To Post Or Not To Post

Hi

We are gathering the necessary documents to supply to the Embassy and should have everything sorted soon.

Background info short and sweet.

3 year relationship, with myself being in UK 60% and Thailand 40%.

We live in Chiang Mai at the moment and was hoping to apply to Embassy or VFS for VV in a few months but we are pondering on whether to post it or go in person, which would be best?

Another question my GF has funds in 3 accounts acc1 - 1.2millionBHT acc2 - 300,000bht and 100,00bht in some government saving scheme but also initials a lottery.

She intends to sponsor the trip herself (she will be coming for 4 weeks) or course all this money she has is more than enough for the trip, so could these funds also be put down as an incentive to return to Thailand. She also has car and land in her name but no job.

Thanks for ya help all

Ash :o

Ash,

Include evidence of all of your g/f's bank accounts etc. as they are a good incentive to return - why would she want to stay in the UK unlawfully when she's comfortably off in Thailand. Also include evidence of the car and land ownership. I'd also write a covering letter in which you briefly outline your relationship and intentions, including a paragraph on why your g/f must return to Thailand.

Living in Chiang Mai, I'd post the application, using the relevant courier.

Scouse.

Ash,

Include evidence of all of your g/f's bank accounts etc. as they are a good incentive to return - why would she want to stay in the UK unlawfully when she's comfortably off in Thailand. Also include evidence of the car and land ownership. I'd also write a covering letter in which you briefly outline your relationship and intentions, including a paragraph on why your g/f must return to Thailand.

Living in Chiang Mai, I'd post the application, using the relevant courier.

Scouse.

Reason for my question is, if the VFS/Embassy require an interview that will be within a few days of the application being reviewed right? so if so, that would mean we would have to go down to bangkok for the interview.

So in you opiniom there not much diff ny applying by post or in person :o

I don't know how long the current waiting time for interviews is. It's possible that it might be a fair few weeks in which case you'd face having to make 2 trips instead of the one.

Scouse.

Are I see I thought if you went in person and and interview was needed you only had to wait a few days.

Or am I getting confussed about if you succed you get you PP back in a few days?

CHeers Scouse :o

Cute pic by the way wish I had one too but Im' bit young.

Ash

My girlfriend is reapplying after an initial knock back in January. She was faced with 2 trips to Bangkok, as with the outsourcing in place, if an interview is required it seems not to take place the same day.

She didnt like the idea of posting her passport and a lot of personal info from myself, so she called them, and they gave her details of their office/agent in Chiang Mai. Try calling them, it was a bit hard to understand all the details over the phone.

Application went in last week, fingers crossed!

Iain

Ash

My girlfriend is reapplying after an initial knock back in January. She was faced with 2 trips to Bangkok, as with the outsourcing in place, if an interview is required it seems not to take place the same day.

She didnt like the idea of posting her passport and a lot of personal info from myself, so she called them, and they gave her details of their office/agent in Chiang Mai. Try calling them, it was a bit hard to understand all the details over the phone.

Application went in last week, fingers crossed!

Iain

We're going to use the courier service once we're ready to send ours off should be safe enough. Oh I sent you a PM by the way.

Ash