Suthep vows to shut PM out of Govt House, taunts Chalerm

webfact

Steve, I don't know enough about all insights in Thai Politics, but I only see that coruption is everywhere and not limited to ONE party. Common sense should prevail, parties should join in fighting corruption and sharing wealth, and create vision for that ONE Thailand. Yingluck may have done many things wrong, but Abhisit had his chance (as a minority government) but did NO better. He also enriched himself, had his family prevail, etc.etc. . And no minority should rule a country. The so called Aristocrat-families should start sharing their wealth and power. The present situation has NO winners, only loosers. The easy answer of kicking out Shinawatra-clan will only create another family-clan urpression!! Democracy is NOT about winner-take-all. That is something that Thai should learn. Democracy is about comprimising and sharing!!

Anarchy still rules Thailand. It's sad to see people applauding rebels like Suthep. With a smile on their faces a minority of Thai is frustrating, disrupting the democratic processes and the economy of the whole of Thailand. How do they say that again?: "Two wrongs don't make a right"! Wake up Thailand, please!!!

Something is very wrong in Thai society and Thai politics, but this is not the way to solve it!!!

Responsible politicians should get around he table, talk, negotiate, compromise, look for win-win solutions and show vision.

At the moment Thailand produces only looser, no winners. Once more Thai, wake up before this escalates and the country-of-the Smile looses it's Smile completely!

I can resolve things.

Get rid of Yingluck as she had over half a term in office and failed spectacularly in everything she touched - come on, tell me you don't disagree with that!!

She steps down, everyone goes home, Thailand springs back into life, they can sort out the farmers by paying them what is owed, dump all of the PTP policies and set up a reform committee to designate what is needed and implement what is required so that fresh and fair elections can be held.

Jayjay - you nailed it on the head.

I think someone has put a nail in his head!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Chalerm whips his ass - I know of no other country who would allow threats like these to go unanswered use water canon, baton rounds and gas and finish him off

I have not met a Thai yet who supports him - and that includes those who do not particularly like Ying or PTP - I think a strong, robust response would gain huge support from ordinary Thais

but TIT etc.

Wow, you must not have met many Thais. Practically every Thai I've met or know supports the Anti-Government movement and Suthep. I would say that out of the hundreds of Thais in my network, perhaps only three or four support Thaksin and Yingluck. This includes Thais living in Thailand and The United States.

Well if its that damned good, why does Suthep not have the guts to parade in Chaing Mai or any other place north of Bangkok. Same old story, it all happens south of Bangkok and its centre. Elsewhere, ole Benito is NOT wanted...........fullstop!.

Read the Thread Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

The protestors are not allowed to protest in Chiang Mai because it is ruled by red shirt thugs. The 'Benito' name-calling is now tiresome and only reflects a lack of thought and knowledge.

• Like 1

......and the discussion should happen among Thai and not among Farang, but apparently in Thai culture they walk away from this kind of (somewhat) confronting discussions. Dutch talk too much perhaps! :) Chokdee, hopefully Thai pick up something from Farang-opinions!!

Steve, I don't know enough about all insights in Thai Politics, but I only see that coruption is everywhere and not limited to ONE party. Common sense should prevail, parties should join in fighting corruption and sharing wealth, and create vision for that ONE Thailand. Yingluck may have done many things wrong, but Abhisit had his chance (as a minority government) but did NO better. He also enriched himself, had his family prevail, etc.etc. . And no minority should rule a country. The so called Aristocrat-families should start sharing their wealth and power. The present situation has NO winners, only loosers. The easy answer of kicking out Shinawatra-clan will only create another family-clan urpression!! Democracy is NOT about winner-take-all. That is something that Thai should learn. Democracy is about comprimising and sharing!!

Anarchy still rules Thailand. It's sad to see people applauding rebels like Suthep. With a smile on their faces a minority of Thai is frustrating, disrupting the democratic processes and the economy of the whole of Thailand. How do they say that again?: "Two wrongs don't make a right"! Wake up Thailand, please!!!

Something is very wrong in Thai society and Thai politics, but this is not the way to solve it!!!

Responsible politicians should get around he table, talk, negotiate, compromise, look for win-win solutions and show vision.

At the moment Thailand produces only looser, no winners. Once more Thai, wake up before this escalates and the country-of-the Smile looses it's Smile completely!

I can resolve things.

Get rid of Yingluck as she had over half a term in office and failed spectacularly in everything she touched - come on, tell me you don't disagree with that!!

She steps down, everyone goes home, Thailand springs back into life, they can sort out the farmers by paying them what is owed, dump all of the PTP policies and set up a reform committee to designate what is needed and implement what is required so that fresh and fair elections can be held.

