Arrest in Kwanchai shooting

Lite Beer

Quit complaining. At least the police caught somebody so that's an improvement on their performance in the war on the dugs when there were over 2500 murders and they didn't get catch anyone.

I'm so interested to here you flesh out your drug killings nonsense.

Espescially the statistics bit. I've read virtually everything on it, inc. the outside analysis of the figures.

Go on. You and your buddies quote this on every thread. Post me your facts and statistics and I'll show you the real ones, and also show you and your buddies that you know squat and are regurgitating garbage you have heard from a friend of a friend in a bar....

Lets have your full version then please. We seen at least 3 people trot this out this morning on here (all with different stats as well I note)

Meanwhile OT (which the war on drugs isn't)

The police will know full well now who ordered this and they'll be making politial capital out of it or looking to extract money.

Well done the Police again They have caught quite a few this week. Once they stray from the Asoke Pen, the sheep are subject to the laws of the land again!!

Such as they are

How old are you having a hissy because someone mentions the Police killed 2500 people, which the whole world knows about. I suppose its those pesky Mooslims who also have committed all the Murders in the South. As you frequent Bars,and know the low down, please inform me where I,m wrong as I dont drink.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With this apparent confirmation of military involvement goes the last shred of hope for international support for any new govt other than YL

I suspect this is a few thugs making money on the side. Seriously doubt it was sanctioned by anyone with authority.

With this apparent confirmation of military involvement goes the last shred of hope for international support for any new govt other than YL

I suspect this is a few thugs making money on the side. Seriously doubt it was sanctioned by anyone with authority.

certainly the lesser of 2 evils...

certainly the lesser of 2 evils...

Yep.

That boy was a long way from home,lock him up and go get his paymaster smile.png

Oh so true, find those who arranged this attack. Following let the public know clear and consistent details.

Just don't wait too long expecting The Nation to provide them.

Quit complaining. At least the police caught somebody so that's an improvement on their performance in the war on the dugs when there were over 2500 murders and they didn't get catch anyone.

Espescially the statistics bit. I've read virtually everything on it, inc. the outside analysis of the figures.

Go on. You and your buddies quote this on every thread. Post me your facts and statistics and I'll show you the real ones, and also show you and your buddies that you know squat and are regurgitating garbage you have heard from a friend of a friend in a bar....

Lets have your full version then please. We seen at least 3 people trot this out this morning on here (all with different stats as well I note)

The police will know full well now who ordered this and they'll be making politial capital out of it or looking to extract money.

Well done the Police again They have caught quite a few this week. Once they stray from the Asoke Pen, the sheep are subject to the laws of the land again!!

Such as they are

How old are you having a hissy because someone mentions the Police killed 2500 people, which the whole world knows about. I suppose its those pesky Mooslims who also have committed all the Murders in the South. As you frequent Bars,and know the low down, please inform me where I,m wrong as I dont drink.

Unfortunately the figures quoted by you and "known by the whole world" are wrong.

http://assassinationthaksin.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/thaksins-war-on-drugs/

Such as they are

Unfortunately the figures quoted by you and "known by the whole world" are wrong.

Again this? You're wrong.

Well if what you say is true, then Thailand is totally F&%^ed..

May as well beg Cambodia to invade and colonize the place, it would probably have a better future than to stay under Thaksin rule.

But then again...... Who gives a shit about what the international community thinks? You think Thais are bothered about the opinion of everyone that is 'non Thai'??????

Lol..... you really don't know Thais.

Edited by mightyatom
  • Like 1

No, he's not. I had a longer post on this deleted for being OT, but as we're back on it, for good read on the WOD, including details of the figures, have a look at this: http://sovereignmyth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/war-on-drugs.html (by academic Michael Connors, not someone known as being sympathetic to Thaksin... I share his views). If you read the details, you'll see that the figure often used, logically, must be wrong.

That the figure of 2500 is wrong shouldn't diminish the atrocity that took place. Though there were no direct 'kill' order given, what happened almost amounted to that, as anyone placed on a blacklist was classed as an outlaw who could be killed with no legal process involved. That shouldn't be allowed to happen in any society.

• Like 1

No, he's not. I had a longer post on this deleted for being OT, but as we're back on it, for good read on the WOD, including details of the figures, have a look at this: http://sovereignmyth.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/war-on-drugs.html (by academic Michael Connors, not someone known as being sympathetic to Thaksin... I share his views). If you read the details, you'll see that the figure often used, logically, must be wrong.

