Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even in BKk you didnt see the yellow shirts or the PDRC seeking out the redshirt rallies to chase them away.

Yet still i am sure the police helped by protecting the PDRC rights to free speech and assembly. :(

Im not antigov but it seems the red maybe playing this game a little unfair hehee!

Perhaps they worry if people hear the PDRC talking and explaining the corruption they will lose more party supporters.

Question: has any one heard ofa large group of reds coming together, acting together on a mission for the PTP red party that was not being paid by Suthep?,?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My, you have a short memory.

PDRC Students attacking the buses bringing red shirt pro government supporters to the Ramkhamhaemg stadium ring a bell?

Come to think of it I don't recall scamper denouncing those attacks as "vile".

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

So you cannot see a similar thing happening in reverse if it were in a staunch dem stronghold ? just saying whistling.gif

No injuries and threw the stuff in the canal, not any guns or people hurt then, thats some good news at least.

Don't justify what these people are doing in the here and now with 'what ifs'. Just saying.

Its a stupid thing to do yes but hardly surprising protesting in anothers stronghold. You know very well what would happen if the reds did similar in sutheps home town and so do all of us.

Given no one was hurt and the stuff was just ripped down and thrown away id say there isnt anything to whine about ... it was a stupid place to try to anti gov protest in the first place ... and yes id be saying the same about the reds trying it in sutheps hometown would be stupid and inflammatory too, so go whine to someone who dosnt believe in cause and effect im just happy no one got hurt, just a little bit of bruised pride no problem.

No we actually don't know what would happen if the reds did that in Suthep's hometown. You're only assuming violence would ensue but the supporters there could be less barbaric than the reds who will attack anybody who doesn't agree with them. This 'could happen' thing is just another way you red apologists grasp at straws trying to defend the crap the reds pull.

LOL im not red you plonker but i am a realist which is why im not surprised when this happens, monkey see yellow (PDRC) in bangkok monkey red do in chaing mai... or did you forget popcorn etc was all over the media fueling the fire and emotions ?

Cause and effect, your outrage is expected but also its like going into a local Irish bar and singing god save the queen and being surprised when you nearly get a beating... you might have the right but if you had any sense you wouldnt be there or draw attn... action and reaction young man, its not rocket science and TIT

• Like 2

So you cannot see a similar thing happening in reverse if it were in a staunch dem stronghold ? just saying whistling.gif

No injuries and threw the stuff in the canal, not any guns or people hurt then, thats some good news at least.

Can they please come down to Bangkok and do the same thing? Chalerm could pay well for some PEACEFUL removalists... Eeek

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, especially since they got lots of money to sponser it, with what they stole in the rice schemes and all other schemes on the backs of taxpayers.

You mean to say that the views of the PCAD, led by Mr. Corrupt Palm Oil Man, supported by monks that torture policemen and armed hired thugs hellbent on violence isn't supported outside of a few small areas, who would have thought! rolleyes.gif

Not much thought on your part with that statement - seeing as how it has been pointed out to PTP in the part election just run that their support is not all the great at the moment including "their home territory" and as for monks torturing policemen - you need to get that story straightened out a bit as well. But then guess if you're a lover of red violence and all the crap that goes with it - then your narrow self-centred views are pretty well par for the course.

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

The PCAD fascists where shown the door by the pro-democracy reds!

They run like cowards when they dont have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

Peaceful anti-government protesters attacked by Chiang Mai red-shirts. Near Universal condemnation can be heard. The bloody cheek of those protesters, coming unarmed into Shinawatra Chiang Mai. rolleyes.gif

Well, that's just it, rubl, they weren't attacked. You're playing to the gallery with the misleading headline.

In reality the red shirts approached the anti's "in a menacing manner" and the anti's ran into a wat/temple - and then they left, through the back entrance, unharmed. Oh.

Ah, you mean 'red-shirts approaching in a menacing way' is not the same as 'attacking'. May I wonder what would have happened if the anti-government protesters had not 'run away'? Would the red-shirts have stopped their menacing approach and retreated peacefully?

Why did they approach 'menacingly' in the first place?

I don't know why they approached in menacing way, I'm not even sure what a menacing way involves.

Does it involve iron bars or Tavors as sported (and well documented) by various anti's or is it just menacing looks, who knows.

What I do know is, attacking, normally means causing bodily harm, like beating up policemen that have been held hostage, not advancing in a "menacing manner".

