Anyone know atm card limit over the counter in a bank?

chaiyapoon

Just tried to take out a million baht on an a uk debit card and was told the limit is 20k at a time.

That was strange as at the same branch had taken out 86k in one go the week before.On showing the receipt for this she said Ok can do 80k.

This with her checking with several people. I had also checked with them that the million was doable and that I would be in the naxt week to do it.No problem was the reply.

This was in the main Kasikorn branch in Prachinburi and none of the helpfull staff from the previous week seemed to be in evidence.

As usual I got the impression that none of them had done this before and were frightened of doing something wrong so the answer is 'cannot'.

I'm in Pattaya again on wednesday and hoped someone would know of a branch of any bank that is more used to this sort of transaction?

I have taken out Bt200k on my UK bank debit card from SCB at Central on Beach Road. That was 2/3 years back. Didn't ask about any bank limit but had no problem requesting this amount.

Also taken out similar sums previously from the TMB branch on 2nd Road just up (left hand side) from the junction with South Pattaya Road.

I believe you are only limited by what your card provider allows, unless the local bank has lower daily limits for withdrawals.

If you have a local bank account, a cheaper option would be to transfer the funds by swift (or by any other economical FX transaction) and simply arrange for the cash / draft from your bank.

But not sure if this could only be arranged at your local branch or if any branch of your bank would be able to assist. I seem to recall that I have had drafts (and certainly cash) arranged at branches other than my local SCB branch. This was from a savings account and all that was needed was your account passbook and passport.

• Like 1