True Internet Tales--a Tale Of Deceit

gguy

I use True High Speed Internet in my apartment building in Pattaya. The internet comes through a True server connected to the apartment's internal phone system. I do not have an outside phone line.

The server has gone done at least 10 times in the last three months. It takes 2 to 3 days for a repairman to come to fix the server. I also have all the other True problems when the server is working.

Customer service now tells you that a virus on your computer will not allow internet access. I have an Apple computer with Intego antivirus software running constantly. I scan every day and I do not have any viruses.

Luckily, I caught the repairman today. I told him about my viruses. He laughed and reset the server and said your internet OK now. The repairman told me he had to fix the server at least once a week and he requested a new server for the building. He showed me the work order request. Management said no money.

I called customer service again and she said that the server was OK (this was before the repairman fixed) and said I have a virus. After the repair, I then handed my mobile to the repairman and he explained what he did. The customer service rep then began crying and said she was told by management to tell the "virus story" to apartment customers who complained. She said she was sorry but needed a job.

I contacted 7 other True users in the building. Their stories are the same as mind.

RIDDLE: HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN TRUE IS LIEING?

ANSWER: THEIR LIPS MOVE

My internet is working and I will investigate other ISPs.

Beware of True.

Is this Center Condo ??

A friend of mine was told the same story just yesterday.

You may have a hard time getting a private phone line installed,but if you can get a TOT line and go for the Cybergold package.

Edited by johng

It is Center Condo.

What is the speed and cost of Cybergold?

I hear the Condo charges 3000 Baht on top of TTT or TOT installation charges.

I have been able to contact another 6 people in the building. They all have the same problem.

True just mailed their bills. When I was down picking up my mail, I noted other tenants with True invoices in mail slot. All the people I contacted have the same problem. All of them seemed to be happy to vent.

It was very satisfying to catch them in their lie. It is very rare in Thailand to expose a lie.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there are so many True customers in one building, and you suspect that True's problem is the server, then take up a collection to buy a new server.... and maintain it yourself. Just a thought.

Edited by Gumballl

Cost of TOT Cybergold is 1,000 baht/month for 1024/512 so cheaper than your current service.

( if I remember correctly )

Maybe if all you unhappy residents got together and complained to the building management. :D

huh ohh well, never mind I hear the management there are " not so good " :o but maybe worth a try.

Also remember that it only takes the slightest bit of rain to knock everything out,so it may not be totally Trues fault TiT :D

The problem is the server. If True does not want to repair or replace the server that is fine with me, just do not lie or try to place the blame on the customer.

If True wants to screw over its customers, TIT.

After reflexatiion, I think in many ways True symbolizes the current state of business in Thailand.

The basic business model is Thailand is maximize the profit on the first sale. Customer service does not matter.

Building a model based on repeat business is not necessary.

Since there is no real competition in Thailand except in the export industry, companies can do whatever they want.

True realizes that it costs the customer money to change internet providers, you may have to install a new telephone line, installation, modems, and long term contracts. You really do not know if the service with the new provider is any better. In the West, monopolies are regulated on price and service quality and there are real government consumer agencies that offer protection. There is no protection in Thailand.

I think lieing is part of the Thai culture. When you go into a retail store, the staff will lie to you if they do not know the answer. Since you can not return products in Thailand, there is no downside to lieing to the customer. If you made a major purchase in Thailand, it takes at least double the time as in the West. You must verify the facts with numerous sources because in Thailand you can not trust anyone.

UPDATE

The server when down again today. It was up for 12 hours.

The repairman finally fixed after three hours. The repairman came right away.

It seems that 10 to 12 unhappy customers call immediately after each outage now. It seems to be tying up the True Internet Customer Service Lines. The customers call every 15 minutes to complain. I get the impression that some of the customers are very "rude" and just keep talking and complaining until they are cut off by True. It is my understanding the customers then recall to complain. I think True logged over 100 calls on the last outage.

I personally think this practice of complaining to be outrageous to our friends at True. They collect 1500B per month for over 39 customers for no service. Don't the farangs recognize that True has expenses and people should settle for the service True gives them. One hour per day is enough for the farang. I think True should double prices and reduce service further to teach the farang a lesson.