Thai farmers threaten to occupy all rice warehouses after talks with Govt fail

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the farmers should seek Suthep's help in putting pressure on the EC to clearly agree that the caretaker government can borrow the money. While this seems to be the obvious solution, Suthep may feel that any solution would undermine his current anti-government rhetoric.

Don't agree. Asking the agencies in charge of various forms of parliamentary process to break the law is just copying the pt attitudes. in other words, ignore the law, as needed.

Just exactly what Thailand doesn't need.

Reform before new elections.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Where was Yingluck?

Why did she not take part in this conference?

She's the chairman of the rice committee and responsible!

Did she leave the country or what?

Yingluk tells some great lies on the orders of her brother

But when the Going gets tough

Ying look get going, leaving some one else to handle the pressure

As above, where is yingluck today?

Where was Yingluck?

Myanmar

• Like 1

Where was Yingluck?

Myanmar

What?
She as a caretaker pm and the chairwoman of the rice committee makes party with his brother taksin
and the other 20 pt members including the high police officer and the hole taksin family?

Staying at the 10 floor of the Chartrium hotel in Yangon and eat caviar?

I can not belief this.

The farmers come in their distress to her and want to talk because she is in charge and responsible for the plight of farmers,

and she makes then party with her ​​brother and the PT friends?

incredible.

You have a link that YL joint this party, where they celebrate the transfer of 35 Billion Baht on personal accounts.

The 35.000.000.000 Baht merit?

Edited by tomacht8

They should do it. The rice in the warehouses atr their's anyway and they'll not see a cent of their money until the Shinawatras and their thieving cronies are gone. And seeing how the Shinawatras days are numbered, they may decide to help themselves to some of the rice before they're kicked out.

Love to have seen nuttawut's face during this meeting. He must have been squirming in his skin. I wonder whether he made any comment at all

Here you go.

Apologies if I break forum rules. I want to highlight the body language and the facial expressions as opposed to the spoken word in this video.

That wasn't today though was it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They should do it. The rice in the warehouses atr their's anyway and they'll not see a cent of their money until the Shinawatras and their thieving cronies are gone. And seeing how the Shinawatras days are numbered, they may decide to help themselves to some of the rice before they're kicked out.

Love to have seen nuttawut's face during this meeting. He must have been squirming in his skin. I wonder whether he made any comment at all

Here you go.

Apologies if I break forum rules. I want to highlight the body language and the facial expressions as opposed to the spoken word in this video.

That wasn't today though was it?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Nattawut exerts of the video was apparently from today. BUT don't quote me.

PS - My ear is not itchy when I replied to you. wink.png

"Mr Niwatthamrong said the government has successively paid to farmers during the last six months and that the payment delay was due to the House dissolution which poses restrictions on the caretaker government on spending."

They continue to repeat this lie to people who know they haven't been paid since October?

No wonder the farmers stormed out.

Or is this a different group who haven't been paid?

In the statement, the party claimed that the rice pledging scheme has been very beneficial to the farmers in helping increase the earnings of 3.2 farming households and in paying, so far, 700 billion baht to farmers through the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives which helps stimulate the economy

Hey, its all about the results ya-know!

Here you go.

Oh my god ... The journalists were really doing their level best to be civil but the straightforward questions ("when? What are the figures? Why can't you tell us? What does this mean?") were still too hot for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Obvious solution is to sell the rice. That is money. Don't borrow. The govt. Won't sell the rice, because they can't. Most of the rice left are old and spoiled rice. They probably bought old and spoiled rice in the first place. Now all the new rice are already sold off. Why can't anyone subpeona the records. This govt is such a sham.

• Like 1

Obvious solution is to sell the rice. That is money. Don't borrow. The govt. Won't sell the rice, because they can't. Most of the rice left are old and spoiled rice. They probably bought old and spoiled rice in the first place. Now all the new rice are already sold off. Why can't anyone subpeona the records. This govt is such a sham.

I believe they are saying the records were lost in the floods.....or the dog ate them.

• Like 2

As much as I am for the farmers to take their rice back,- after all it hasn't been paid for yet, I think the government posterboys of corruption will then claim, that no bookkeeping is possible any more. That would be an easy way out for all those, that filled their pockets with the money meant for paying the farmers.

• Like 1

This is an interesting development. Indeed, the farmers own the rice in the silos. It's theirs. They grew it. They weren't paid for it. And one gets the sense it would be in more capable hands, to boot.

They can always take the rice back.

But the farmers don't want the rice.

Without having received the rice payment, the farmers would of course be entitled to take the rice back, but it want really help them because they have no established sales procedures for the rice.

When they take the rice back then they should get in touch with the Millers in order to get the sale of the rice organised.

Here you go.

Oh my god ... The journalists were really doing their level best to be civil but the straightforward questions ("when? What are the figures? Why can't you tell us? What does this mean?") were still too hot for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You do have to remember that at present the journalists are working under an SOE and have been called in for a chat with Tarit.

Not exactly an ideal environment for them to be asking tough questions.

And remember the ones the navy was going to do for posting the truth on a web site.

• Like 1

When talking about the farmers taking their rice back:
I remember a picture of such a rice storage facility been published recently.

The building totally dilapidated and most likely the stored rice will be in similar condition. Who would want that quality of rice back???

When talking about the farmers taking their rice back:
I remember a picture of such a rice storage facility been published recently.

The building totally dilapidated and most likely the stored rice will be in similar condition. Who would want that quality of rice back???

Farmers stage walkout from talk with govt

Petchanet Pratruangkrai

The Nation

30226514-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A group of rice farmers' representatives from 20 provinces Monday walked out from a high-profile meeting with government figures, after caretaker administration came up with no solutions for long-overdue payment under the pledging scheme.

They staged a walkout after they were told to ask banks for releasing loans to the government so that they could pay farmers.

The angry farmers said that they would continue their demonstration and pressure the government to resign as lack of capability to handle with its pledging policy.

The meeting was held at Defense Ministry, and joined by three caretaker ministers including Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Niwatthumrong Boonsongpaisan, Deputy Commerce Minister Natthawut Saikuar, and Minister to PM's Office Minister Varathep Ratanakorn.

Farmers walked out from the meeting after Niwatthumrong told them to ask banks in releasing loan for the government so that the government could have money to pay farmers.

He said in the meeting that the caretaker government could not borrow money from banks because of the protestors blocked the banks.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-10

Seems like the PTP and the Shinawatra clan just torpedoed their rural voting base. I wonder who will be next to promise the moon and not deliver. Thaksin should just buy the rice and sell it on the open market for a loss. How many billion baht do you need anyway? That would sew up the Thai political scene for the next decade. Just my humble opinion. whistling.gif

More like a suicide bomb than a torpedo shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Promises promises and lots more empty promises from Thaksin and the Shin's.

Now where can I book my seat on the Hi Speed railway to Chiang Mai?

I'm sure he must talk to his son on Skype and tell him ' One day son all these problems will be yours'!

• Like 1