As to what could have happened if they hadn't run away, I shall use one of your phrases - I am talking about reality not hypothetical possibilities.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Yes but both sides are using civilians as troops, to represent on the streets what should be resolved by the leaderships at State level. The point is that neither of the leaderships listen to what protestors from either side actually say or want, these pawns are just pushed into place on the streets because neither leadership is willing to meet in the middle-ground and debate critical issues to consensus-point. Street-action is not needed, they are (before somebody mentions suffragettes) not making new civil-rights claims by protest, they are just there to support the decadent and ****ed up leaderships of both their respective parties. If there ever will be a solution here, it will not come from blocked roads or invaded buildings, it will come from the leaderships actually putting down their extremist banners and meeting in the centre to resolve issues and discuss policies for the progress of Thailand.

• Like 1

Here is a video of the Chiang Mai Red Shirts vandalizing one of the anti-government protesters stage

At the beginning of the video there are at least two Policemen, and they do nothing to stop the vandalism.

Also notice how they destroy the Thai National Flag. Which country do those people love?

edit:

I have to add the observation that although the Police let them dismount the stage, they prevent the fat-guy to run against the protesters. That is a good action. On a second thought, perhaps it was a wise decision to let them relieve their anger with the stage instead of with the people.

Edited by MGP

LOL im not red you plonker but i am a realist which is why im not surprised when this happens, monkey see yellow (PDRC) in bangkok monkey red do in chaing mai... or did you forget popcorn etc was all over the media fueling the fire and emotions ?

Cause and effect, your outrage is expected but also its like going into a local Irish bar and singing god save the queen and being surprised when you nearly get a beating... you might have the right but if you had any sense you wouldnt be there or draw attn... action and reaction young man, its not rocket science and TIT

Deny it all you want but your posts here have always been red tinged. But that doesn't matter, we all pick sides and that's okay.

Whatever the case, what you assume would happen has not happened before. And saying that the other side probably would do the same thing because your side already did it is just what spin doctors do to take away the guilt from the people they support.

• Like 1

Can they please come down to Bangkok and do the same thing? Chalerm could pay well for some PEACEFUL removalists... Eeek

Yeah, especially since they got lots of money to sponser it, with what they stole in the rice schemes and all other schemes on the backs of taxpayers.

too true!

Peaceful anti-government protesters attacked by Chiang Mai red-shirts. Near Universal condemnation can be heard. The bloody cheek of those protesters, coming unarmed into Shinawatra Chiang Mai. rolleyes.gif
Well, that's just it, rubl, they weren't attacked. You're playing to the gallery with the misleading headline.

In reality the red shirts approached the anti's "in a menacing manner" and the anti's ran into a wat/temple - and then they left, through the back entrance, unharmed. Oh.

Ah, you mean 'red-shirts approaching in a menacing way' is not the same as 'attacking'. May I wonder what would have happened if the anti-government protesters had not 'run away'? Would the red-shirts have stopped their menacing approach and retreated peacefully?

Why did they approach 'menacingly' in the first place?

I don't know why they approached in menacing way, I'm not even sure what a menacing way involves.

Does it involve iron bars or Tavors as sported (and well documented) by various anti's or is it just menacing looks, who knows.

What I do know is, attacking, normally means causing bodily harm, like beating up policemen that have been held hostage, not advancing in a "menacing manner".

As to what could have happened if they hadn't run away, I shall use one of your phrases - I am talking about reality not hypothetical possibilities.

Now I get it, nothing really happened. In principle the fault of the anti-government protesters, but at least all just democratic fun!

Here is a video of the Chiang Mai Red Shirts vandalizing one of the anti-government protesters stage

At the beginning of the video there are at least two Policemen, and they do nothing to stop the vandalism.

Also notice how they destroy the Thai National Flag. Which country do those people love?

edit:

I have to add the observation that although the Police let them dismount the stage, they prevent the fat-guy to run against the protesters. That is a good action. On a second thought, perhaps it was a wise decision to let them relieve their anger with the stage instead of with the people.

The police should have let the fat guy stay in the temple and prevent any other reds from entering to help him. Then we could have seen how brave he was.

• Like 1

Even in BKk you didnt see the yellow shirts or the PDRC seeking out the redshirt rallies to chase them away.

Yet still i am sure the police helped by protecting the PDRC rights to free speech and assembly. sad.png

Im not antigov but it seems the red maybe playing this game a little unfair hehee!

