What Luscious Liquid Are You Currently Slipping Past The Tonsils?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

White wine and lemonade seems to be doing the trick!!! Spritzer. Also cheated and had an aspirin...

Continue to drink.... believe it or not it does work. (advice from a true pisshead)

I did and i did and i even did again. Today I am in the same predicament!! So shall start the process over again!! :o Life's a bitch, innit?

Time, darling. And lots of water.

He's right! The only effective cure for hangover is rehydration. You can have some fruit juice as well for sustainence.

Don't do the 'curer' method, as adding more alcohol will only make it worse!

Last night I drank Don Quixote 151 (powerful stuff, brit, you know the flavour), mixed with Don Quixote Gold, Don Q Silver, (an ounce of each), in a glass, touch of lime juice, Sugar rimmed glass, and a few crushed mint leaves. (a variation of a Cuban Mojito).

Took so bloody long to make, I switched to beer and drugs after that.

Edited by kayo

Just Tea, as I am stuck on a Dry ship working in the Gulf of Thailand. Will be the start of July before I manage to get any gargle down the old Gregory Peck. So enjoy your hangovers guys!!!

Edited by mickmac

I'm on the ribena with coffee chasers... :o

totster :D

Just poured the 1st Glenfiddich Gran Reserva 21yr old single malt scotch. Considering what today has been like, probably the first of many.

Josh,

why is a scottish name brand going around with spanish writing? Can´t they just call it the Big Slosh or something?

Anyway, save me a shot. I should be there by the time it is about 30 years old. (Does that make it a Bigger Slosh?)

Regards, your friendly english bartender in Guatemala.

Just poured the 1st Glenfiddich Gran Reserva 21yr old single malt scotch. Considering what today has been like, probably the first of many.

I must say that I am partial to the odd wee dram of Glenfiddich... :D

I am not a lush like the rest of you! :D:D

One can usually find me drinking Diet Mountain Dew, which isn't available in Thailand. When I go to LOS, I really miss it! Since I dont drink, it's always soda for me and the variety in Thailand is very poor. Why can't they get more kinds of soda there? :o

Josh,

why is a scottish name brand going around with spanish writing? Can´t they just call it the Big Slosh or something?

Anyway, save me a shot. I should be there by the time it is about 30 years old. (Does that make it a Bigger Slosh?)

Regards, your friendly english bartender in Guatemala.

I'm unsure why they use spanish writing, I can tell you that I've been enjoying this particular single malt for quite some time now (its extremely smooth).

I know that one of their 15yr old malts is called "Solera Reserve" ... So maybe its a theme.

I've found the page that will explain all: http://uk.glenfiddich.com/shop/prod_gran_reserve_21.html

It is a fantastic drop and I'm quite happy to share with anyone else who enjoys a good selection of single malts.

It is a fantastic drop and I'm quite happy to share with anyone else who enjoys a good selection of single malts.

Share your knowledge of, or your actual Scotch? :D

I'm a sharer :D Of both knowledge and actual scotch :D

Its always good to have a drinking buddy or 2 :D:D:D:o

I am not a lush like the rest of you! :D:D

One can usually find me drinking Diet Mountain Dew, which isn't available in Thailand. When I go to LOS, I really miss it! Since I dont drink, it's always soda for me and the variety in Thailand is very poor. Why can't they get more kinds of soda there? :o

if yer talkin' about club soda I've found Chang and Singha to be acceptable...they even stay fizzy when left open overnight...(formaldahyde?)

as for other fizzy drinks, yeah...the choice is limited, no diet anything. Although the Suphan tescos has A&W root beer and Dr Pepper which is a treat...they also both go OK with Sang Som...

Tutsiwarrior, haven't you seen either of Coke Light or Pepsi Max in your stores? They are widely available around BKK, and both are "diet", I would say. I prefer the Pepsi Max... it has a much stronger flavor than a western Diet Pepsi, such that it almost tastes like a regular cola.

As for amber liquids, I already reported on my wheat beer obsession in the silly minimart thread. I am not sure I could take much distilled spirits here in the tropics, assuming I wasn't mixing it with Gatorade. :o

Tutsiwarrior, haven't you seen either of Coke Light or Pepsi Max in your stores? They are widely available around BKK, and both are "diet", I would say. I prefer the Pepsi Max... it has a much stronger flavor than a western Diet Pepsi, such that it almost tastes like a regular cola.

As for amber liquids, I already reported on my wheat beer obsession in the silly minimart thread. I am not sure I could take much distilled spirits here in the tropics, assuming I wasn't mixing it with Gatorade. :o

Mr auto...beware comparing the lush display at BKK supermarkets with the meager offering at the smaller provincial outlets...

no, no diet drinks on offer that I can see at the Suphan tescos an' I'm diabetic an' worry about my healt'...can't even get diet coke at the KFC at the food court upstairs

one despairs when one retires to de slow life ob de provinces then to find their blood sugar goin' up by the minute due to the reduced facilities...

sheeeesh...

(although, I have to admit that I haven't been to the Suphan tescos in two years due to recent commitments in Bahrain and VN...could be that there is presently a gentler and more wholesome arrangement on offer these days...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

as for other fizzy drinks, yeah...the choice is limited, no diet anything.

I find that quite unusual that you haven't seen any diet soda in LOS. I know you're in the provinces, but everytime I accompany my wife home to Udon, the local Tops there even has diet Coke for sale. They are sold in single cans only, no bottles.

as for other fizzy drinks, yeah...the choice is limited, no diet anything.

I find that quite unusual that you haven't seen any diet soda in LOS. I know you're in the provinces, but everytime I accompany my wife home to Udon, the local Tops there even has diet Coke for sale. They are sold in single cans only, no bottles.

look here trip...up in dose places dat you mention, yeah...ah bets you gots a MacDonalds too...amphur Suphan is a place forgotten by God...believe me when I tell yuh....ain't got no diet soda 'round here...we got the best road infrastructure in Thailand but that's IT...

I doan know what it is but when I come down to BKK after some months in Suphan ah's like a dyin' man lookin' for oxigen...my only sustenance in Suphan is being kept like royalty by the family when between jobs...

when on return from amphur Suphan with a load ob groceries from tescos we stop just outside where we live on the highway and get some khao man gai and beer and I look over the featureless rice paddy aspect and wonder 'what's so special about this place and <deleted> am I doin' here?'

it's just cause it's home...

Ahhh wheat beer. Can't wait to have a Kronenberg 1664 on tap in sydney...

Its the simple things... it really is.. :D

I'm not really drinking Zacapa Rum At this moment, but if I were to be drinking right now I would be drinking Zacapa Rum, because Zacapa Rum is an Incredible Rum From Zacapa Guatemala.

No, Rather I am posting this zacapa post on this drinking thread with all together far too much use of the word Zacapa in order to attempt to change the google advertising on this page from two horribly well know beverages to that of rums, liquours, spirits, and maybe one or two of zacapa rum.

:o

Warning: If you are a wine buff you may not wish to know the following.

The other day at my usual Friday lunch with mates, where we like to indulge a little, we were joined by a very rich acquaintance who insisted on picking up the bill and providing the wines.

The five of us consumed 2 magnums (1.5 litres ea) of 1998 Penfolds 707 Cab Sav and two bottles of 2002 Mosswood Cab Sav.

I've since checked the retail price of the wines and they would be valued between $A1100 and $A1200 in total.

A very pleasant lunch, and I went home without spending a cent on the day. :o

Edited by Old Croc