can i make visa for thai girlfriend , i am seperated from my wife in uk

Kranuan, just a thought, and only a thought. You have been separated for four years but not yet divorced, I would suggest you tread very carefully importing your Thai girlfriend as legally you are still married.

In the UK, a divorce which is agreed by both parties after bring separated for two years or more is petty common, but why are you still married after four years separation, is your estranged wife against it ? If so you can now see where I am coming from.

• Like 1

Your remarks about divorce are slightly pertinent.

The OP certainly could not sponsor his girlfriend for settlement while he is still married to someone else; unless they have been living together outside the UK, e.g. in Thailand, in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the past two years and so she qualifies under the unmarried partners rules.

However, there is no reason why he cannot sponsor her as a visitor.

kranuan, it may be time for you to sort out a divorce; see Get a divorce if you live in England or Wales, Getting divorced in Scotland if you live there or Getting a divorce/Dissolution of Civil Partnership if you live in Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

Your remarks about divorce are slightly pertinent.

The OP certainly could not sponsor his girlfriend for settlement while he is still married to someone else; unless they have been living together outside the UK, e.g. in Thailand, in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the past two years and so she qualifies under the unmarried partners rules.

However, there is no reason why he cannot sponsor her as a visitor.

kranuan, it may be time for you to sort out a divorce; see Get a divorce if you live in England or Wales, Getting divorced in Scotland if you live there or Getting a divorce/Dissolution of Civil Partnership if you live in Northern Ireland.

If the op went through the effort to get a visitors visa for his Thai girlfriend, then he has started to enter the radar. You do seem to weakly support my views on being separated for four years with no divorce, which COULD indicate his ex other half will not agree. If that's the case then if I were the OP I would be very careful about flying over the radar as opposed to under it. A woman scorned and all that !

Any where in the world gossip from a friend of a friend eventually gets home, so all I was trying to say to the OP was make sure your back door is closed and securely locked.

Edit: unnecessary remarks removed.

• Like 1

nonthaburial, your offensive remark is completely irrelevant to the subject of this topic; which is sponsoring someone for a UK visit visa.

Transam, it depends on which part of the UK one lives in; see the links in my previous.

nonthaburial, your offensive remark is completely irrelevant to the subject of this topic; which is sponsoring someone for a UK visit visa.

Transam, it depends on which part of the UK one lives in; see the links in my previous.

My understanding was if a married UK couple were separated for 2 years one of the parties can get a divorce because of this circumstance.

When I sorted my grief in the UK (London) this proposal was put forward by my solicitor.

From the previous links:-

In England and Wales, if you have lived apart for 2 years and both parties agree to the divorce, 5 years if one doesn't.

In Scotland, 1 year if both parties agree, 2 if one doesn't.

In Northern Ireland, 2 years if both parties agree, 5 years if one doesn't.

"Quite true, so continue sticking your head in the sand and forget about the possible repercussions . It must be absolutely wonderful having tunnel vision. If you can speak Cantonese, the HK Cross Harbour Tunnel are advertising for a manager . Are you up to it.? "

Has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. Nothing to do with Thai visas!

An ECO is not going to moralise on any application. They have a job to do deciding whether the applicant meets the visa requirements or not. This is a visit visa so the requirements are very well documented. The applicant either meets the requirements as judged by the ECO in which case a visa is issued or does not and it will be refused.

Is it a genuine visit, is it affordable, are there good reasons to suppose the applicant will return before the visa expires? These are the main questions that need to be answered. As stated above, the visa basics pinned thread gives good, thorough advice without heading into daft, bigoted and irrelevant nonsense!

• Like 1

"Quite true, so continue sticking your head in the sand and forget about the possible repercussions . It must be absolutely wonderful having tunnel vision. If you can speak Cantonese, the HK Cross Harbour Tunnel are advertising for a manager . Are you up to it.? "

Has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. Nothing to do with Thai visas!

An ECO is not going to moralise on any application. They have a job to do deciding whether the applicant meets the visa requirements or not. This is a visit visa so the requirements are very well documented. The applicant either meets the requirements as judged by the ECO in which case a visa is issued or does not and it will be refused.

Is it a genuine visit, is it affordable, are there good reasons to suppose the applicant will return before the visa expires? These are the main questions that need to be answered. As stated above, the visa basics pinned thread gives good, thorough advice without heading into daft, bigoted and irrelevant nonsense!

Eeeeeeeeeeer, think we all know that stuff, the point is, it seems the OP might put his neck in a noose to help someone he doesn't even know.....rolleyes.gif

OP putting his neck in a noose? He states this is his girlfriend and she wants to visit!

