Biomass plant in Roi Et creating 'clean power'

webfact

I'm pretty sure I use this stuff in my BBQ.

The heat is so even that with a little practice you can actually bake in this heat.

Seeing that Valentine's Day (the gringo calendar's holiest day of the year) falls on a major Buddha day, we're making brownies on the BBQ.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit."

Brilliant news for once. Lets hope it can burn rice stubble and keep the air a bit cleaner in CM.

Roi Et being 800 km from Chiang Mai kind of hard on helping that area.

Read the article again, crazy buffalo. They plan to build another plant in CM.

OOP's . Your partially correct the word they use is interest not build. facepalm.gif

This plant can help clean the air if the particulate and NOx are reduced. Hopefully these are mitigated in the burner design.

As for "clean" energy, it's still burning carbon and it takes carbon fuels to bring the biomass to the plant.

100 MW needed in the north, this plant can produce 0.5 MW, expandable to 1 MW. Only need 100 more plants like it.

One also wonders what the subsidy is used to "enhance" the revenue, and when it runs out.

If I read that right, it is a waste/junk burning facility which is re-branded to "Biomass-plant".

If I read it right, it is not producing bio gas and burning it. No word of fermentation and it shows wood which is difficult to ferment but easy to burn.

Lets hope I am wrong.

I really hope this works and good on them if it does but I cannot help wondering if this is efficient , clean and cost effective why isn't it in place all over the world . Like the technology is not new . I hope it is not just another scam to syphon money out of the governments pockets , I guess we will know the answer in two or three years .

If I read that right, it is a waste/junk burning facility which is re-branded to "Biomass-plant".

If I read it right, it is not producing bio gas and burning it. No word of fermentation and it shows wood which is difficult to ferment but easy to burn.

Lets hope I am wrong.

There is no hope, if the picture is the right one. It look like the bunker from a chipboard plant...coffee1.gif

Brilliant news for once. Lets hope it can burn rice stubble and keep the air a bit cleaner in CM.

Roi Et being 800 km from Chiang Mai kind of hard on helping that area.

I thought they might build another one in CM, or would that be too smart?

I really hope this works and good on them if it does but I cannot help wondering if this is efficient , clean and cost effective why isn't it in place all over the world . Like the technology is not new . I hope it is not just another scam to syphon money out of the governments pockets , I guess we will know the answer in two or three years .

It IS in place all over the World. you just need a local supply of suitable "fuel", such as rice husks?

This site may be of interest:

http://www.bioenergyconsult.com/biomass-thailand/

Edited by davehowden

It IS in place all over the World. you just need a local supply of suitable "fuel", such as rice husks?

This site may be of interest:

http://www.bioenergyconsult.com/biomass-thailand/

Thank you for the post , interesting article which just leaves one question unanswered , is it cost effective and can produce electricity for the same price as other more traditional methods ?

Lets hope I am wrong.

There is no hope, if the picture is the right one. It look like the bunker from a chipboard plant...coffee1.gif

Maybe cheaper to rename the next coal power plant to Biomass plant.... Coal is actually just some old biomass...

• Like 1

h90, on 10 Feb 2014 - 10:08, said:

Lets hope I am wrong.

I agree, all I see is a pile of woodchips. Bearing mind, the term biomass can mean burning the wood or converting it to biofuel, it's a pity the article did not provide details...

h90, on 10 Feb 2014 - 15:59, said:
spirit47, on 10 Feb 2014 - 12:11, said:

Lets hope I am wrong.

Maybe cheaper to rename the next coal power plant to Biomass plant.... Coal is actually just some old biomass...

I think they use biomass deliberately to confuse the less intelligent.. wow biomass.. must be good, however it could simple mean burning wood to produce whatever.

Lets hope I am wrong.

I agree, all I see is a pile of woodchips. Bearing mind, the term biomass can mean burning the wood or converting it to biofuel, it's a pity the article did not provide details...

My knowledge is a bit outdated but wood-->sugar-->alcohol never worked well, a lot problems with that.

And if it would work, you wouldn't use the alcohol for producing electric you would use it as gasohol.