60 day extension on a 30 day stamp..

Is this possible for me? I am a UK citizen, married to a Thai. I do not wish to stay any longer than 2 months this time around. I know ideally I should apply for a tourist visa, but I really do not want to deal with London now visas by post have been discontinued at the consulates.

Any ideas?

You need to go out from Thailand at a border you can get 15day at time and make it 2time so you get 30day more.If you need more you hawe to go to an Embassy ore Consulate outside of Thailand.I dont now where you stay but here in north hawe many checkpoints nearby to go in a day ore 2

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any type of entry. But if you don't don't have a ticket out of the country within 30 days you can be denied boarding your flight.

The embassy accepts mail in applications now instead of the consulates. See: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Getting a single entry tourist visa should not be a problem.

If you don't have a ticket within 30 days and are stopped you could rush around to get a onward ticket to a nearby country within 30 days. Or you could look on airasia.com and buy one before leaving. You can at times find them so cheap that you could toss them and not loose a lot money.

Yes, I was wondering about being denied boarding. Suppose I should swallow my pride and try those 'delightful' folk at the Embassy. Thanks anyway, folks.

You can buy a new ticket.If you want to stay.I make the same sometime from Sweden and if you hawe a new ticket its not a problem four you

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife for any type of entry. But if you don't don't have a ticket out of the country within 30 days you can be denied boarding your flight.

The embassy accepts mail in applications now instead of the consulates. See: http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/401

Getting a single entry tourist visa should not be a problem.

Is that a 1 time extension? Or can you use that option again in the future?