Can Thai Visa control trolls?

wicketkeeper

Mate, if you have just bought that computer ... I'd be looking at a refund ... your 'copy and paste' button seems to be stuck.

If it was rubbish the first time posted ... it still rubbish the second time round.

Go back to the Kelly days ... a time when you had something interisting to say. You were a bit pompus, a bit controversial ... but definately worth a read.

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif

This thread is about trolling. There are three or four bullies in the general forum and you are one of them. Off topic posts accusing me of being some other person because you can't stay on topic and don't have the inclination to have a reasonable discussion. Do you really think calling any other opinions besides your own rubbish passes for discussion outside of a pub?

I don't like bullies. That you feel safe in insulting me and calling my opinions rubbish instead of reasonable discussion is the reason Thai Visa can't control trolls.

Another word for trolls on this forum might be bullies. You can be off topic and offensive as it suite you. I find this without merit.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread is about trolling. There are three or four bullies in the general forum and you are one of them.

Another word for trolls on this forum might be bullies.

So you are calling me a Bully and a Troll ... cheesy.gif ... care to name the other 2 or 3 ?

Now ... I warmly recommend that you read this post ... the-eight-fold-path-of-tv-humiliation it may help with your posting ... thumbsup.gif

Mate, if you have just bought that computer ... I'd be looking at a refund ... your 'copy and paste' button seems to be stuck.

If it was rubbish the first time posted ... it still rubbish the second time round.

Go back to the Kelly days ... a time when you had something interisting to say. You were a bit pompus, a bit controversial ... but definately worth a read.

Just saying like ... coffee1.gif

This thread is about trolling. There are three or four bullies in the general forum and you are one of them. Off topic posts accusing me of being some other person because you can't stay on topic and don't have the inclination to have a reasonable discussion. Do you really think calling any other opinions besides your own rubbish passes for discussion outside of a pub?

I don't like bullies. That you feel safe in insulting me and calling my opinions rubbish instead of reasonable discussion is the reason Thai Visa can't control trolls.

Another word for trolls on this forum might be bullies. You can be off topic and offensive as it suite you. I find this without merit.

Have you ever thought/considered that readers might consider you of being a troll or trollish ?

I pride myself as being honest, even here on Tv

Good for you. But I don't think you understand how forums work. Let me explain.

Suppose you're interested in fishing. In fact, let's suppose you live and die for fishing. One day you go to a fishing forum. And you notice something rather odd.

On one particular thread there are 12 guys discussing a fishing technique you mastered years ago. But while six of the guys understand this technique, the other six don't. And the six that don't are arguing with the six who do.

So you sign up. You create an account. You make your first post. You side with the six good guys and explain to the six bad guys why they've got it all wrong. The six good guys welcome you to the forum and compliment you on your knowledge. Reassuringly, one of the bad guys sees the error of his ways and thanks you for your input.

You post again and another bad guy says thank you. You've now made two posts and earned seven likes. All the good guys are on your side and the bad guys are beginning to warm to you.

A year later you've contributed 2000 posts and amassed a whopping 1436 likes. You're now a respected member of the community and seen as a voice of authority!

But what you don't know is that there were never six good guys and six bad guys. There was only ever one guy. And that guy could have been me. Welcome to the internet, Mr Transam. Your honesty will always be welcomed on forums, but never assume it's reciprocated.

Perhaps your theory is right, and l thank you for that input. But what goes on in my head is what I write, whether construed as rubbish or not l don't really care. We all come from different backgrounds and knowledge, me, well, just ordinary bloke who likes to talk. Take it or lump it. Makes reading interesting though when input from all sides, I think..........thumbsup.gif

Some of us do not suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder...but if you were all of the seven guys congratulations on your perserverance Halcyon Days and do not be surprised if Bummengrad send you several bills....one for each of you.

It seems that my explanation of how many forums work has gone right over your head.

What many define as trolling is often just a device employed by forum administrators to "catch" and retain new members. Another type of forum-controlled "trolling" is the creation of antagonistic members whose raison d'être is to spark life into stagnant threads and elicit indignant responses from those who otherwise would not have posted.

I once registered for a forum about relationships and online dating. An especially magnificent troll (very obviously created by the forum itself) was a guy who claimed to be unsuccessful in love because he was just too intelligent. All the women on the forum tried to console and mother him; all the men on the forum trashed him as they considered him a threat. That particular thread lasted almost 20 pages.

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So what is a troll there are many variations for this word and you can read into the meaning as you see fit, my humble opinion is that we place postings on here to get a view shall we say even an opinion but save us all if we think that for one moment we should only receive what suit's us ! ! I read many posting some good some bad and some very funny I must admit. The thing is we are ALL TROLLS to some degree we a post and something says REPLY REPLY REPLY and we do.

Some I reply to some I don't depends on my feeling about the posting content but the bottom line if WE put our personal views and opinions in a public forum then we have to expect some comments we don't like, it's not rocket science becuase not everyone is ever going to give the replies yuo want to hear.

So in short if you don't want to be harrassed abused receive comment you don't like try these ideas.

1 ) Write sensible posts one's that make sense

2 ) Try and keep really personal things out of the postings if you have a REAL problem talk to a good friend NOT THE WORLD

3 ) Don't say anything about someone else that you would not like said about you

4 ) If in DOUBT leave it OUT......I you don't post it they can't comment on it.

Life is too short to all consumed by what is written on the forum, it's a great forum but it is JUST a forum.

A glass of red awaits me I feel drained.

• Like 1