Buddha Issara accused of owning Chiang Mai properties

webfact

Buddha Issara Accused Of Owning Chiang Mai Properties
By Khaosod English

13920124891392012527l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A group of Redshirts protesters have alleged that an anti-government monk activist had illegally purchased lands in Chiang Mai province.

Buddha Issara is currently leading a protest rally on behalf of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) on Chaeng Wattana Road.

According to a Redshirts activist, the monk possesses a number of lands without proper authorisation in Mae Wang district.

Around 300 Redshirts protesters gathered in front of one such property this morning, demanding an official investigation into the land′s ownership, as Buddhist monks are not allowed to own any wealth, let alone an estate property.

Mr. Pichit Tamool, a local Redshirt leader, said many residents in the district have complained that the monk has purchased many lands from them and promised the residents the lands would be used for temple construction.

13920124891392012539l.jpg

However, according to Mr. Pichit, the temple was never constructed. Instead, residential buildings were seen inside the fenced properties allegedly owned by Buddha Issara. Mr. Pichit added that the buildings themselves were constructed without permit from the authorities.

Reporters were not allowed inside the property today.

Pol.Col. Suphol Foomoolcharoen, another Redshirt activist, said the police should investigate the matter and issue arrest warrant on the monk if he is found guilty.

"Chiang Mai residents will be the eyes and ears," Pol.Col. Suphol said, "If Buddha Issara ever comes to Chiang Mai, they will immediately inform the police".

After listening to speeches by leaders denouncing Buddha Issara′s political activism, the Redshirts later dispersed peacefully from the area.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qQXhNalE0T1E9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-10

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before you all start bashing, let's wait and see if Buddha Issara, really owns the property.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

OH, come on more fun to bash him now while we have something to attack him on. whistling.gif But of course a monk would never ever do anything illegal. wink.png

• Like 2

Ummm I'm not sure as the pictures were pretty crap.. but I didn't see any residential properties .. a bit of dodgy reporting or another smear.. don't know .. but never a follow up.... from the other thread about Sutheps son the general consensus was it was very easy to confirm who owns land here in Thailand .. so why no check?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ummm I'm not sure as the pictures were pretty crap.. but I didn't see any residential properties .. a bit of dodgy reporting or another smear.. don't know .. but never a follow up.... from the other thread about Sutheps son the general consensus was it was very easy to confirm who owns land here in Thailand .. so why no check?

I thought the general consensus was that Suthep's son did buy the land, but that it's unlikely to have been from donations given to the PDRC. Someone said he'd admitted it on FB and had said he bought it last year but that papers had only just been completed (I didn't check that for myself though). There were many pages of documents being posted up - obviously could've been faked but that would leave people wide open for a defamation charge because, as you say, it's easy to prove.

And yes, it should be possible for Khao Sod to check. I know nothing about Buddha Issara so I don't know if it's true or not. But you shouldn't assume it's incorrect just because it comes from the other side, though obviously it's best to be cautious. Obviously some of it's true - even back in 05 a lot of what Sondhi was saying about Thaksin's corruption was true, just it became increasingly mixed with wild fabrications. In 2010 the red shirts went to Khao Yai to protest against the house Surayud illegally built there and they got that one right.

• Like 1

This Khaosod article is an absolute disgrace. As always, they use the word " alleged ". That's all this is. The source of it is a red-shirt leader. Period. He provides no evidence. Nothing. And this from a self-described " redshirt activist " senior police officer -

" Chiang Mai residents will be the eyes and ears," Pol.Col. Suphol said, "If Buddha Issara ever comes to Chiang Mai, they will immediately inform the police. "

Why ? Where's the evidence ? Why hasn't it been produced ? Is this a free society, where a police official can stoke a vigilante atmosphere on the basis of nothing other than you don't like someone's political position ?

" Reporters were not allowed inside the property today. "

In other words, they refused to let Khaosod in, because no other real journalists would touch a story without any evidence, and only one side represented. What good would photographing the insides of a private residence prove ? If Khoasod really want a good story, why not just shoot for the moon, take photos of the Hilton, and say it was " alleged " to have been owned by him as well.

Why is it not valid to report accusations of illegal activity? It doesn't say it's true, just that these red shirts have claimed it. Should, for example, that nonsense about 10 van of Cambodians coming across the border to attack the PDRC not have been reported then? Because I suspect there might be less truth in that than in this (plus it stokes nationalism and xenophobic sentiments). Khao Sod should report it, but they should also do more to assess whether it's true or not. Like, as someone suggested previously, check the land records. But that's the same as practically every Thai newspaper. When does The Nation ever fact check? They usually just report what sources or witnesses favourable to the side they support say rather than finding out for themselves as you'd expect any journalist worth his/her salt to do.

It's obvious Khao Sod is favourable to the red side, but you always single them out as biased, when I see everyone else doing the same thing. lol. Don't forget these are just translations of stories written for Khao Sod's Thai audience - and it's a tabloid, not a quality broadsheet. This sort of story is very common on both sides in the Thai press. Some have at least a basis in truth, some don't.

I thought the general consensus was that Suthep's son did buy the land, but that it's unlikely to have been from donations given to the PDRC. Someone said he'd admitted it on FB and had said he bought it last year but that papers had only just been completed (I didn't check that for myself though). There were many pages of documents being posted up - obviously could've been faked but that would leave people wide open for a defamation charge because, as you say, it's easy to prove.