That the figure of 2500 is wrong shouldn't diminish the atrocity that took place. Though there were no direct 'kill' order given, what happened almost amounted to that, as anyone placed on a blacklist was classed as an outlaw who could be killed with no legal process involved. That shouldn't be allowed to happen in any society.

I did read your previous post on this subject. It was rational and well presented.

I have read other reports that back up the numbers generally quoted.

I really don't care how many there were. One is too many.

• Like 1

I did read your previous post on this subject. It was rational and well presented.

Agree that one is too many. I'd like to see other reports that back up the 2500 figure though. It does appear that the figure is erroneous due to incorrectly taking the figure of total murders for that period and ascribing them all to the WOD: http://asiancorrespondent.com/20405/2275-where-did-this-number-come-from/

I don't want to go on about the numbers. I've argued about this with red shirt friends who try to diminish Thaksin's responsibility for it, I do think it's the worst human rights crime in Thailand since the 70s and that despite the involvement of many others, Thaksin as PM should be held ultimately responsible (well, he did take credit for "victory"). It's just I think it's important to get the facts right and the evidence I've seen points to the 2500 figure being wrong. Anyway, you've read the piece and if you've seen other credible evidence which suggests otherwise, that's fair enough imo.

Police now formally asked Army to hand over 4 soldiers that go as high as Warrant Officer level!!

Col Winthai Suvaree said the four suspects are assigned to work at the 9th Infantry Division in Kanchanaburi, also known as the Surasee Task Force.

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52f8aa35be0470321f8b4599#.Uvi2w_mSzCa

Not sure what happened to the other 2, but they seem to be saying the guy with the gun who they caught was included in the 6, Interesting development in any case

Are we sure these are the highest ranked Officers that are involved!!! Or are these just the ones tasked with the hit.

More pressure on the army to pile on top of everything else, inc. a slew of bombs and killings in the South. An area they have control over and can get nothing right.

More reason for them to ditch Suthep!

Edited by pipkins

Amazing! A couple of posters on this thread are certainly blessed with vivid imaginations- gentlemen, in Thailand, as around the world there are rogue soldiers, policemen, politicians, doctors, clergy, etc,

If some soldiers are involved it doesn't mean the army or Suthep are behind them.

Who employed them for this amateurish murder attempt is the question we need to know.

• Like 1

So I'm not wrong then? We've gone from I'm wrong to you not caring how many there were, one being too many. You can't have it both ways. I won't be expecting an apology.

@Fab4

You

So I'm not wrong then? We've gone from I'm wrong to you not caring how many there were, one being too many. You can't have it both ways. I won't be expecting an apology.

Me.

Yes i do believe one death or 2,500 is too many.

i believe the independent human rights reports that quote the 2,500 number of killings are accurate. I don't trust yours.

Ok.

Edited by Bluespunk

AleG'

Wrong! I saw nothing on that thread that tied another shooting into the police beating incident, But if you have the official police report or a factual finding posted in one of the English language daily newspapers, post your source.

All I remember of that thread was that a bystanders account of what happened, was that a group of PDRC supporters surrounded the man that turned out to be a police officer, and demanded to inspect his backpack and he refused, and he was attacked during the attack a shot was fired. The police release I read stated the shooting in the incident was a act of self defense, as the video documented he was under attack when the shot was fired,

I also read the PDRC supporters allegations of a shooting prior to the attack but as far as I know no other shooting was tied to the police beating incident.

If anyone has the official police release or an Nation or BP article about the relevant findings in the Police beating incident and any information that led to it ,please post those sources!

I have seen to many yellows that have misrepresented the truth, I need to see the documentation!!

Cheers

By now it's pretty clear that you are in no position to talk about other people misrepresenting the truth.

I asked you to show me where by way of the official police report or a Newspaper account of the final results of the investigation, obviously you were unable to, as I never receive an indication so I can verify your post. I do not take yellow accounts seriously as I have seen yellows constantly lie and misrepresent the truth.

Since you were unable to give me am {OFFICIAL} source, I looked up my own and only found aThai PBS account of a visit by Pol General Adul Saengsinkaew, visited the policeman in the hospital and gave him an undisclosed amount of money from the Welfare fund for injured policeman, who was beaten by PDRC supporters that attacked the officer and he shot one of them in self defense!

