Parking at VFS Global Bangkok?

Hi guys,

My wife has an appointment on Monday at the VFS Global office for her UK visitor visa. We will be driving from Khon Kaen and I'm not very familiar with Bangkok so I was wondering if I can park at the VFS Global site?

I have looked on their website but it doesn't (from what I can see) mention anything about parking. If parking is an issue I will need to make a plan to dump the car and take a taxi to the office.

Thanks in advance! biggrin.png

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated!

I think I will take the good advice of parking near a outer city skytrain station and head in that way. thumbsup.gif

Thanks again!

Yes, the advice suggesting parking on the outskirts of town then taking the BTS in is very good advice especially if you are not familiar with Bangkok. I personally have always been lazy to get out my car and due to my familiarity with Bangkok, also knowing full well that parking is both readily available and cheap in most places (if parking is not an option at a particular building, embassy, soi or wherever there is always a parking option nearby in my experience)...nowadays, thanks in part to the protests I also seek to park somewhere else and just take the skytrain...there is simply no reason to battle traffic, avoid roadblocks and the like just due to laziness. Overall, it's a lot faster just to take the skytrain or subway in and that's what it was built for. During the height of the protest movement between the 13th of last month and the elections I simply barely drove into the city at all as there was no way of knowing which intersections were blocked (apart from the ones already publicized as being blocked) and generally the surrounding areas of these blocked intersections would also be blocked too. Now a couple of them have been dismantled, but I think I'll stick to using the skytrain anyway.

Another option to save some time is: once you drive to the end of the eastern outer ring road, follow the signs towards Bang Na and then immediately keep left after getting off the overpass which veers right onto Bang Na-Trad road. You'll see MEGA Bang Na and IKEA on the left. Park there. It's free, even if you keep your car parked there all day. Then catch a free shuttle bus that operates to Udom Suk station, with departures every half an hour or 45 mins so, I believe. The shuttle bus operates between 7am and 11pm. Then, once at Udom Suk station get off the shuttle bus and catch the skytrain to your final destination. Once you're finished, do the same trip in reverse. Cheap and easy.