Koh Lanta beaches

reflectionx

First time in Lanta, arter reading some reviews, we decided that Kantiang is our beach. Well, after two freaking hours to cross 2 few-hundred meters water passages (I really have no clue who on Earth would want to leave in a place that takes 4 hours just to get in and out), we were hugely disappointed to discover muddy waters and dangerously rocky bottom. There were barely 3-4 folks who were brave enough to take a bath. I read somewhere that it was voted one of the best tropical beaches - just wonder where do these folks who voted got their dope?

Question is, which beach has clear waters and the least chances of scratching or breaking ones feet? We like the beaches that are Hong Islands or Koh Lipe style, but anything that doesn't make me vomit when I look at it and is safe for my family would do the trick.

Thanks.

Sent via the app thingy

Went to Koh Lanta about 20 years ago, stayed roughly half way down the West coast. Dirt track all the way down, small bungalow on the beach with palm branch roof - 60 Baht. Nice beaches but not the best.

There was a small island called Koh Bulone (?) further south from Lanta, now that had really nice beaches. Could see Taratao from there.

I guess its all changed now though....sad.png

Those were the days.

• 2 weeks later...

We had new moon a week ago and high tide mid day and this hampers the ferry operation. The biggest ferry is not in service during high tides, as the cars cannot get on it. The tides are highest during new and full moon. The big car ferry will be taken out of service for about 3 hours during high tide and this causes long queues with waiting cars.

Sorry, you went to the wrong beach. Try long beach or klong dao beach with soft and white sand.

if you are looking for beaches and water similar to hong and lipe island you need to go a little further down the coast ko kradan and ko muk,my opinion is ko lanta is to near the coastline to get these beautiful crystal clear water.