As the video I watched the man that was shot was in the process of attacking the officer and was the only person shot! The article clearly states He shot and wounded one PDRC supporter, in self defense! As you should notice it was 2 days after the shooting that happened on 1-29-2014.

If you can not disprove that account, then your account was the one that IS no factual (you stated he shot two people, one prior to the attack and one during the attack) and you are the person who misrepresented the Facts as the exist! Not me!.

Cheers

By now it's pretty clear that you are in no position to talk about other people misrepresenting the truth.

I asked you to show me where by way of the official police report or a Newspaper account of the final results of the investigation, obviously you were unable to, as I never receive an indication so I can verify your post. I do not take yellow accounts seriously as I have seen yellows constantly lie and misrepresent the truth.

Since you were unable to give me am {OFFICIAL} source, I looked up my own and only found aThai PBS account of a visit by Pol General Adul Saengsinkaew, visited the policeman in the hospital and gave him an undisclosed amount of money from the Welfare fund for injured policeman, who was beaten by PDRC supporters that attacked the officer and he shot one of them in self defense!

As the video I watched the man that was shot was in the process of attacking the officer and was the only person shot! The article clearly states He shot and wounded one PDRC supporter, in self defense! As you should notice it was 2 days after the shooting that happened on 1-29-2014.

If you can not disprove that account, then your account was the one that IS no factual (you stated he shot two people, one prior to the attack and one during the attack) and you are the person who misrepresented the Facts as the exist! Not me!.

Cheers

I gave you a quote and a link to the news, can't you read?

Once more, since you seem to have problems:

PDRC man was shot in the abdomen while the alleged gunman was apprehended by a group of protesters, and seized several items as evidence from him.

However, Sutthisan police chief Pol Col Samroeng Suanthong and his investigators rushed to collect evidence at the crime scene and said police had not determined whether the alleged gunman was a police officer in disguise.

The gunman had to be taken to Rajavithi Hospital after being attacked by angry protesters, while injured protester, Putthichai Wipa, 32, was admitted to an intensive care unit at Ramathibodi Hospital for surgery.

Later Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, held a press conference and said the injured man beaten by protesters was identified as Pol Snr Sgt Maj Kongpetch Petchkanha, a police investigator from Metropolitan Police Division 2, who had been assigned to take photos of the protest.

Ramathibodi Hospital director Surasak Leelaudomlipi said Mr Putthichai had been shot in the middle of his abdomen and the bullet exited via his back.

Got it? do I have to post it a third time?

Yes, it's very odd why the police are so diligent when red shirts are victims. With all the acts of violence - some deadly - against the protestors, no culprits. That includes the protest leader shot dead by a red shirt mob on Bangna and Ko Tee's attack on the protestors on Chang Wattana and his group's probable involvement in the Laksi shootings.

BTW omitted from the Bangkok Post reference by the propaganda peddlers is that a PT party election candidate believed that the attack was over a business conflict. Always selectively printing the 'truth'.

On the other subject mentioned in this thread, there were 2 serious cases from Thaksin's war on drugs. The cases were a child shot dead by the police in Bangkok in an alleged drug-dealer's getaway. I don't know the result of this case - probably dropped by BIB mates.

The second case was in Kalasin where a number of BIB were convicted of murdering a youth and sentenced to death by a court of first instance. Unbelievably they were given bail. Unfinished business with this case.

The vast majority of victim's relatives were far to scared to take any action against extra-judicial killings. It's not hard to understand why ordinary people don't take on the BIB when they can't even resolve cases of killings of their own by a high-profile politician's son and by a Ferrari-driving rich businessman.

Ok lets stop the "Thai Police only arrest yellows" bleating in its tracks

They already arrested quite a few redshirts.

They also got the student murderers from Ramkhang heand which proved there was no third hand and no men in black.

They got the gang who bombed abhisits house. They got some of Koh Tee's gang, including one with a RPG.

Give it a rest, the Police have been trying to prevent attacks on the fascists to prevent the army coming in on the pretext of restoring order.

Why not check some facts before you waste time rambling on about things you know nothing about. <deleted> it was even on Bluesky.... I imagine smile.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/699568-pathum-police-arrest-rpg-wielding-militant/

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Four-arrested-for-allegedly-involving-in-attack-at-30224334.html

Oh, did they? The very first thing the police did when they caught the group armed with grenades was to state that they were not connected to the bombing on Abhisit's house.

Nothing else has been said about that group since then and no other group has been named as responsible for that bombing (or any other) since then. I mean, besides Chalerm claiming the bombings are self inflicted.

