How many years can an ED visa be renewed and can you change to another school?

I've been studying on a Thai course at a language school for a few years now, my current course and ED visa expires later this year, the school say I cant extend for another year but I see Walen have 1-10 years on their website so I guess its different for different schools? Can I change?

Does anyone know exactly which schools offer what years and how long in total one can be on ED visas for?

Some schools can offer a more advanced course of study than others.

You can change schools. You just need to be enrolled in a new school and have documents from them to get your new extension of stay (it is not a visa) instead of old school. You will also need a letter from old school stating you are no longer enrolled in their school effective the date you apply for the new extension of stay.

• Like 1

I emailed Walen and they said you can only do a maximum number of 3 years studying Thai on an Ed visa but I can change to studying another language/course such as Chinese or Russian, I find this to be quite bizarre, how do the ministry of education conduct the 1 year interview tests when you want to extend?

Anyway, this got me thinking what courses are available and where for Ed visas? Is it only languages you can study? I know there are ones for Muay Thai at some places.