'Operation Valentine' not designed to disperse protesters: CMPO

webfact

OPERATION VALENTINE
Operation not designed to disperse protesters: CMPO

BANGKOK: -- The police's Operation Valentine executed on Friday did not intend to disperse anti-government protesters but to apprehend rally leaders who have arrest warrants over their heads and who are hiding among the protesters, a member of government's Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) said.

Tarit Pengdith, who is also director of the Department of Special Investigation, said Friday that security guards of the rally could be arrested if they resisted.

He was speaking after hundreds of police in riot gear tried to "reclaim" rally sites at Makkhawan Bridge and Chaeng Wattana on Friday morning.

The operation, dubbed Operation Valentine, faced no resistance from protesters at those sites. The highest tension was at the Chaeng Wattana rally site when columns of police moved towards the protesters and stopped just about 100 metres away from them.

Remaining calm, the protesters started praying while others asked police why they had to try to disperse the protest today, Makha Bucha Day and a major Buddhist holiday.

Tarit claimed the operation proceeded peacefully with the suspects and security guards abandoning the sites.

"Police inspections at the sites found many illegal objects such as weapons, drugs and bomb elements. The operations will continue at the proper time to crackdown on the suspects," he said.

He dismissed reports that police and protest leaders secretly made an agreement so that there would be no confrontation.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-14

"Operation not designed to disperse protesters: CMPO"

So, in simple terms, a complete and utter failure.

Just a few tents, barriers and sandbags moved. Oh dear and I was expecting more from Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain,Cabernet Minister Chalerm.

BANGKOK: -- The government has seized back the Government House without any resistance from the protesters, including their leaders, who escaped before the polices arrival.

Just a few tents, barriers and sandbags moved. Oh dear and I was expecting more from Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister Police Captain,Cabernet Minister Chalerm.

BANGKOK: -- The government has seized back the Government House without any resistance from the protesters, including their leaders, who escaped before the polices arrival.

But for how long? It is probably back with the protesters already.

Ye but they claimed to be trying to arrest the leaders, So how many did they catch?

" The police's Operation Valentine executed on Friday did not intend to disperse anti-government protesters but to apprehend rally leaders who have arrest warrants over their heads and who are hiding among the protesters, a member of government's Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) said. "

So it wasn't a success then ?

I think one should always expect less, not more, from the caretaker Labour Minister, who IIRC was fired by his boss (can't say whether Yingluck or the Big-Boss) as a Deputy-PM some time ago, what an appalling loss-of-face for the poor man. facepalm.gif

That's based on his many promises to achieve something-or-other within 90-days, I can't recall when he last actually delivered upon one, but that's PTP for you ! laugh.png

• Like 2

The police's Operation Valentine executed on Friday did not intend to disperse anti-government protesters but to apprehend

insurrectionist tents and bags, pose for a few photos with a few vaguely weapon-like objects and try, disastrously, to justify the need for the State of Emergency.

Another resounding success for CMPO clap2.gif

• Like 2

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Posts have been removed.

• Like 1

Again.... "Operation not designed to disperse protesters: CMPO"

Yet this morning's message from Chalerm was to reclaim all sites, and arrest all involved in blocking the action, using his hugely mounted police operation.

Well fk me..... either he was pissed up this morning, or he's a really incompetent boss (or could it be both??)...

• Like 1

Cabernet!

I realise that's probably a Typo - but nevertheless totally appropriate!

Patrick

BP is reporting in today's operation the Police took back the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge rally site with little resistance.

Regards Chaeng Watthana it occurred to me that the police may of advanced there in part to keep pressure on many sites and avoid movements by the people and guards known as protestors from shifting around to support other sites. At the same time testing further Issara.

Other reports are saying the police plan to move again tomorrow against the people and guards known as protestors at Chaeng Watthana, Government House and the Interior Ministry.

Today was a prelude and typical of the soft approach taken by the government so far leaving it to the people and guards known as protestors to use violence. Sounds also like Issara is determined to invite a serious confrontation. He certainly deserves one.

Seems painfully slow process but reminds me of Chinese water torture - water dripping on a stone- drip, drip, dripping wearing down the stone.

