Chiang Mai organizes halal fair until Feb 9

Lite Beer

Chiang Mai organizes halal fair until Feb 9

CHIANG MAI, 8 February 2014 (NNT) – The Chiang Mai Halal International Fair is being organized in the northern province of Chiang Mai until this Sunday, offering a large selection of halal products both from Thailand and other ASEAN nations.

Taking place at Central Plaza Chiang Mai Airport, the Chiang Mai Halal International Fair was kicked off on February 6 and will run until tomorrow. The event primarily aims to enhance the knowledge base in the production of halal goods and increase the number of SME operators in the halal industry who can meet the international and Islamic standards. Moreover, it is expected to help open more opportunities for local halal producers, create a business network for them and promote their potential to prospective customers from around the globe.

Over 200 booths within the fair are displaying a wide variety of halal products and related services, not only by Thai entrepreneurs but also those from across the ASEAN region. There are also exhibitions by related organizations, business matching activities, halal cooking courses and special lectures.

Each year, Thailand supplies 25 billion US dollars’ worth of food products to the world. Up to 20% of the items, valued at about 4.8 billion dollars, are halal products delivered to consumers in 57 Muslim countries. Thailand is currently the world’s fifth largest halal exporter and has set a target to become number one.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-08 footer_n.gif

I am not pro halal as it descriminates on religious grounds as it can only be prepared by muslims. Even so I must applaud how Thailand has managed to become such a significant world player in this market.

I am not pro halal as it descriminates on religious grounds as it can only be prepared by muslims. Even so I must applaud how Thailand has managed to become such a significant world player in this market.

It is quite staggering that Thailand should be so actively involved in such unspeakable barbarism.

But then are so many other countries. In the UK far more halal meat is produce than is eaten by the Moslem community. The excess is sold (often unlabelled as such) to schools, hospitals and supermarkets.

Personally I find it offensive to be served meat from an animal butchered inhumanely and whose slaughter is dedicated to a pagan moon god - but in the UK (and many other countries) I can't avoid it. It bothers me that virtually all the beef I see for sale in Thailand has been so slaughtered.

• Like 2

Do the readers know here that all the onboard food (except the pork dishes) served by Thai Airways is halal??? I cound not believe but it was mentioned in the editorial of their SAWASDEE magazine some years ago. And the editor seemed proud about.

bah.gif

Flying the gulf airlines is much fairer as you know (and are told on the menues) that they halal the food. Avoid any meats and stick to (vegt.) pasta, vegetables and sea food.

Edited by khrab

Do the readers know here that all the onboard food (except the pork dishes) served by Thai Airways is halal??? I cound not believe but it was mentioned in the editorial of their SAWASDEE magazine some years ago. And the editor seemed proud about.

bah.gif

Flying the gulf airlines is much fairer as you know (and are told on the menues) that they halal the food. Avoid any meats and stick to (vegt.) pasta, vegetables and sea food.

Why?

Wow look at you guys having a whinge at halal food. Just because they slit its throat the old fashioned way.. I can post countless videos of farms in europe beating animals to death.

Cramming chickens in to small boxes and cages. Unless you've actually slaughtered your own meat, then your just being a hypocrite.

I bet your happy to eat your sunday eggs from caged chickens but have a cry over halal food.

I think you might have Isalamicphobia beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

(Edit: The only country in the world with the highest standards for animals is Australia.)

Really. You have to kill to eat meat. Halal It's just killing the old fashion way. What is the new fashion way that is so humane and so moral?

Sayonrax I don't think they are Islamicphobes.

They are worse.

They are vegans.

Edited by DeeMockMark
  • Like 1

Who here slaughters their own meat?

If no one then I supposed the majority here only has a 'he say, she said' or from the infamous videos on the net.

Either way, if you take eggs wouldn't that be more inhumane?

Bugger isn't even born yet?

A notch higher would be balut?

(A Philippino staple)

Btw I like mine sunny side up pleeeeAse!

somtam palah

Edited by desmondspencer