Getting a triple entry tourist visa from hull while in Thailand

Does anyone know if it would be possible to post my passport back to a friend in the uk so he could do a postal application for a triple entry tourist visa for me and then post my passport back here to Thailand ?

That would not be legal. You cannot obtain a visa for Thailand while in the country.

If you did do it there is good chance that immigration would notice it on departure or entry when you tried to use it,

Thanks Joe , I thought it seemed to good an idea !

Yes, the only legal way to do that is if you have 2 current passports, same nationality or different nationality. The passport that was not presented to immigration on current stay could be sent to the UK for a visa. However, the passport that one entered Thailand with on current stay and carrying current entry stamps cannot be sent to the UK for a visa.

I have 2 UK passports due to my work and I frequently send the 'unused' one to get a visa for another country while I am in Thailand. I also was in Thailand on a Non-O visa and sent my other passport to the UK for a Non-B visa (for new employment). On receiving the passport with the Non-B, I departed Thailand using the Non-O passport and re-entered on the one with the new Non-B visa.

Edited by NanLaew

That would not be legal. You cannot obtain a visa for Thailand while in the country.

If you did do it there is good chance that immigration would notice it on departure or entry when you tried to use it,

Also, if you think about it, you would be in Thailand with a visa that had been issued in the UK after your last entry stamp. How would you use it to enter the country that you're already in?

Also, if you think about it, you would be in Thailand with a visa that had been issued in the UK after your last entry stamp. How would you use it to enter the country that you're already in?

That part would be no problem as I would go to Laos , so would have exit stamp in my passport .

On return to Thailand the new triple entry visa would be activated instead of free 30 day admission

That part would be no problem as I would go to Laos , so would have exit stamp in my passport .

On return to Thailand the new triple entry visa would be activated instead of free 30 day admission

OK, so you'd go to Laos first, then post your passport?

Slightly better, but still no exit stamp from Laos to show that you'd returned to the UK where the visa was issued.

I think they'd spot that.

Don't you have any other (legal) options?

And that is when the immigration officer looks at your visa recently issued in the Uk while you were inside Thailand and says gotcha.

Yes, the only legal way to do that is if you have 2 current passports, same nationality or different nationality. The passport that was not presented to immigration on current stay could be sent to the UK for a visa. However, the passport that one entered Thailand with on current stay and carrying current entry stamps cannot be sent to the UK for a visa.

I have 2 UK passports due to my work and I frequently send the 'unused' one to get a visa for another country while I am in Thailand. I also was in Thailand on a Non-O visa and sent my other passport to the UK for a Non-B visa (for new employment). On receiving the passport with the Non-B, I departed Thailand using the Non-O passport and re-entered on the one with the new Non-B visa.

This example that you described is probably the, or one of the reasons, why the Thai Embassy

in London has now prohibited all the Thai Consulates in the UK to accept any postal applications

since the 15th January 2014.

http://www.thailand-visa.com

This example that you described is probably the, or one of the reasons, why the Thai Embassy

in London has now prohibited all the Thai Consulates in the UK to accept any postal applications

since the 15th January 2014.

http://www.thailand-visa.com

Huh? Applying for a non-immigrant visa in my second passport in my home country while overseas? They didn't know I was working in Malaysia when the application was being processed and approved. I could have been at home in Aucthermuchty watching the telly for all they cared.

I think the recent clamp down is more about tightening the screws on the burgeoning group of not-so-well-of and border-line undesirable Brits that seem intent in becoming resident tourists in LOS without really having a pot to piss in.

Note that the new requirement to show the thickness of your wedge has not been seen in any Hon Thai Consulates in most European countries and certainly not in the US.