The man with the RPG was not connected to any group by the police, and again there hasn't been any new information on that case AFAIK.

Don't lecture other people about "facts", you seem to have a very thin grasp on what constitutes a fact and continually post false information.

By now it should be pretty clear that you are in no position to lecture others about your concept of facts, or of others misrepresenting the truth or post information that can be proven false!

Cheers

Cheers

I gave you a quote and a link to the news, can't you read?

Once more, since you seem to have problems:

PDRC man was shot in the abdomen while the alleged gunman was apprehended by a group of protesters, and seized several items as evidence from him.

However, Sutthisan police chief Pol Col Samroeng Suanthong and his investigators rushed to collect evidence at the crime scene and said police had not determined whether the alleged gunman was a police officer in disguise.

The gunman had to be taken to Rajavithi Hospital after being attacked by angry protesters, while injured protester, Putthichai Wipa, 32, was admitted to an intensive care unit at Ramathibodi Hospital for surgery.

Later Pol Maj Gen Adul Narongsak, deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, held a press conference and said the injured man beaten by protesters was identified as Pol Snr Sgt Maj Kongpetch Petchkanha, a police investigator from Metropolitan Police Division 2, who had been assigned to take photos of the protest.

Ramathibodi Hospital director Surasak Leelaudomlipi said Mr Putthichai had been shot in the middle of his abdomen and the bullet exited via his back.

Got it? do I have to post it a third time?

The release I posted dated 1-31-2014, happened two days after your article which happened on 1-29-14, The story I originally posted was in response to your post that two PDRC protesters were shot, the video I watched the man that was shot came out of the bunch that were attacking the police officer, the article affirmed that same account, the PDRC man was shot in self defense during the attack

The police Pol General stated 2 days after the shooting and beating, that only one person was shot in Self defense during the attack, ( you stated he shot a person in the abdomen) and he was chased because of the first shooting and attacked, and he shot one person during the attack. Your statement of 2 people being shot is not factual (period), I was under the impression that the person shot during the attack was shot in the leg or the foot. in that your account had 2 or 3 different accounts of the incident by different eye witnesses

You can post that as many times as you want, it is not, what you posted to of two people being shot, Understand!

Edited by kikoman

I assume you are simply trolling, aren't you?

I don't think he's trolling.

Here's a summary of what seems to have happened:

1. A policeman is assigned to monitor or photograph a group of Suthep's insurrectionists.

2. Suthep's insurrectionists detect this policeman and attack him.

3. The policemen reacts in self-defence with his gun and wounds one (or more?) of Suthep's insurrectionists.

P.S. I might have misunderstood as there have been several news reports of the incident.

• Like 1

Such as they are

Well if you are as well informed as you say you are then why not share your inside knowledge with the rest of us...... unless it's a secret of course.

So thats a "none of us know" smile.png Well done guys!!!

Pipkins, you should be a politician! It's an accepted fact within most circles in Thailand and worldwide that there were in the region of 2500 murders during the war on drugs but who was responsible for this mass killing spree is open to speculation as explanations vary from the police being given 'quotas' to fulfill to the drug dealers turning on each other in mutually assured destruction. And I guess we shall never know as police investigations (or probes if you prefer) into the murders weren't able to find anyone guilty of anything.

No-one can prove who was killed by whom or how many or whether it was murder or whether that was more than the normal rate of killings. Some sources suggest it was mainly "dealer on dealer" violence. For sure, Abhisit's investigation couldn't pin the blame on Thaksin (though you can be sure Abhisit tried very hard, given that he is such a hopeless waste-of-space as a politician, so he can only deal in irrelevancies!)

By the way (1) the King endorsed Thaksin's approach in the war on drugs.

By the way (2) there was a lot more to Thaksin's 'war on drugs' than is commonly mentioned: there was a whole rehabilitation programme too.

Finally, does anyone really care if some hundreds (or even thousands) of drug dealers got killed by their customers, dealers or anyone else? Try going into villages in rural Thailand and getting them interested in "the rights of drug dealers". They'll laugh in your face!

Who cares if drug dealers were killed? Why are you even raising this? Thais don't care. I don't care. The human rights people say they care, but no-one locally cares. This is a dead (sorry for the bad taste) issue.

Least we managed to get one of them to speak out their non knowledge of the stats.