Perhaps they worry if people hear the PDRC talking and explaining the corruption they will lose more party supporters.

Question: has any one heard ofa large group of reds coming together, acting together on a mission for the PTP red party that was not being paid by Suthep?,?

PDRC Students attacking the buses bringing red shirt pro government supporters to the Ramkhamhaemg stadium ring a bell?

You're referring to Ramkamhaeng students who according to a rector had been under fire from the stadium next door regularly? With in vain police having been called for protection / investigation? Those students ?

• Like 1

Deny it all you want but your posts here have always been red tinged. But that doesn't matter, we all pick sides and that's okay.

Whatever the case, what you assume would happen has not happened before. And saying that the other side probably would do the same thing because your side already did it is just what spin doctors do to take away the guilt from the people they support.

Actually Gerry ive always disliked the PTP gov methods, none of our family has ever voted for them but I really dislike the dems for taking the route they have outside the electoral system, all they have ever had to do is evolve campaign hard and be patient, yes i detest Suthep and the PDRC for what they are and how they are going about trying to achieve their goal but i think thats more than clear.

Having seen the vid rubi kindly put up ( thanks rubi ) i would say its pretty much a storm in a teacup there, bit of a weird large chap, seemed a bit ...well one short of a cookie in his mannerisms to me. I'd run from an odo acting chap like that if I were Thai too whistling.gif

Id say the police were in the right place stopping any physical contact taking place. as rubi said better a few bits of ply and scaffold than letting the big guy get to the others.

PS ive done that Irish bar thing btw when younger... it hurt.... a lot, and totally all my own fault for being so stupid and thinking there wouldnt be a consequence for my actions .... fail & lesson learnt laugh.png

Edited by englishoak

Yet still i am sure the police helped by protecting the PDRC rights to free speech and assembly. sad.png

You're referring to Ramkamhaeng students who according to a rector had been under fire from the stadium next door regularly? With in vain police having been called for protection / investigation? Those students ?

The PDRC supporting Rector? OK. In that case do I mean his students smashing up the red shirt buses, yes. Couple of red shirts shot dead weren't there?

• Like 1

It would appear that for some of you, PCAD surrounding and storming into Gvt offices, then telling - in a peaceful way of course - the employees to leave on their own or be dragged out, is all well and fine. Killing police is all well and fine. Using military style automatic weapons against "non-believers" is all well and fine.

But a group of red approaching in a "menacing way" is totally abhorrent to your senses of morality.

Some of you totally crack me up.

I personally think any of them that break the law should be arrested and serve time. There is no reason that both sides can't protest peacefully without being confronted by the other side no matter where they are and it is the police's job to make sure they can. not stand by and watch.

• Like 1

The PDRC supporting Rector? OK. In that case do I mean his students smashing up the red shirt buses, yes. Couple of red shirts shot dead weren't there?

You are talking about a small groud from the PCAD at that school. I was implying a comparison to this attack of reds going to the PDRC deliberately in large numbers to attack.

I believe these were not in fact reds but really paid thugs hired by the reds.

So really think! When have you ever seen a large group of reds go to a place for the specific reason related to this article?

I ask because the only time i have seen reds enmasse for destruction was when they were paid ti do it and it was planned.

and students and more wounded and all because those peaceful red-shirt were sitting in their stadium afraid to came out. Except in the night when they had armed backup.

Now back to ChiangMai where peaceful red-shirts were just menacing only.

The PCAD fascists where shown the door by the pro-democracy reds!

They run like cowards when they don’t have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

And when the PDRC's stage was knocked down, do you support kicking the Thai flag as well?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I've lived in Chiang Mai, just 18km east from the city, and near San Kamphaeng, which is the heart of Red Shirt country here, and Dr. T's hometown, but I'm also well aware of the fact that not everyone here is "red".

But here, you either have to be overly optimistic in your beliefs of survival, or just plain stupid to set up a PDRC rally stage. And I agree that those doing it probably were from CNX, which means they live here, and should have known better. I'm not saying I agree with what happened, but what else would you expect in a Red City?

• Like 2

same would have happened if PTP set up a rally in BKK

don't be hypocrites!

PTP would be moronic to do that just as the fascists are for doing it here

Why do you walk off topic with a political party like Pheu Thai? We're discussing anti-government protesters and some menacing red-shirts.