And yes, it should be possible for Khao Sod to check. I know nothing about Buddha Issara so I don't know if it's true or not. But you shouldn't assume it's incorrect just because it comes from the other side, though obviously it's best to be cautious. Obviously some of it's true - even back in 05 a lot of what Sondhi was saying about Thaksin's corruption was true, just it became increasingly mixed with wild fabrications. In 2010 the red shirts went to Khao Yai to protest against the house Surayud illegally built there and they got that one right.

I didn't say it couldn't be true. I said how it was reported it looked dodgy. Similar to the same newspapers report on Suthep's son.. The Phua Thai supporters are the first to Dis anything from the Nation after all.

I just wish there was some follow up reporting.... actually some REPORTING would be nice rather than hearsay.

PS : the good Abbot is a bit dodgy but proof is required!

• Like 1

Before you all start bashing, let's wait and see if Buddha Issara, really owns the property.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif>

OH, come on more fun to bash him now while we have something to attack him on. whistling.gif But of course a monk would never ever do anything illegal. wink.png

Red snakes shout be beheaded, like Chalerm, but most cowards are afraid of snakes...

I eat this sacum for breakfast.

Cheeseheads shout when they don't whistle.

• Like 2

Before you all start bashing, let's wait and see if Buddha Issara, really owns the property.coffee1.gif

Like the fake story "Suthep buys land from the donations". The reds are never ashamed to lie....

"Like the fake story "Suthep buys land from the donations......"

Is that story fake? Has their been any evidence, either way, to show it was or was not fake?

• Like 1

Before you all start bashing, let's wait and see if Buddha Issara, really owns the property.coffee1.gif

Like the fake story "Suthep buys land from the donations". The reds are never ashamed to lie....

It wasn't a 'fake story'. It was a report of a 'suggestion' by Prompong that Suthep's son may have bought the land using donations. In fact it appears that although he did buy the land, it was bought before these protests had even began. I for one am glad Khao Sod started translating some of their articles into English because it means we get a mix of unsubstantiated rumours from both sides of the political spectrum now. Like I said before, some have a basis in truth, others don't. It's up to readers to be skeptical and not to instantly believe any rumour that fits with their narrative.

Sorry for being 'off topic' but didn't the paperwork for the alleged land transfer suggest that it had taken place on the 29th of January this year? That would be well after the 'protests' had begun.

• Like 1

It wasn't a 'fake story'. It was a report of a 'suggestion' by Prompong that Suthep's son may have bought the land using donations. In fact it appears that although he did buy the land, it was bought before these protests had even began. I for one am glad Khao Sod started translating some of their articles into English because it means we get a mix of unsubstantiated rumours from both sides of the political spectrum now. Like I said before, some have a basis in truth, others don't. It's up to readers to be skeptical and not to instantly believe any rumour that fits with their narrative.

Sorry for being 'off topic' but didn't the paperwork for the alleged land transfer suggest that it had taken place on the 29th of January this year? That would be well after the 'protests' had begun.

Yes, but Suthep's son apparently claimed on FB that it was bought last year (in June or July IIRC) and that the date was simply due to a delay in getting the papers completed. Like I said, I doubt he bought it from donations. People were alleging that Thaksin might've ordered a hit on Kwanchai for siphoning money off which I think is unlikely - but if Thaksin could order a hit for stealing his money, so could Suthep's backers. Especially as one of the main figures behind the scenes is responsible for the hit on Sondhi. But even apart from that, Suthep is desperate to win, why would he do this now knowing it could seriously jeopardize his chances if found out? He's just not that stupid. The possibility he used donations to help his son buy land is pretty low imo.

Could it be that we will see one of these accusations every day from now on ?

First it was Suthep buying land.

Then staying in flash hotels.

Now this one.

What will be next ? Underage lady boy sex would really get the red posters going

Or poor Thai farmers send their daughters and son's to Pattaya to sell their body ...

Could it be that we will see one of these accusations every day from now on ?

First it was Suthep buying land.

Then staying in flash hotels.

Now this one.

What will be next ? Underage lady boy sex would really get the red posters going

Probably would if they were the executant.

"Pol.Col. Suphol Foomoolcharoen, another Redshirt activist,"

well, it's nice to know that the police is neutral and just doing it's job. Or is it just shoddy reporting by theNation rolleyes.gif

It is not The Nation, it is Khaosod, the Thaksin funded media.

Also my wife tells me that monks can of course own land, many people become monks just for a month, are they saying they have to give all their property away?

Also, my wife was raised in a residential street in a temple.

Many temples have residential property within their grounds that they charge rent for to help with the upkeep of the temple while providing affordable homes for its flock.

Some people getting very desperate. You can go to prison here for defamation.

This so called monk is the biggest con artist since Wiraphon Sukphon, the jetsetting pedo monk with 41 bank accounts that was disrobed about a year ago.

The sooner he is disrobed and behind bars, the better.

Why! What proof do you have that the Monk in question is a con artist?

Thailand, on 10 Feb 2014 - 16:12, said:
Costas2008, on 10 Feb 2014 - 14:07, said:
Thailand, on 10 Feb 2014 - 13:58, said:

As you had nothing to say either about the original post, better stop wasting your time, posting silly comments.

Brilliant! 1508560.GIF

Thank you, That was great.