders a suitable and stable return on their investment, they have operated it as a catchall for the incompetent bureaucrats from Thai government posts, police and military retirees seeking to get a nice monthly paycheck.

Nice one.

Guess ur a good looking young man.

May we talk later, when u get old in your job.

I do not care so much about good looking air hostesses.

Good service starts on the ground.

If your check - in - lady, gives you a seat like B2 and beside you have a nice lady, which flies to Paris for three days for shopping.

Anyway.

One great problem is also , the accounting and controlling section.

They lose a lot of money by VIP free flights and VIP overweight luggage.

The purchase price and the book value of aircraft are also questionable.

Gawd. Bet you'd love it if criteria for you being hired to do was your looks. Shall you post your picture here so we can all give unwanted character assessments based on how you look?

Otherwise reasonable post ruined by sexist dickheadedry.

Well, I don't think I'd ever get hired by Chippendales, but that doesn't particularly depress or offend me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeJmYtwuggw

Air Asia hostesses are hot, especially if you like 50% ladyboys

and clones from beauty(?) Surgery centers in Seoul...

I just want good service for a good price. Yes I may like a bit of eye candy to look at but I don't mind some eye candy

for the ladies if that is what they like. But for those complaining about TG. never go to Kenya on Kenya Airways.

Horrible airport in Nairobi, terrible service, terrible food, and most of the flight crew are gay men with attitude.

Why don't you just fly with another carrier instead of moaning on this forum.

Why should they employ pretty girls who speak English ? its a Thai carrier and rightly speak their own language. Pretty so you can grope and make the usual sex tourist comment to them ? go fly some muslim airlne, you want girls go to your usual go go bars and if you want to complain do it to the airline not uninterested expats.

TG is an "International" carrier, catering to an international clientele. And, like it or not, pretty girls are good for business, whatever the business.

• Like 1