He has asked a question. Been given an answer and faced a mass of completely irrelevant nonsense. Perhaps a bit of reading practice to understand the original post might be the order of the day.

Stupid, nasty comments based on zero knowledge of a posters circumstances make people much less willing to ask questions and the website becomes a pretty unfriendly place. If people have nothing useful to say perhaps they should avoid posting!

• Like 2

Eeeeeeeeeeer, think we all know that stuff, the point is, it seems the OP might put his neck in a noose to help someone he doesn't even know.....rolleyes.gif

Agree. Probably hasn't known her for 6 months.

Why ask these very vague sort of questions when he could have so easily read up about the rules and then ask pertinent questions....it implies he doesn't really know her, discussed with her, read up about it etc..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why ask these very vague sort of questions when he could have so easily read up about the rules and then ask pertinent questions....it implies he doesn't really know her, discussed with her, read up about it etc..

14-08-2013

we live in isaan , we want to venture into something to make a bit of money, wife loves cooking , as do all thai woman, im just asking for a few suggestions what we could do to make money to tie us over. we are in remote villiage near kranuan. i am thinking of karaoke bar / mo ka ta barbeque resturaunt .....i just dont know so any idea,s most appreciated.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/660608-best-way-to-make-money-little-bit-in-isaan/

Posted 2014-01-01 14:14:22

my wifes child has recently joined mother to reside in uk. 6 months resident stamped in passport. what do we do before childs stamp expires ? wifes permanent residence is currently pending with home office. wife has lived and worked now in uk for 6 years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693414-eea-permit-advice-please-child-has-recently-joined-mum-in-uk/

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

ok,

just to clear a few things up here. i am seperated now around 3-4 years, i did not want to file for divorce because i have a child involved here and also my wifes permanent residence status would have been affected by me divorcing her . no matter, i know it is time for me to move on, if not soon then possibly in future sometime. i do not want to divorce her but know i have to , most of us probably know allready how hard it is to divorce someone especially as my wife has been a great support to me through tough times though there is nothing we can offer each other emotionally. we have tried to stay together for kids sake but it is just not working out .

i should have mentioned at the start that i am now long term incapacitated and in receipt of incapacity benefit due to life threatening illness, so do i need to be working ? my girlfriend and i have known each other 18 month now .

as i say, nothing is written in stone, just a thought for now as it would be nice for her to stay with me in uk for a few months then return. she has funds etc in bank and she works in a well known hotel chain in bangkok where she can get reference from boss and show pay receipts etc .

Edited by kranuan

14-08-2013

we live in isaan , we want to venture into something to make a bit of money, wife loves cooking , as do all thai woman, im just asking for a few suggestions what we could do to make money to tie us over. we are in remote villiage near kranuan. i am thinking of karaoke bar / mo ka ta barbeque resturaunt .....i just dont know so any idea,s most appreciated.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/660608-best-way-to-make-money-little-bit-in-isaan/

Posted 2014-01-01 14:14:22

my wifes child has recently joined mother to reside in uk. 6 months resident stamped in passport. what do we do before childs stamp expires ? wifes permanent residence is currently pending with home office. wife has lived and worked now in uk for 6 years.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/693414-eea-permit-advice-please-child-has-recently-joined-mum-in-uk/

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

hi

and your point is ? as i say allready we have tried to make things work but cannot. its time for me to move on. you need to dig a little deeper if you want some dirt rolleyes.gif

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

Whatever your plans for the future I'd suggest that being separated and on incapacity benefit is not going to bode well for your long term relationship with the lady.

From your previous posts you' ve suggested a desire to live in Issan and open a restaurant?

Are you aware the benefits stop when you leave the UK?

Whatever your plans for the future I'd suggest that being separated and on incapacity benefit is not going to bode well for your long term relationship with the lady.

From your previous posts you' ve suggested a desire to live in Issan and open a restaurant?

Are you aware the benefits stop when you leave the UK?

yes i am aware of that , i would obviously inform DHS depts if i ever stayed in thailand. i just need to know if it is possible to get her a holiday visa for a month if i am on incapacity benefit .

Back to your question;

As long as she satisfies the ECO that, on the balance of probabilities, she meets the three basic requirements then she will get a visit visa.

1. She is a genuine visitor with a genuine reason to visit the UK.
  2. She will be adequately maintained and accommodated in the UK without working or recourse to public funds (that you are claiming DLA is irrelevant, as long as you don't try to claim any extra due to her visiting you).
  3. She will leave the UK when, or before, her visa expires.

As already said, see UK visit visa basics and the links from there for more on this.