Drains/sewage

mathewjg

How come all the drains stink of sewage in Pattaya? Its getting worse and it seems that people are plumbing their waste pipes into the street drainage system. I appreciate it a hot tropical country and will get some smells but really its now disgusting and sooner or later someone will catch something really nasty from it.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How come all the drains stink of sewage in Pattaya? Its getting worse and it seems that people are plumbing their waste pipes into the street drainage system. I appreciate it a hot tropical country and will get some smells but really its now disgusting and sooner or later someone will catch something really nasty from it.

Did you just arrive in Thailand today? Welcome to the Third World tropics...nothing like the smell of sewage on a hot and sunny morning...really cleans out the cobwebs...enjoy!

However, for the best olfactory sewage experience, I find that Bangkok and Patong in Phuket shitz all over Pattaya.

• Like 1

Maybe this is a stupid question but isnt there a mayor or other civic body responsible for infrastructure or even health? I have travelled to many tropical countries but rare to find such a lack of civic interest - pavements are more dangerous in some respects than walking in the road, people dump rubbish on any convenient bit of open land, illegal busines's can operate and then the only thing that the authoritied are concerned about is the sale of alcohol on designated days. Very odd set of priorities.