Jayjay - you nailed it on the head.

I really hope Chalerm whips his ass - I know of no other country who would allow threats like these to go unanswered use water canon, baton rounds and gas and finish him off

I have not met a Thai yet who supports him - and that includes those who do not particularly like Ying or PTP - I think a strong, robust response would gain huge support from ordinary Thais

but TIT etc.

u obviously have not met any Thais. I have never met any Thais who did not support Suthep and I have met a lot.

I know more Thai's than you do

No, you don't I know a gizzilion Thais

I know real Thai"s

No, you don't, my Thai's have more Thai'ness' than your Thai's

Well my Thai's are bigger than your Thai's

My Thai's can eat more chilli than your Thai's

...how many Thai's was it again????

You guys make my day LOL

<Suthep vowed that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck would never has the chance to re-enter Government House to the rest of her life.
He also said that protesters would occupy Yingluck’s office permanently with no retreat no matter how or what the CMPO would resort to disperse protesters. Suthep also made clear of no talk with any person trying to mediate unless the Thaksin regime is eliminated from the country.>

It looks like this protest will continue for a long time.

Suthep's demand is very clear and I can understand why many people want to remove the Thaksin regime for good.

With all the screw ups Yingluck did, I think she should resign whether or not Suthep is making the demand against her.

But Thaksin still wants to come back and control his puppets to run the country.

He can return to Thailand if he wishes.

Has anyone tried to go out there and bring him back to Thailand so that he goes to Jail?

I think PDRC and/or any anti-Thaksin groups should.

This option might be a easier way to end the crisis.

Watching the Australian News and they showed the demonstrators mixing cement and bricking up the entrances to Government house to stop people entering and running the country. They also said that demonstrators are planting explosives in these walls and claiming anyone who tries to tear them down will set them off.

The explosive thing, well I think that is a bluff and surely Suthep is not that mad. He is crazy but is he insane enough to blow people up to stop them going to work?

a month ago the farmers were uneducated idiots, now they are sutheps best friends and using them, i guess he has recently learnt the value of buying support, i wonder how long it will be before he turns his nose up at them

The farmers never were uneducated idiots. They didn't get to be until recently, the largest exporters of rice in the world by being idiots. Farmers here work harder for less return than almost every other industry, but they have seldom complained, until now. They make the complex task of rice growing look easy, because they're experts at it. They are the economic backbone of the country and in many ways hold the key to Thailand's stability. ko

Yep planting rice is really complicated work and I am surrounded by some deep thinking agriculturalists in my neighborhood.

Setting fire to sugar cane and hedgerows, emptying rivers totally to get that extra crop in, and when it fails, take lots of nice pics for the compo claims. Cutting down perfectly good trees, stealing other farmers water, not even to mention fly tipping to the cows come home.

The odd blockade on major roads because the price of some crops was not to their liking.

Experts - away an sh*te.

The resident agricultural expert has spoken! Hark to his words of wisdom, distilled from years of experience in rice cultivation.

Indeed, and obviously based on a deep respect and high regard for the people amongst whom he lives!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Watching the Australian News and they showed the demonstrators mixing cement and bricking up the entrances to Government house to stop people entering and running the country. They also said that demonstrators are planting explosives in these walls and claiming anyone who tries to tear them down will set them off.

The explosive thing, well I think that is a bluff and surely Suthep is not that mad. He is crazy but is he insane enough to blow people up to stop them going to work?

I should imagine that Government House, having been seized, trashed and reoccupied on a regular basis over the last few years is probably not worth bothering with any more!

Suthem and PAD or whatever they are called this time round bricking up the seat of Thailand's elected government is a wonderful summary of all that they are trying to do. I assume Suthep doesn't do irony!

<Suthep vowed that caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck would never has the chance to re-enter Government House to the rest of her life.

He also said that protesters would occupy Yingluck’s office permanently with no retreat no matter how or what the CMPO would resort to disperse protesters. Suthep also made clear of no talk with any person trying to mediate unless the Thaksin regime is eliminated from the country.>

Suthep's demand is very clear and I can understand why many people want to remove the Thaksin regime for good.

With all the screw ups Yingluck did, I think she should resign whether or not Suthep is making the demand against her.

But Thaksin still wants to come back and control his puppets to run the country.

Has anyone tried to go out there and bring him back to Thailand so that he goes to Jail?

He also said that protesters would occupy Yingluck’s office permanently with no retreat

Try doing that in the oval office in America. What would your life expectancy be? How many Americans on here that support Suthep would support the same actions in the Whitehouse? Not only America but I would say the vast majority of civilised western nations would never allow this to happen and there would be many body bags.

