Windows seven open all folders the same size

chiangrai

Hi,

Before when I opened a folder it would open in the size it was when I closed it.

If I didn't like the size a folder that I opened was i.n I would resize it to what I wanted,close it and when I opened it again it would open in the size I closed it in,the size I wanted it to open in.

Now it always opens in a tiny square and I have to adjust it.Is there anyway I can set it to open in a certain size every time or at least get it back to the way it was before,resetting it by closing it and opening it again.

I'm sure it's easy IF you know how.

That's how my computer used to be but something has changed and that's how like it.

Could I have been upgraded to windows 8,a few other things have changed as well.

Anyway I want to return it to the same as in the video or better still set all folders to open in the same sise,one that I set .

cheesy.gif Chiangrai, you simply amuse me!

Going to Control Panel > System will tell you which edition of Windows you are running. But I think you'd know if you upgraded to Windows 8. It doesn't happen automatically! Besides that, Windows 8 looks radically different!

There are no actual windows settings you make to get your desired behavior. Windows 7 is kind of poor in that aspect. But there are many things that could've caused the change in behavior; i.e. installing a new graphics display adapter, use of a desktop manager or windows manager, multiple monitors, malware, counterfeit software, a change to some folder options, a change to visual effects or performance, a change to windows shell or installation of a shell extension, change to Windows 7 Edition, use of a Windows optimizer, etc... Only you know what could've possibly been done prior to the change in behavior. You should've noticed the change right away.

However according to some users in various forums, Windows 7 can't remember the position and size of the window after they reopen it. So you're not alone! You could try using ShellFolderFix. Basically it's an app to make Windows 7 explorer folder windows remember their size and position. It has a couple of additional features too. It does NOT manage window size/positions for regular applications. If you want that, other apps like DeskSoft's WindowManager can do it. In theory it should work with "WindowManager" simultaneously, if WM is configured to ignore folder windows.

More Info Here ...

Download ShellFolderFix

Since I'm not having any problem with my Windows 7 installations remembering size and position, nor have I ever seen this problem with Windows 7 on other computers. I personally can't confirm how good this app will work for you. According to many users who have tried it, the latest version has fixed the problem and is a life-saver.

Good Luck!

• Like 1