Farang salaries: how much do you make?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

To quote your OP:-

"So, to all farangs in Thailand who earn their income based on a salary: what is your salary in Baht per month (gross amount, i.e., before tax)?"

QED.

How lovely of you to take my answer out of context clap2.gif did you read what I was replying to? blink.png

How can you possibly afford to live in Bangkok earning only 80k a month? My apartment alone costs me more than that.

My Bentley costs more than three times in Thailand as it does in the UK... saai.gif

Should re-phrase that to "my poverty spec Bentley costs three times more"
  • Like 1

You don't want much do you?

I received a PM from the OP asking for my bank details - apparently he has a surefire investment he's interested in sharing with high net-worth individuals like myself. Looks like my ship really has come in - I'll send you a postcard from the Cayman Islands.

You're joking of course.

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif

Personally, I'm a 25 year old working in Thailand. I'm a marketing consultant with a 65k+ Baht per month salary (works out to about 80k if you add up the year end bonus).

GEE - That is almost enough to make me consider going back to work - NOT!!...LOL

To compete with jobs worldwide, another digit is needed.

I see you are having an impact, because Thai Marketing skills are deplorable and Management understanding of the basic requirements for customers is missing.

One local mall will not cover accidents on the premesis - apparently not understanding responsibility issues.

On another note, most jobs for Foreigners here have deplorable pay - income requirements for foreign retirees often double or triple what foreign teachers are paid....

'Marketing' is a pretty loose term. Working as a local 'marketing executive' could mean handing out leaflets for a Thai company, in which case you'd be lucky to pull 10K a month. If however you were a senior marketer working on big brands or with an MNC, you would expect to be earning 6 figures, even as a local. As an expat in a similar position, the 65K would be your housing allowance alone.

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif

Personally, I'm a 25 year old working in Thailand. I'm a marketing consultant with a 65k+ Baht per month salary (works out to about 80k if you add up the year end bonus).

Does that marketing work you do, by any chance, involve trying to find out how much money other foreigners in Thailand earn so that you can then "help" them to invest their money in absolutely surefire, guaranteed, rock-solid, triple-your-money-in-no-time investments and do you have a poster of Bernie Madoff framed on your bedroom wall with a small shrine?

I work for an American company and they've posted me here from abroad, I sort out marketing materials mainly. Promoting the company basically. Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

Really, An American Company sent you all the way to Thailand to work for them and they are only paying you 65k per month.................

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You smell of buffalo shit.

I've known guys on expat packages with MNC's in Thailand and I have to say, 65K/mo is pretty darn low. Wonder if the OP knew before he came that his company was only paying him about US$2,000 a month. If so, why in God's name would he accept?

I've known guys on expat packages with MNC's in Thailand and I have to say, 65K/mo is pretty darn low. Wonder if the OP knew before he came that his company was only paying him about US$2,000 a month. If so, why in God's name would he accept?

Looking at his opening post, the jello may be hardening in that brain of his, hence the desire to do some comparison shopping for his next contract.

Does that marketing work you do, by any chance, involve trying to find out how much money other foreigners in Thailand earn so that you can then "help" them to invest their money in absolutely surefire, guaranteed, rock-solid, triple-your-money-in-no-time investments and do you have a poster of Bernie Madoff framed on your bedroom wall with a small shrine?

I work for an American company and they've posted me here from abroad, I sort out marketing materials mainly. Promoting the company basically. Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

Are you the guy who taught Thais that dressing up like a pole dancer and babbling away non-stop into a microphone connected to a massive speaker system in the wet section of Big C, is an effective marketing strategy? If so, thanks a lot, man. thumbsup.gif

'Marketing' is a pretty loose term. Working as a local 'marketing executive' could mean handing out leaflets for a Thai company, in which case you'd be lucky to pull 10K a month. If however you were a senior marketer working on big brands or with an MNC, you would expect to be earning 6 figures, even as a local. As an expat in a similar position, the 65K would be your housing allowance alone.

Actually the term "marketing consultant" in Thailand officially refers to a guy who dresses up in a hamburger costume and stands on the street in 35 degree heat outside Carl's Jr. or Burger King handing out promotional "meal deal" flyers. Either that or a pretty girl in the shopping mall giving out free samples of cosmetics or vouchers for discounts on a facial. 65K a month is WAY too much, try 15K max., which is probably what the OP is actually earning.

Edited by FalangBaa

or a pretty girl in the shopping mall giving out free samples of cosmetics or vouchers for discounts on a facial

Can you please direct me to the pretty girls who give the discounts on facials, is this short or long time terms and conditions....tongue.png

Edited by Soutpeel

The problem for those (like the OP?) who wish to make a living in Thailand is that that is as far as it seems to go and that when the time comes for them to return home they arrive home with nothing much to show for it apart from some photos and stories which nobody wants to hear all that much. Making a living is just not enough, it is making a career that should be the objective rather than prioritizing Thailand and blowing one's lotus years.

Isn't this one of the 'hot button' issues for foreigners in many Asian countries - that Asian people think nothing of asking you how much you earn, straight up, as though it's on the same level as where you come from and whether you prefer coffee or tea ? I worked in a company in Brisbane where any suggestion that any of us knew what someone else - particularly a manager - earned was cause for a nice long chat in the boss's office. I've also worked in a role where I was privy to certain payroll information and nothing was treated with more sensitivity than who could and could not access that data - it can really fire people up or get them fired ....

There are enough pissing contests on TV as it is - I don't think we need another one.

Interestingly, it's becoming the same here in Thailand too. I worked for a Thai company (a very Thai company by that I might add, I was one of the few foreigners on their payroll of 1000+ employees) where anyone caught asking another employee their salary would be subject to instant dismissal, along with the other employee who mentioned their salary. Strangely though, come tax time all employees salaries would be on the tax form for everyone to see.