• Like 1

He also said that protesters would occupy Yingluck’s office permanently with no retreat

Try doing that in the oval office in America. What would your life expectancy be? How many Americans on here that support Suthep would support the same actions in the Whitehouse? Not only America but I would say the vast majority of civilised western nations would never allow this to happen and there would be many body bags.

Don't suppose it would go down that well in Russia, China or N. Korea - but this is Bangkok where anything goes.

• Like 1

Don't suppose it would go down that well in Russia, China or N. Korea - but this is Bangkok where anything goes.

I doubt it would go down that well in any country. If Suthep was in Government would he allow the blockading of the capital, the overtaking of government offices and his private office? I would guess he would order in the boys and crush the those that opposed him well before this time. I doubt he would have the same restraint and patience as the current government/caretaker. My guess is that he would be pissed and destroy all that opposed him at what ever cost.

I doubt it would go down that well in any country. If Suthep was in Government would he allow the blockading of the capital, the overtaking of government offices and his private office? I would guess he would order in the boys and crush the those that opposed him well before this time. I doubt he would have the same restraint and patience as the current government/caretaker. My guess is that he would be pissed and destroy all that opposed him at what ever cost.

" I doubt he would have the same restraint and patience as the current government/caretaker."

There is a good reason they are / have to be restrained. They are being watched, and you know by whom and why.

Tragically, I very much fear that we will find out within the year. Still should please all those enthusiasts for shooting protestors on here, quite like old times eh?

government house is now the office for the democracy PDRC !!

yingluck never come back to it. is finis

jeeze what an uneducated moron post - 14 posts? wow no bias there then cheesy.gif PDRC democracy??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif go back to school clap2.gif

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 2

It has just been announced (then retracted by the Thai Gov't PBS lot) that the Emergency Decree that allowed the caretaker Government and the witless Chalerm, in charge of restoring order, has been deemed illegal by the Thai courts.

Wait for a massive backlash and the PM and her cronies to do a swift bunk, especially as she is about to be charged with malfeasance by the National Anti - Corruption Commission.

She (and Chalerm) could also well be charged with murder now the decree is seen to be illegal, exactly what they were trying to do with the previous PM for dispersing the redshirts in 2010!

Edited by Mister Fixit

It has just been announced (then retracted by the Thai Gov't PBS lot) that the Emergency Decree that allowed the caretaker Government and the witless Chalerm, in charge of restoring order, has been deemed illegal by the Thai courts.

Wait for a massive backlash and the PM and her cronies to do a swift bunk, especially as she is about to be charged with malfeasance by the National Anti - Corruption Commission.

She (and Chalerm) could also well be charged with murder now the decree is seen to be illegal, exactly what they were trying to do with the previous PM for dispersing the redshirts in 2010!

now we go look for yingluck !!

will be put in prison very soon all the family !!

WE who????????

WE who????????

we the people of THAI land

now yingluck she kill the thai people and have to go prison.

we cannot have the government who kill the people from self.

I'm not a great fan of Jake Needham's novels but he had something interesting to say about the Thai political crisis.At least it was pithy and truthful about the death throes of the old order.As every well educated and intelligent person knows Jake was reflecting that what is taking place in Thailand now has taken place in one form or another all around the world.This is what he said:

"We've seen this movie and we know how it's going to end.Let's hope it will be over quickly though I'm doubtful it will"

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

This very same guy also says that protestors have no right to take over government buildings, oh wait that was when they were protesting against him. The guy is an idiot and hypocrite. Give it up you fool, you have already been defeated and down to your last two supporters.

Wanna bet? you think it is over now? You better get off the john and turn your TV back on.

Suthep might be a hypocrite, but he has a mass following and he is their lightening rod.

Violence to come. The guy is a martyr.... he will fight to the end. Let's watch and see.

A martyr ? A martyr who massacred women and children inside a temple . A martyr who cheated thousands of people in the South with his palm oil scheme, a martyr who stole lands from thousands of poor farmers and give them to few ultra rich families. A martyr who brought down the democratic government of Chuan Leekpai to install the most corrupted government Thailand has ever had (Freedomhouse statistics).

The masses following him are Chinese, Malays and Indians, his sponsors are few ultra billionaire corrupted families.

It is Suthep against the whole Thai population.

• Like 1

He did already by ordering the massacre of protesters including women and children who were sheltered inside a temple.

First it was the massacre in Tanao Road, near Khaosand where dozens were killed (including a japanese reporter who was filming the massacre against unharmed people) than the second and worst massacre of dozens including the shooting in cold blood of Fabio Polenghi, an italian journalist who saw and filmed "too much"

Suthep is one of the biggest scums assassins in Thailand, no doubt. Let alone the thousands people he had cheated in the South.

Edited by max72
  • Like 1