State of the men on Nana

Jameskrabi

Was the wife who pointed this out . Unshaven, wearing torn clothes and so on "in her words" kinook"

What on earth make them go out like this rather than sorting themselves out?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They pay, they don't need to look good.

That's how men think anyway.

Practical.

I maintain my dapper demeanour out of preference, not need.

SC

But are you a tourist patron of soi Nana?

Soi Nana like most upper Sukhumvit is nothing less than a cheap version of Las Vegas.

The Hangover was not set in Bangkok for nothing.

• Like 1

Practical.

SC

Soi Nana like most upper Sukhumvit is nothing less than a cheap version of Las Vegas.

Well, we all have our prejudices, but I was down there meeting former colleagues. I don't know about the other people in the pub.

SC

Practical.

SC

Well, we all have our prejudices, but I was down there meeting former colleagues. I don't know about the other people in the pub.

SC

I am just looking at the businesses down there : bars, nightclubs, massage parlors with ladies touting you for "special massages", restaurants, etc.

SC

I am just looking at the businesses down there : bars, nightclubs, massage parlors with ladies touting you for "special massages", restaurants, etc.

I think restaurants are OK. My mother has eaten in restaurants.

We can all find things that displease us wherever we go. One of the things that I think could be improved upon is that I would like to see cars and motorcycles parked nearer the kerb, and ideally, not on corners or obstructing junctions. But I don't condemn people for drinking where the cars are badly parked.

SC

SC

We can all find things that displease us wherever we go. One of the things that I think could be improved upon is that I would like to see cars and motorcycles parked nearer the kerb, and ideally, not on corners or obstructing junctions. But I don't condemn people for drinking where the cars are badly parked.

SC

I am not passing a judgment

I am saying men on Soi Nana are not all just there for restaurants.

And if they don't care what they look like, its because they are out partying wild hangover style, so ripped clothes are part of the look.

• Like 1

...I am just looking at the businesses down there : bars, nightclubs, massage parlors with ladies touting you for "special massages", restaurants, etc.

SC

And if they don't care what they look like, its because they are out partying wild hangover style, so ripped clothes are part of the look.

I don't know how many blokes that drink around Nana you know, but of the five of us, I don't think any of us had ripped clothes, though to be fair, my socks are wearing a bit thin.

You carry on propagating your prejudices and stereotypes, but I think they reflect worse on you than on those of us that drink in the lower Sois

SC

EDIT: and for clarity, we drank beer and ate food. I don't know what you do when you are out in lower Sukhumvit.

Edited by StreetCowboy

...I am just looking at the businesses down there : bars, nightclubs, massage parlors with ladies touting you for "special massages", restaurants, etc.

SC

I don't know how many blokes that drink around Nana you know, but of the five of us, I don't think any of us had ripped clothes, though to be fair, my socks are wearing a bit thin.

You carry on propagating your prejudices and stereotypes, but I think they reflect worse on you than on those of us that drink in the lower Sois

SC

EDIT: and for clarity, we drank beer and ate food. I don't know what you do when you are out in lower Sukhumvit.

lol

I am not saying you have ripped clothes !

Or even ALL of people in Nana have ripped clothes.

I'm just trying to answer the OP

there is nothing wrong with ripped clothes

lovethem

OKay. So we're clear that some Western blokes that go to Nana are decently attired without ripped clothes.

Some of us go there to drink beer and eat food with our friends.

Contemptible, or what?

SC

God

Stop being so self centered

The topic is about the guys on Nana with ripped clothes

Obviously there are other people on Nana who don't have ripped clothes

And probably you are part of them

But the topic is about these people with torn clothes and why it is that way.

Some people go out and don't give a toss what people think of them.

Some people think ripped clothes are fashionable.

Some people are barely one step up from homeless and prefer to spend their last few baht on booze and girls rather than clothes.

To all I say live and let live, why would you care?

Well, falangs there in Bangkok on Nana probably look the same in their hometowns...a scruffy lot to begin with. Most never had any social skills such as washing up, shaving or shining shoes. Why be surprised?

I find the falangs here where I live (Udon) in a better state of repair, much happier, and not slithering around red light areas. We do have on little street with a congregation of wayward travellers that stop over (probably on the way to Laos). You can tell by their appearance that they dwell near Nana.

Bet your wife wouldn't kick him out of bed for being "Unshaven, wearing torn clothes and so on"

David+Beckham+Jeans+Classic+Jeans+4hu9PL

She might ask why he is wearing a jumper, Jeans and shoes and not tight shorts, flip flops with white knee high socks and the all important grey Chang wife beater with side elevation of tit
  • Like 1

As long as the wallet is dripping with 1000B notes, I'd wager your wife wouldn't be so judgemental then.

Were you in top hat and tails when you met her?

Statement speaks for itself, eh? I be the Nana prostitutes and pimps love taking your sticky money out of your wallet while holding their noses.

I find the falangs here where I live (Udon) in a better state of repair, much happier, and not slithering around red light areas.

Not since meeting their Wives in such areas of course.

Never met your wife..so I do not follow. Mine works in a furniture shop and owns a resort in Mae Hong son. Time for some people to get out of that mind set....

• Like 1