I would not want to be on the PDRC side of those barricades tonight and in days ahead.

Edited by LadPhrao123

BP is reporting in today's operation the Police took back the Makkhawan Rangsan Bridge rally site with little resistance.

Regards Chaeng Watthana it occurred to me that the police may of advanced there in part to keep pressure on many sites and avoid movements by the people and guards known as protestors from shifting around to support other sites. At the same time testing further Issara.

Other reports are saying the police plan to move again tomorrow against the people and guards known as protestors at Chaeng Watthana, Government House and the Interior Ministry.

Today was a prelude and typical of the soft approach taken by the government so far leaving it to the people and guards known as protestors to use violence. Sounds also like Issara is determined to invite a serious confrontation. He certainly deserves one.

Seems painfully slow process but reminds me of Chinese water torture - water dripping on a stone- drip, drip, dripping wearing down the stone.

I would not want to be on the PDRC side of those barricades tonight and in days ahead.

Well said.

The authorities have been at it today since before dawn. Unlike Suthep's people in the streets and at TVF, the authorities know when to stop. Tomorrow is another day in what will be a series of days.

Police conducted their operations during daylight hours, under full scrutiny of everyone, to include international observers, media and the like.

It is prudent to suspend operations of this nature which necessarily are high stress operations conducted under continuous scrutiny, and operations appear to have been suspended as the daylight hours ended.

It's also clear that authorities have decided to arrest the insurrectionist leaders and that the decision to begin to move now against the anarchists, coming as it has after the Constitutional Court decision earlier in the week not to hear the case to nullify the Feb 2nd elections, means the government very likely expects to be around a while yet. Much longer than the voices of insurrection here might expect.

• Like 2

Well said.

The authorities have been at it today since before dawn. Unlike Suthep's people in the streets and at TVF, the authorities know when to stop. Tomorrow is another day in what will be a series of days.

Police conducted their operations during daylight hours, under full scrutiny of everyone, to include international observers, media and the like.

It is prudent to suspend operations of this nature which necessarily are high stress operations conducted under continuous scrutiny, and operations appear to have been suspended as the daylight hours ended.

It's also clear that authorities have decided to arrest the insurrectionist leaders and that the decision to begin to move now against the anarchists, coming as it has after the Constitutional Court decision earlier in the week not to hear the case to nullify the Feb 2nd elections, means the government very likely expects to be around a while yet. Much longer than the voices of insurrection here might expect.

Right, So you don't believe it was actually a cock up starting on a major religious day then backing down from clearing the ONLY site's that were either empty or that had a Monk at it?

Well said.

It is now long weekend and numbers of protesters likely to double if not more.

Chalerm flopped again and will flop again if try tomorrow.

They are not up against mindless peasants , but up against seasoned, well educated and backed group.

At Cheang Watthana, people simply were advised to pray, tomorrow, they will do the same and again will look like fools.

Leaders left sites way before police arrived, why? because leaders knew even before the foot soldiers what was going to happen, just as leaders know today already what you will read tomorrow.

I find it hard to believe that some people still under some illusion that Suthep and Co are not well prepared and well backed and not ONLY financially.

"Police inspections at the sites found many illegal objects such as weapons, drugs and bomb elements. The operations will continue at the proper time to crackdown on the suspects," he said.

Here the yield of Today (see pic)
Far more illegal objects they would have found at each street vendor on the Sukumvit.
Btw: What does it cost the taxpayer an insert with 1,000 police officers and 100 vehicles per day?
That was neither effective nor efficient.

post-151287-0-54612900-1392393760_thumb.

We are sick and tired of Yingluck and Chalerm's gang lying and retracting their statements because the things they say will happen do not happen.

Of course they wanted to disperse the protesters!!!! What an idiotic lie. Chalerm said before that he had organized a crack team of police to infiltrate and arrest the nineteen protesters who had arrest warrants outstanding.

Now he changes his story and says let's bring in a mass battalion of police to arrest them?! How old is Chalerm, 7? This is how 7 year olds lie.

Hey, Chalerm, Khun Y, grow a pair will ya? If something does not work or looks fishy just admit what your real intentions are and stop trying to COVER UP THE TRUTH. Makes you look even stupider....