breakdown cover in thailand

daiwill60

AXA - have a roadside/recovery service option included with their insurance. How good it is I couldn't say. However in the event of a need to contact the insurance re-possible claim - i.e. send a man out they have an English Language service.

Edited by wilcopops

Hi All, Have used The axa breakdown service on 2 previous occasions, on the first they took my Jeep Wrangler to 2 garages, where 1 fixed the problem, on the other phoned them on a public holiday to find the nearest shop who could replace my broken windscreen, they were help full and spoke English.

I bought a new Nissan and get three years road side assistance for 'free'.

They almost certainly will require you to be taken to their dealership even if you have to pay extra towing milages. This means you will not be able to get a quick local get you home fix that you would by using a closer garage.

They almost certainly will require you to be taken to their dealership even if you have to pay extra towing milages. This means you will not be able to get a quick local get you home fix that you would by using a closer garage.

won't.

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Owning/Twenty-four-hour-roadside-assistance.aspx

won't.

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Owning/Twenty-four-hour-roadside-assistance.aspx

will

Free car lift and tow for the first 20 kilometers to the nearest Nissan service centre

• 3 months later...

Car World Club website is blocked by most browsers as being dangerous.

Calls to their telephone support get you put on a silent hold. I tried calling to change my vehicle and address and could not get any response. They could not reply in. English and would not call back when an English speaking operator was available. Even the recorded message said to press H for English.

NOT RECOMMENDED

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• 1 year later...

Car World Club website is blocked by most browsers as being dangerous.

Calls to their telephone support get you put on a silent hold. I tried calling to change my vehicle and address and could not get any response. They could not reply in. English and would not call back when an English speaking operator was available. Even the recorded message said to press H for English.

NOT RECOMMENDED

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Bit late now but as this subject has been brought up again the way to get an English speaker is to listen to the message properly and then press 8, not H. Some geniuses on this forum.

Just out of curiosity I phoned CWC, 02 015 1919, 10 minutes ago but the person who answered the "English" line did not have perfect English. What he did was take my phone number and 5 minutes later a very proficient English speaker called me back.

Highly recommended.

• 10 months later...

Some types of Citibank Visa card offer 24 hours roadside assistance free for two events a year including free towing up to a value of B1,500 a time which is about 10km. No need to register the car in advance but the card holder must be present in person.