Indeed the death totals for the period covered ALL deaths of every kind during this period. This was done by thaksins haters to bump up the death toll massively.

therefore, using these stats, if you are to claim that 2,000 2,500 or even 6,000,000 people were killed in the drugs war period, you would have to assume that NOBODY whatsoever, died of any other cause whatsoever for the entire period.

I lived here through that time, and belive me, there was a massive downturn in the amounts of drugs available on the streets. was all some expats could bleat about in the bars back then. No naked girls, bars shut earlier and now no drugs. Thaksin really took the hit from the expats over that.

I don't know why they rant on about it on every thread, and then get the nuts and bolts of the detail so drastically wrong.

never mind, give them something to re-gurgitate in the bar to impress their other badly informed mates.

Edited by pipkins

I personally witnessed one of the killings during the war on drugs. And I can assure you it was a

straight out execution done by a policeman..... Back to topic. The fact these "assassins" were

from the army.and botched the attempt so badly, means the army is full of clowns.

A lot of us already suspected that, but now there seems to be concrete proof. I can

only hope that Cambodia is not following this story, and getting ready to invade

Thailand......

Such as they are

Well if you are as well informed as you say you are then why not share your inside knowledge with the rest of us...... unless it's a secret of course.

So thats a "none of us know" smile.png Well done guys!!!

Pipkins, you should be a politician! It's an accepted fact within most circles in Thailand and worldwide that there were in the region of 2500 murders during the war on drugs but who was responsible for this mass killing spree is open to speculation as explanations vary from the police being given 'quotas' to fulfill to the drug dealers turning on each other in mutually assured destruction. And I guess we shall never know as police investigations (or probes if you prefer) into the murders weren't able to find anyone guilty of anything.

No-one can prove who was killed by whom or how many or whether it was murder or whether that was more than the normal rate of killings. Some sources suggest it was mainly "dealer on dealer" violence. For sure, Abhisit's investigation couldn't pin the blame on Thaksin (though you can be sure Abhisit tried very hard, given that he is such a hopeless waste-of-space as a politician, so he can only deal in irrelevancies!)

By the way (1) the King endorsed Thaksin's approach in the war on drugs.

By the way (2) there was a lot more to Thaksin's 'war on drugs' than is commonly mentioned: there was a whole rehabilitation programme too.

Finally, does anyone really care if some hundreds (or even thousands) of drug dealers got killed by their customers, dealers or anyone else? Try going into villages in rural Thailand and getting them interested in "the rights of drug dealers". They'll laugh in your face!

Who cares if drug dealers were killed? Why are you even raising this? Thais don't care. I don't care. The human rights people say they care, but no-one locally cares. This is a dead (sorry for the bad taste) issue.

Who cares if the rule of law is abandoned and the police go on a killing spree? I do to be honest with you. I have no love for drug dealers or their product. They destroy whole families and communities. However I would rather that the rule of law applied against them.

There were many innocent people murdered during this period of extra judicial killings, many of those who did have a connection with drugs were users and as much a victim as anything else.

Thaksin wanted a quick easy solution to the drugs trade and it failed. The availability of drugs is as easy as ever it was.

To defeat the drugs trade requires a lot more than just executing people. How many of those who really control the trade were targeted during this bloody episode? That takes a lot of hard work, money and a willingness to tackle all the issues that lead people turn to drugs.

Edited by Bluespunk

You got caught in a misrepresenting of the facts, period! now its you cue to go into the "saving face" attack mode, there is no honorable way out for you for, take what ever road you want,

Cheers

I don't think he's trolling.

Here's a summary of what seems to have happened:

1. A policeman is assigned to monitor or photograph a group of Suthep's insurrectionists.

2. Suthep's insurrectionists detect this policeman and attack him.

3. The policemen reacts in self-defence with his gun and wounds one (or more?) of Suthep's insurrectionists.

P.S. I might have misunderstood as there have been several news reports of the incident.

No tilac2, here's the summary.

1. Riche Teacher asserts that the police that was beaten had done nothing prior to the beating.

2. I pointed out that far from not having done anything he had shot two people, one in the abdomen and one in the leg.

3. Kikoman says that I'm making things up and show the proof that another man was shot in the abdomen by the policeman.

4. I quote and link to a news article identifying the man shot by name and quoting the director of the hospital were he was taken on the nature of the injuries.

5. Kikoman has a meltdown due to being unable to admit to had been wrong.

6. You make a biased summary of events ("Suthep's insurrectionists" x2 rolleyes.gif) which again omits pertinent details.

Glad to be of service.