can someone explain

salavan

hi

i know the subject of noise has been talked about a lot on this site what im really interested in knowing is why thai's have their mucic so loud

for example when the resturant half a kilometer away or my neibour playes music its so loud it makes the walls shake, it seems to be only thai men that play their music this loud, im curious about this could it be a male macho thing as thai women rarely play loud music or is it simply because they are deaf, it would be nice to hear some sort of an explantion from a thai person reading this

There is no reason for this apart from once they are in their property they feel that nothing outside of it matters. This could be playing loud music, do construction at anytime of the day or shouting at their other half at high volume when they are drunk. Not alot can be done, even telling the police is useless, unless you actually know one with some authority. I find the advertising pick-ups one of the most annoying noise pollution making problems here in Thailand.

There is no reason for this apart from once they are in their property they feel that nothing outside of it matters. This could be playing loud music, do construction at anytime of the day or shouting at their other half at high volume when they are drunk. Not alot can be done, even telling the police is useless, unless you actually know one with some authority. I find the advertising pick-ups one of the most annoying noise pollution making problems here in Thailand.

Spot on. Noise pollution is one of the major irritants of life in Thailand. But it's outweighed by the good things! I picked my Bangkok condo carefully - my room has no connecting walls and I don't hear a peep from anyone or anywhere.

but why so loud doest it hurt their ears it would mine

My mrs plays loud music because someone or something has pissed her off, believe me you dont want to. have to endure this on full pelt.

I've had to endure this crap for more years than I care to remember.

It drowns out the background noise as pointed out above of barking dogs and pick-ups.

Best you move out of a loso area.

My mrs plays loud music because someone or something has pissed her off, believe me you dont want to. have to endure this on full pelt.

I've had to endure this crap for more years than I care to remember.

It drowns out the background noise as pointed out above of barking dogs and pick-ups.

Best you move out of a loso area.

so she has got a reason at least, i guess when she's not pissed off she play it normaly

^^^^^,

I honestly dont know, but the prick who rocked up the other day was most pissed off when my mrs pulled out this, and cranked it up, thankfully as a mia farang her stereo system could knock out more killer watts than his poxy 50 watts per channel pick-up could.

Invest in this, sovles all your problems, what an album.

There may well be a genetic factor here as well.

Fact is they just like it that way, just like kids out clubbing or at a rock concert. Difference is they don't grow out of it, to them LOUD NOISE = fun fun fun and of course they want to share that fun with everyone around.