Farmers march to see Yingluck

webfact

Farmers march to see Yingluck

2-10-2014-12-19-55-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Farmers holding out at the Commerce Ministry started marching out to petition the Justice Minister and then proceeded to see the caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra at the office of the defense permanent secretary to demand her answer on the unpaid rice payment. They set Friday as deadline to get paid otherwise their protests will be escalated.

Earlier Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisarn offered to meet the farmers today at the Commerce Ministry to convince farmers to stay at the ministry and not to march to see the caretaker prime minister at the defense permanent secretary’s office. He also offered to take and resolve their problems.

But farmers rejected to meet him and insisted on going to see the prime minister. They are farmers from the western part of the country comprising Ratchaburi, Kanchanaburi and Phetchaburi.

By 11.00 p.m. farmers arrived at the protest site of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee on Chaengwattana road where they were welcomed by anti-government protesters led by Luang Poo Buddhaissara.

They then moved forward to the Justice Ministry to submit a petition seeking action against the caretaker prime minister on rice fraud charge.

They are marching to the office of the caretaker prime minister at Muangthong Thani. They will demand her to step down if they are not paid by Friday so a new government could come to resolve their plight.

Meanwhile leader of farmers from Nakhon Ratchasima Nakorn Siriwipat said about 30,000 farmers in the province who have rice vouchers are still unpaid of more than four billion baht.

He said farmer leaders from 20 northeastern provinces will meet Tuesday in Korat to work out guideline to demand payment from the government. Any resolution reached tomorrow will be a joint movement to protest with farmers from other regions.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/farmers-march-see-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-10

The farmers have been enormously patient. They have waited long enough. Their presence in Bangkok is starting to ruffle the feathers of the administration. It's good they're insisting on seeing Yingluck - and although that won't happen - it is clear the farmers movement is gathering momentum. The Yingluck administration is running out of excuses, and the farmers are tired of hearing them.

Why do you think Yingluck will not meet them?

Surely an appearance on an upstairs outside balcony with a wave, some wet eyes and a few graceful wais would please the throng. No?

• Like 1

The farmers have been enormously patient. They have waited long enough. Their presence in Bangkok is starting to ruffle the feathers of the administration. It's good they're insisting on seeing Yingluck - and although that won't happen - it is clear the farmers movement is gathering momentum. The Yingluck administration is running out of excuses, and the farmers are tired of hearing them.

Surely an appearance on an upstairs outside balcony with a wave, some wet eyes and a few graceful wais would please the throng. No?

A debtor always avoids meeting creditors if they possibly can. Probably out of shame at not being able to repay the debt. Yingluck has no shame so perhaps she will see them.

As long as those farmers don't escalate their protests to several thousand instead of a handful, and don't stop extending their deadline for payment, nothing gonna come of it.

Yingluck doesn't even bother to manage some crocodile tears anymore.

True very true

RT@veen_NT: Unconfirmed report that caretaker PM will not meet the farmers but will assign Niwatthamrong and Warathep to talk to them. via @Tik_NT

Now who would have thought that

As much of a coward running away with tail between legs as the elder brother.Can run, but can't escape forever.

• Like 1

No doubt Yingluck uttered those immortal words of Marie Antoinette below as ordered by her brother Thaksin.

let-them-eat-cake-fat-cat-greedy-policia

I know the gutter and I know the stink of the street

Kicked like a dog, I have spat out the bile of defeat

All you beauties who towered above me

You who gave me the smack of your rod

Now I give you the gutter

I give you the judgement of God!

Vengeance victorious

These are the glorious days

Women of Paris, come gather your bloody buquets!

Now gaze on our goddess of justice

With her shimmering, glimmering blade

As she kisses these traitors she sings them a last serenade

Sing, swing

Savour the sting

As she severs you, Madame Guillotine

Slice, come paradise

You'll be smitten with Madame Guillotine

The world may be ugly, but each man must do what he must

Give in pretty dear, in a year you will be pretty dust

Now come let our lady possess you

In her breathtaking, hair-raising bed

She will tingle your spine

As she captures your heart and your head

Sing, swing

Savour the sting

Slice, come paradise

Our Delilah will shave you razor clean

God, when did man lose his reason?

Save us, my God, if you're there

God, can you not feel the terror like a fire in the air?

Flash, slash! Glisten and gash!

She will ravash you, Madame Guillotine

Split, Madame just bit

Give her more to bite, she's a hungry queen

Sing, savour the sting

Slice, come paradise

Hail her Majesty!

Madame Guillotine!

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/s/scarletpimpernellyrics/madameguillotinelyrics.html

I can see it now, Suthep and the farmers erecting a Guillotine on the lawns of Gov House.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Wife says that rumours are starting to bubble up regarding the actual whereabouts of Yingluck.

Many people are saying that she has not been in the country for days and that it is possible she may stay away from Thailand if the situation doesn't change.

If this is true, then the PTP are going to be left like a dying fish flapping around on the dock.

If she has indeed flown the coup during an emergency situation in the land that she herself declared, then that would basically sign the death knell of the government. This is seriously 'impeachment' material. If the PM has fled the country, she needs to be replaced immediately.

No.

No doubt Yingluck uttered those immortal words of Marie Antoinette below as ordered by her brother Thaksin.

let-them-eat-cake-fat-cat-greedy-policia

I know the gutter and I know the stink of the street

Kicked like a dog, I have spat out the bile of defeat

All you beauties who towered above me

You who gave me the smack of your rod

Now I give you the gutter

I give you the judgement of God!

Vengeance victorious

These are the glorious days

Women of Paris, come gather your bloody buquets!

Now gaze on our goddess of justice

With her shimmering, glimmering blade

As she kisses these traitors she sings them a last serenade

Sing, swing

Savour the sting

Slice, come paradise

You'll be smitten with Madame Guillotine

The world may be ugly, but each man must do what he must

Give in pretty dear, in a year you will be pretty dust

Now come let our lady possess you

In her breathtaking, hair-raising bed

She will tingle your spine

As she captures your heart and your head

Sing, swing

Savour the sting

Slice, come paradise

Our Delilah will shave you razor clean

God, when did man lose his reason?

Save us, my God, if you're there

God, can you not feel the terror like a fire in the air?

Flash, slash! Glisten and gash!

She will ravash you, Madame Guillotine

Split, Madame just bit

Give her more to bite, she's a hungry queen

Sing, savour the sting

Slice, come paradise

Hail her Majesty!

Madame Guillotine!

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/s/scarletpimpernellyrics/madameguillotinelyrics.html

I can see it now, Suthep and the farmers erecting a Guillotine on the lawns of Gov House.

What a brilliant idea, probably the best for a long while.

Wife says that rumours are starting to bubble up regarding the actual whereabouts of Yingluck.

Many people are saying that she has not been in the country for days and that it is possible she may stay away from Thailand if the situation doesn't change.

If this is true, then the PTP are going to be left like a dying fish flapping around on the dock.

If she has indeed flown the coup during an emergency situation in the land that she herself declared, then that would basically sign the death knell of the government. This is seriously 'impeachment' material. If the PM has fled the country, she needs to be replaced immediately.

They are flapping around on the dock like dying fish, so let us hope it's true.

Edited by Artisi

B.S. talks and money walks.... The check is in the mail.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Or, hey do you want your rice back? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

When it sounds to good to be true... It usually is.....giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

kilosierra

Not the first time this has happened in the LOS.....whistling.gif