Thai farmers to check rice stockpiles in all government warehouses today, Feb 11

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If bank lend they will do so with insurance, ie banks dont need the rice scheme to be a success they will get paid regardless, just like everywhere else.

All banks need security whether that's a physical thing or a paperwork thing .. this is what is in doubt!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

If bank lend they will do so with insurance, ie banks dont need the rice scheme to be a success they will get paid regardless, just like everywhere else.

All banks need security whether that's a physical thing or a paperwork thing .. this is what is in doubt!

So you think there isnt enough security here or that Thailand has a debt problem so large it wont be able to raise funding ? or is it you think it has such a bad reputation on repaying debts it wont be given any loans ? maybe because of Thaksins corruption or something to do with PTP ?

im genuinely curious because banks in my experience dont care about anything but the payment terms and ability to pay the instalments and usually they jump right to the top of the payment list even with the broke countries.

In all the reports and figures i have read there is not one that cites Thailand as having any problem with credit or any rating agency or that it even has a moderately high debt level.

Edited by englishoak

So you think there isnt enough security here or that Thailand has a debt problem so large it wont be able to raise funding ? or is it you think it has such a bad reputation on repaying debts it wont be given any loans ? maybe because of Thaksins corruption or something to do with PTP ?

im genuinely curious because banks in my experience dont care about anything but the payment terms and ability to pay the instalments and usually they jump right to the top of the payment list even with the broke countries.

In all the reports and figures i have read there is not one that cites Thailand as having any problem with credit or any rating agency or that it even has a moderately high debt level.

I have no idea what runs through Thai bankers minds. I would think at this juncture it's more about the paperwork being correct, protecting the management from misconduct charges.

I have no idea what runs through Thai bankers minds. I would think at this juncture it's more about the paperwork being correct, protecting the management from misconduct charges.

So nothing like European and American bankers then.

Hmm so your talking about the legal system here ? yes i could see that as a worry the way it interprets things without president here.

ahh well theres always the IMF they would im sure be happy to lend they even got paid early last time by the man in dubai.. good record for paying off international debts that one... Ironic huh ?

Insurance companies don't cover high risk clients. ...

... and surely not the gov's bar-girl policies

Sigh nice claim but totally impossible. coffee1.gif

OK a few questions.

1 how will they know how many warehouses there are and where ?

2 how will they know how many tonnes each should have had compared to what it does have ?

3 how will they know what rice is where and what has been moved or sold ?

4 Are all the rice storage facilities able to provide an inventory ?

5 how are they going to tally up figures at these warehouses ? count by hand ?

6 what % are going to be checked 5% 15% 50% 100% and what have been with proof ?

7 who is going to coordinate this into readable or reliable figures ?

8 are these farmers aware of what goes into a proper audit and how long it will take ?

9 Is this just another claim that will never be followed up properly ?

10 What makes people think farmers can check all stock in the country and come up with anything more than a load more confusing half truths and claims than real provable answers ?

Why should they not come up with answers at each warehouse and go to the government and DEMAND the truth.

Farmers may not always be well educated but I assure you they can count.

If the government denies the figures and says they are wrong then the government MUST come up with their figures and in the last 2 1/2 years they have NEVER done that citing that it is a state secret.

Sigh nice claim but totally impossible. coffee1.gif

OK a few questions.

1 how will they know how many warehouses there are and where ?

2 how will they know how many tonnes each should have had compared to what it does have ?

3 how will they know what rice is where and what has been moved or sold ?

4 Are all the rice storage facilities able to provide an inventory ?

5 how are they going to tally up figures at these warehouses ? count by hand ?

6 what % are going to be checked 5% 15% 50% 100% and what have been with proof ?

7 who is going to coordinate this into readable or reliable figures ?

8 are these farmers aware of what goes into a proper audit and how long it will take ?

9 Is this just another claim that will never be followed up properly ?

10 What makes people think farmers can check all stock in the country and come up with anything more than a load more confusing half truths and claims than real provable answers ?

Why should they not come up with answers at each warehouse and go to the government and DEMAND the truth.

Farmers may not always be well educated but I assure you they can count.

If the government denies the figures and says they are wrong then the government MUST come up with their figures and in the last 2 1/2 years they have NEVER done that citing that it is a state secret.

ahh well theres always the IMF they would im sure be happy to lend they even got paid early last time by the man in dubai.. good record for paying off international debts that one... Ironic huh ?

To be ironic, it would have to be true.

The only irony oak is that you even try to imply that Mr T was solely responsible for paying back the IMF loan. Policies & cuts were put in place by the previous government to enable that loan to be repaid early.

One glance at the 500 billion debt that the NAAC has will tell you that the only repayments that have taken place have come from the unsustainable rice sales.

If this were a commercial loan, it would have been called in long ago. It will probably end up going the way of the FIDF if the current administration has any say over it.

To be ironic, it would have to be true.

The only irony oak is that you even try to imply that Mr T was solely responsible for paying back the IMF loan. Policies & cuts were put in place by the previous government to enable that loan to be repaid early.

At the time he tried to imply that he paid it off out of his own pocket too.

I wonder if he will try that again with this shambles.

I take my hat off to the farmers. In the past I was not too impressed with them after

they allowed themselves to be hoodwinked by Thaksin.... I always thought that in

Thailand there was a sort of unwritten rule to never really expose large scale corruption.

Meaning to not rub people's noses in shit when they get caught. It sure seems to me

that upon examination of these warehouses, some serious corruption is going to come

to light. Well more power to them.