Two Students arrested following British Necklace snatch in South Pattaya

webfact

Two Students arrested following British Necklace snatch in South Pattaya

necklace-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two local students aged 15 and 16 were arrested on Saturday Afternoon following a necklace snatch from a British Man on the Sukhumvit Road where it intersects with the South Pattaya Road.

The British man, aged in his late fifties, had stopped at traffic lights, when a bike pulled up beside him and the passenger leant over and snatched his Gold Necklace worth around 20,000 Baht.

The two assailants were seen to drive off in the direction of East Pattaya where local Police spotted two men fitting the description of the two suspects. A high speed chase ensued which was brought to an abrupt end when the suspects bike hit an oncoming pick-up truck. Despite sustaining injuries, the two suspects attempted to escape on-foot but were soon apprehended by Police.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/117893/two-students-arrested-following-british-necklace-snatch-in-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-10

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am not blaming the victim, but why walk around with a THB 20,000 necklace?

The way I read it he was sroped on his own bike too. Anyway, it's his constitutional right to be dumb, many will post, and it's the constitutional right of peerps to try to steal it.

Funny how they got the one of them posing with the necklace. Funny the Thai police...they can easily apprehend a couple teenage kids for petty theft but can't arrest insurrectionist like Suthep for doing untold billions of baht in damage to the Thai economy.

You suggest they let those necklace snatchers run ?

No, I am not blaming the victim, but why walk around with a THB 20,000 necklace?

I do, why would you not be able to carry 1 bath gold?

Ah well, I grew up in Kenya where walking around with a necklace like that will get you killed.

• Like 2

The way I read it he was sroped on his own bike too. Anyway, it's his constitutional right to be dumb, many will post, and it's the constitutional right of peerps to try to steal it.

Funny how they got the one of them posing with the necklace. Funny the Thai police...they can easily apprehend a couple teenage kids for petty theft but can't arrest insurrectionist like Suthep for doing untold billions of baht in damage to the Thai economy.

....couldn't resist it could you...what the hell does this have to do with the anti-government protests...!?!

and BTW, it is no-one's constitutional right under the laws of any country in the world to steal anything...!!

I thought the police comparison was obvious and looks like someone can't take some humor so early in the morning. A little cranky are we...didn't get any last nite?

• Like 1

The obvious inference is the police should do their jobs in BOTH cases! How dense are you people? Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 2

"...and it's the constitutional right of peerps to try to steal it."

Perhaps you're being sarcastic but if not we know who the "dumb" one is.

I don't understand why you are trying to trivialise the offence committed by the two boys, stealing anything worth 20,000 baht is not petty.

Are the Pattaya police responsible for monitoring and arresting Suthep?

The obvious inference is the police should do their jobs in BOTH cases! How dense are you people?

The inference is only "obvious" to someone more dense than the rest of us here.

If not to wear it why else would anyone buy a piece of jewellery, regardless of it's value?

Wear it somewhere where it is safe to wear?

If not to wear it why else would anyone buy a piece of jewellery, regardless of it's value?

Since there are so many lunatics without driver license and insurance on Thai roads, may be you should also suggest to keep your car and motorbike where it's safe e.g. in your garage.

• Like 1

Since there are so many lunatics without driver license and insurance on Thai roads, may be you should also suggest to keep your car and motorbike where it's safe e.g. in your garage.

That is silly. Personally, I need a car to get around. I certainly do not need to attract attention with an expensive (and pretty ugly) necklace. Just common sense.

That is silly. Personally, I need a car to get around. I certainly do not need to attract attention with an expensive (and pretty ugly) necklace. Just common sense.

You could get around by Taxi, public transport or by foot like so many Thais do. The car is just to show off, no common sense involved .

Look, I can also make silly remarks

• Like 1