Suthep spurns talks with government

webfact

2-13-2014-9-27-10-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban has spurned the idea of a national government or the suggestion that a neutral person be brought in to mediate the ongoing conflict between the government and the People’s Democratic Reform Committee.

Addressing the protesting audience at Pathumwan stage Friday night, PDRC secretary-general Suthep said it was pointless for him to talk with caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra again because he had already held talks with her once with the military top brass witnessing and he found out that the prime minister could not think by herself.

“I am not that crazy to talk with a puppet with someone pulling the strings from behind. And me talking with Thaksin (fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra), he cannot enter the country because he is a fugitive and I cannot leave the country bedcause there are warrants for my arrest because I was charged with sedition and barred from leaving the country or I cannot get out of the great mass of the people,” said Suthep.

About the suggestion of a neutral person to mediate the conflict, the protest leader asked who that neutral person is who can be trusted or who can speak on behalf of Thaksin or on behalf of the great mass of the people. “Even for me, I cannot speak on behalf of the people because I am just a medium of the people,” he said.

He told all the well wishers who have come up with several suggestions to resolve the political conflict to understand the facts about the conflict. “We fight for the nation’s interests and not for our benefits. If we are successful in our fight, then we all return home and there is no need for bargaining. Simply said, let Yingluck go away and set up a people’s government and people’s assembly to draw up the reform blueprint which will take 12-18 months,” he said.

Suthep said the PDRC had resolved with determination that this would be a win or lose battle. “If we lost, we all go to the jails. But if we won, our children grandchildren will have a future,” he told the crowd.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-spurns-talks-government/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

• Like 2

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's ironic seeing these words come from the mouth of the ultimate puppet.

Could well be a puppet but the ultimate one? No.

I wouldn't want him in charge but he did say (for what it is worth) some months ago that this was his last hurrah. I hope he means that.

Suthep is his own man.

Yingluck and the entire PTP as well as the police are the ones who are puppets and Thaksin is the only one pulling the strings.

No proof that Suthep is anyone's puppet..... loads of proof all the others are.

Get used to it.

Did you recite the required number of "man from Dubai" chants before you posted the standard cliches?

That Suthep is a puppet of much larger reactionary forces is hardly a controversial statement on any side of the spectrum. Who exactly do you think is backing him? And, please don't say "the people" ...

SETHUP IS A MENACE Good luck Yingluck

post-185060-0-28526900-1392423807_thumb.

• Like 1

Thaksin got things done he was beginning to change Thailand for the GOOD. BUT?? the rich elite,the old boys elite, the civil service,the courts they didn't think much of change, cunning solution ARMY COUP! All the charges against him Politically motivated! Come back please, do put the cat amongst the Pigeons

• Like 1

Suthep is his own man.

Yingluck and the entire PTP as well as the police are the ones who are puppets and Thaksin is the only one pulling the strings.

Get used to it.

ok just out of interest what proof is there that thaksin is pulling the strings.

• Like 2

There's a large amount of fairly accessible data beyond Thai Visa which gives a reasonable indication of what the desired endgame might be. Those who swallow the "reform"mantra are, to steal a phrase from Karl Marx, "useful idiots".

And no, this is not red propaganda before the cliches are rolled out, or anything to do with people in the pay of the "man from Dubai".

I'm all ears. Please provide the links for the reasonable indications and desired end game you mention. I am sure many others will be interested too. Please POST the links.

• Like 1

“If we lost, we all go to the jails. But if we won, our children grandchildren will have a future,” he told the crowd.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

Ok, I think that even Suthep knows the way out of this ridiculous crisis.

Since he already lost, let him go to prison, and everything goes back to normal. Perfect smile.png

(What a very poor English, by the way. He should educate himself a bit)

Sent from my iPhone...

Blame the PBS translators. He was talking in perfect Thai language.

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

Since he already lost, let him go to prison, and everything goes back to normal. Perfect :)

You think your perception of 'normal' is good for the long term health, wealth and happiness of the Thai people?

NORMAL under a shin government is perfect for you? $6.1bn losses per annum in rice is acceptable to you? (This is the best example of mismanagement but is only the tip of the iceberg).

You mentioned 'I think''. Well do you really think? Have you really thought about what is happening to this country. Do you really give a flying sh1t. From previous posts I read I suspect as soon as the going gets really tough you'll be on the first plane out seeking normal and perfect elsewhere.

If I am wrong let's hear how dedicated you are regarding the long term future and prosperity of this country.

• Like 2

Suthep is his own man.

Get used to it.

Want to bet ?

Hes just the front man.

google, powerful forces revealed behind thai protest movement reuters

No proof lol no not in Thailand. Censorship laws prohibit certain discussions here so go look where it dosnt apply. wai2.gif

Your powerful forces are two retired Generals? That's common knowledge and has been since the beginning, Same on the pro-Govt side.

You need to be looking further up the chain of command, right to nearly the very top, on both sides, then you'll get a glimmer of what's really happening here.

• Like 1

jollyman, on 15 Feb 2014 - 07:27, said:jollyman, on 15 Feb 2014 - 07:27, said:

Thaksin got things done he was beginning to change Thailand for the GOOD. BUT?? the rich elite,the old boys elite, the civil service,the courts they didn't think much of change, cunning solution ARMY COUP! All the charges against him Politically motivated! Come back please, do put the cat amongst the Pigeons

If you love him so much, PLEASE, take him to Mongolia, along with his sister, that you seem to adore, to keep you company.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

puppet of who?

puppet of the educated middleclass+farmer+labor unions?

"puppet of who?

puppet of the educated middleclass+farmer+labor unions?"

Suthep is a puppet of the same people who sent Sondhi Limthongkul 'in to battle' a few years ago. I suspect Suthep will suffer the same 'tampon' experience as Sondhi,used,bloodied and discarded.

Edited by PREM-R
  • Like 1

2-13-2014-9-27-10-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

“If we lost, we all go to the jails. But if we won, our children grandchildren will have a future,” he told the crowd.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

Since he already lost, let him go to prison, and everything goes back to normal. Perfect smile.png

(What a very poor English, by the way. He should educate himself a bit)

Sent from my iPhone...

..."what a very poor English" ...?! ... and that's after you've already edited your post...??

• Like 2

Suthep is his own man.

Get used to it.

Did you recite the required number of "man from Dubai" chants before you posted the standard cliches?

That Suthep is a puppet of much larger reactionary forces is hardly a controversial statement on any side of the spectrum. Who exactly do you think is backing him? And, please don't say "the people" ...

So you are saying that leaked list of backers is incomplete. Grow some balls and state here who you think is missing from the list. If not shut your mouth and crawl back under your rock.

Suthep is his own man.

Get used to it.

When you want to be a dictator you do not care for nuetral parties to be involved in negotiations. Otherwise he'd have no control over the outcome.

• Like 1

jollyman, on 15 Feb 2014 - 07:27, said:jollyman, on 15 Feb 2014 - 07:27, said:

If you love him so much, PLEASE, take him to Mongolia, along with his sister, that you seem to adore, to keep you company.

Well we would welcome them there a great asset we would also find a tent for you in the fiorrest Keep it going Yingluck

Suthep is doing what he has to do.

If you were in his shoes, what would you do? Obviously the guy has the support of A LOT OF PEOPLE.... his methods might not be ideal, but what would your alternative be?

There are a lot of critics here, but not that many people who have better ideas of solving all this shit.

Give the man a break... the poor Pied Piper!!! lols

• Like 1