Pheu Thai smells a 'trap' in EC bid for new decree

Lite Beer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when the time gonna come that PT doesn't smell traps anymore, but realizes that the MAJORITY actually wants them out of this country.

Probably about the time when you understand the difference between majority and minority.

Well I try to comprehend, but I'm sure you can help me out with it.

From the latest election results announced by PT themselves, and we all know they are born professional liars, less than half of the 47% of the eligible voters voted for PT.

Would that be a majority or a minority ?

• Like 2

Yet again, a classic example of paranoia from someone with it's back firmly up against the wall.

This government declared the elections themselves back in December and have basically fought the EC every step of the way. They have gone against every opinion the EC ever had even when the EC were trying to be reasonable.

Even when it went to the constitutional court for opinion to defer the elections, and were told they could do it as long as it was agreed between the EC and the government. So obviously the EC wanted it deferred, and then the gov refused. Another waste of time.

It is now clear that the government does not want the elections to complete. It has been an almighty embarrassment to them with their scrawny 8 million votes and thinly diluted mandate, with a continuation of elections just watering that mandate down further and no parliament able to convene.

They are better off as a caretaker government because they have a built in excuse not to have the power to give the farmers their money.

This has to be about the worst and most corrupt government I have ever known of in modern political times.

They should be all put under house arrest, have all their assets frozen and their passports taken away. If found guilty of what we all know to be true, then 20 year prison sentences will all assets seized and all family members to have their assets frozen and investigated also.

Time for a big clean up...... PRIOR TO REFORMS.

it pays to be paranoia here

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said that the Cabinet no longer has the power to issue such a decree, as it is now in a caretaker role following the dissolution of the House of Representatives in December.

"This is the duty of the EC. Their attempt to pass the duty to the government may have some political implication. This could be a trap. The government's political rivals may sue the prime minister," the spokesman said.

Another statement from another PTP convicted criminal, surely they could trot out someone who isn't convicted, or under investigation of crimes.........come to think of it, maybe not.

Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong Nopparit said that the Cabinet no longer has the power to issue such a decree, as it is now in a caretaker role following the dissolution of the House of Representatives in December.

"This is the duty of the EC. Their attempt to pass the duty to the government may have some political implication. This could be a trap. The government's political rivals may sue the prime minister," the spokesman said.

Another statement from another PTP convicted criminal, surely they could trot out someone who isn't convicted, or under investigation of crimes.........come to think of it, maybe not.

Not enough... assuming they have them.

Try googling Thai parliamentary system for a starters

No need to change the subject, is less than 50% of 47% of eligible voters a majority or a minority ?

and 300 seats of 500 is what ? whistling.gif

So if only 3 voters in the whole of Thailand would show up to vote, because the other 40 million something want PT out, and 2 of them vote for PT you still consider they have a majority.

Allow me to offer you a nice present . From me to you :

12efd30280bea29195fce26a27f36291.image.1

• Like 1

No need to change the subject, is less than 50% of 47% of eligible voters a majority or a minority ?

So if only 3 voters in the whole of Thailand would show up to vote, because the other 40 million something want PT out, and 2 of them vote for PT you still consider they have a majority.

Notice he can't bring himself to answer you and finally says "Put the yellow glue down" still without answering you. You gotta love em heay!! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

"Trap" ... There is another word that rhymes it "Trap", and it suggests a social disease that starts with "C"; which is obtained by screwing other people with no thought of the consequences. The latter is what this smells of: a claptrap.

Edited by Local Drunk

Stop trying to make your own rules for democracy. It seems like you have never experienced a real election before.

A lot of elections in the West have participation rates of the same size as the one in the recent Thai election - 47%. And these elections were totally uninterrupted by hooligans and no one boycotted them. They were not deemed invalid due to having a participation rate less than 50%. Stop pretending you know anything about democracy when it is so glaringly obvious you are ignorant.

