No Red Wine Boxes In Chiang Mai?

PostmanPat

Ah, Postman Pat, I will gladly bring a box of red to your cremation! But I hope not soon!

Happy to have a fire if you provide the wine....I certainly have one or two potential "Guy Fawkes" but not including me!

Sorry, Mapguy, accidental pun there when I mentioned Guy Fawkes!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Wine in a box ( Cheatue Cardboard ) I just bought a very nice red at me local wine ( in Nong Hoi ) Lamphun road on the right hand side head to airport

5lt 830 baht and it is a REALLY nice drop this wine shop has so many specials and the owners are very nice to deal with.....the wine is by Peter Vella....try you will kie it....AND far more economical than bottles and is a better quality.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I tried Peter Vella once.

Caminos is a stunner ... exxy, but well worth it.... hic!

Went to Mackro Hand Dong today - full stock of Caminos Cab and Merlot ( 1580Bt 3 lt ) an Chard - asked the gal why it go up so much - import from Chile taxes - I said I will not buy --- but you are the farang with money in your pocket -- that's why I have money in my pocket - I will not buy

We tried one bottle of the Peter Vella red and it was sugary like PostmanPat said. I have to say that it was the worst wine that I've ever tried (that was not corked). Of course, I guess it could have been a bad batch, but never again will I buy that brand. I haven't tried Bodega yet.

binjalin -- Are you drinking the red or white of the box wines you are mentioning? I ask because I have not found a reasonably priced white wine which is why I am sipping Montclair red (which I still think is better with food).

Yesterday, we were lucky enough to have a good tasting bottle of wine. It was a Sicilian Syrah and it went well with our duck leg confit. It was about 700 baht.

Regarding box wines, I like it because the packaging keeps the wine in a drinkable state for awhile.

yes I'm a Bodegas fan at the moment - far superior to Mont Clair (wish I had not mentioned Peter Vella)

I'm sorry... I guess I worded that too strong. Thank you for the Bodegas recommendation. We will keep it in mind.