• Like 1

With a dark cloud hanging over Yingluck....and PTP it would be good if the power to run the country was given (for a year) to the one person most Thai's would trust, the one person who can pull the country out of this mess and get the system working again. The country needs time to let the dust settle.

the EC are as rotten as you can get. EC should be working on behalf of the people, not Suthep.

When all the dust settles, open a public investigation into the behavior of the EC and bring these sneaky rats to account.

I'm sure The Boss has already sent a message to Tart to that effect.

I see your spellchecker has a Freudian sense of humour.

Tarit. Anything you want him to be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Stop trying to make your own rules for democracy. It seems like you have never experienced a real election before.

A lot of elections in the West have participation rates of the same size as the one in the recent Thai election - 47%. And these elections were totally uninterrupted by hooligans and no one boycotted them. They were not deemed invalid due to having a participation rate less than 50%. Stop pretending you know anything about democracy when it is so glaringly obvious you are ignorant.

First of all we are not in the west, where voting is often complementary, while in Thailand it is compulsory.

Second the question was about if PT had a majority in the latest election or a minority.

Third, the thing I'm not ignorant of is that Thaksin has been looting the state coffers for the past two and a half year ( actually much longer ), and that this is getting obvious to many people now, and they all want them out.

Time for a big clean up......

And you know, that is the one thing that's not going to happen. Not now, not tomorrow, not in the next few years.

Perhaps it's not bad, this clean-up not happening. Your idea of clean might not be my idea of clean.

It's a process. It's all part of growing up. You can't force change. Change needs to come from within. Only when enough people really want change can a certain change momentum arise.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

What an absolute crock.

My idea of a clean up is the same idea that the majority of the people want, it is just YOU that doesn't want it.

Stop being a pessimist, when others are trying to be optimists... It is thinkers like you that are responsible for holding back progress everywhere.

This is change that benefits 90% of the population, you don't need to FORCE it onto them. What do you think we are talking about here?... a new religion????

The only people who will be having change forced on them are the corrupt people bleeding everything they can out of Thailand.

Geez, some people on this forum mare totally out of touch.

Calm down. You are the one out of touch. Your "change" is only change that will yet again benefit an entrenched Bangkok elite and certainly not the people. Why you feel so strongly about this is is a good question - especially if you are a farang. Now stop being a hypocrite - stop pretending you are the voice of the people. You are the voice of a tiny minority who cannot accept the basic rules of democracy. If you are a farang then whatever country you come from should be ashamed of what a poor schooling in basic citizenship and civil rights you have had - if you come some oligarchic banana republic then I guess you just dont know any better.

If you are a farang then it is 90% certain that your good status in life is due to how whatever western country you come from has developed democracy over the last centuries. praise yourself lucky for your good fortune and stop forcing the Thai people to endure the yoke of aristocracy and oligarchy which you yourself have mercifully avoided. Stop being a disgraceful farang.

democracy like pushing through a bill at 3.a.m. without allowing a proper debate..i get your idea of democracy your version obviously...piss poor effort to on your behalf to ridicule a valid post....jog on dreamer w00t.gif

the EC are as rotten as you can get. EC should be working on behalf of the people, not Suthep.

When all the dust settles, open a public investigation into the behavior of the EC and bring these sneaky rats to account.

While they're at it they can investigate the World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, academics, global economists, IMF, the courts and all the other independent organizations and people that didn't agree with the PTP yet offered advice and constructive criticism. It is pertinent to note that if the PTP had listened to the world bank and the IMF they would not have the current issues with the rice farmers. But according to the PTP there are no issues with the rice farmers anyway because they have stated the rice farmers are not real rice farmers. They are pretend ones the PDRC have brought in! cheesy.gif Gotto love the simple minded folk that swallow that stuff heay. Next they will say "the EC are as rotten as you can get. EC should be working on behalf of the people, not Suthep."

It is a global conspiracy. The world against the PTP. Lets get em all heay?thumbsup.gif

• Like 1