A cool and practic motorbike....

thailampang2012

A motorized chair with tiny wheels is fast & safe? wink.png

The wheels are similar size than any motorbike on the road, even wider like the Honda Zoomer, and it is not designed to ride on freeways or turn at high speed....Safer than a 2 wheels because it is more stable...

Edited by thailampang2012

The wheels are similar size than any motorbike on the road, even wider, and it is not designed to ride on freeways or turn at high speed....Safer than a 2 wheels because it is more stable...

What size are those "similar" wheels?

Wide does not = safe

3 wheels is not automatically better than two nor is it automatically more stable

Not saying a electric wheelchair does not have its usage

But to say fast & safe is a bit misplaced imho

The wheels are similar size than any motorbike on the road, even wider like the Honda Zoomer, and it is not designed to ride on freeways or turn at high speed....Safer than a 2 wheels because it is more stable...

while parked

• Like 2

while parked

OKKKKK...You won...cannot compete with a Kawasaki 1000CC............but... I "race" to the market every morning...and I feel safer than on my Honda Click carrying my groceries....What you want to get for 30,000THB?

while parked

OKKKKK...You won...cannot compete with a Kawasaki 1000CC............but... I "race" to the market every morning...and I feel safer than on my Honda Click carrying my groceries....What you want to get for 30,000THB?

By the way....Somebody feels safe riding a Kawasaki 1000 with 3 Kg of groceries bags hanging around?

while parked

You take this to the market? does it have clip to attach wheel chair?

Not trying to be funny, but is this not motorized chair for disabled people?

• Like 1

True - just googled and it appears it is about $5,500 in the US.

I guess you have to pay a premium to go around corners.

You can double it and it would be close to what it costs in Thailand.

Not too long ago, so a Spyder one of these. Man that was a sweet ride, do not even want to think what it costs in Thailand

post-200556-0-83216200-1392736945_thumb.

Considering Thai mechanic's proclivity for airing the tyres up to 55 lb/in2(25 kg per 6.4 cm2) a 150kg bike will have 38.4 cm2 of tyre touching the road...no matter how many wheels it has. So the number of wheels does not indicate relative safety (except for perhaps slip hazards) due to a mistaken belief that there is more rubber on the road.

• Like 1

Considering Thai mechanic's proclivity for airing the tyres up to 55 lb/in2(25 kg per 6.4 cm2) a 150kg bike will have 38.4 cm2 of tyre touching the road...no matter how many wheels it has. So the number of wheels does not indicate relative safety (except for perhaps slip hazards) due to a mistaken belief that there is more rubber on the road.

Or it might be more unsafe as there are 3 chances to over-inflate the tyres!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It is a motorised wheelchair, as my poor old dad got older he dreaded the thought of having to use one of these.

If you think they look cool you are out of you mind?...unless you are 150 years old.

I think this is a case of "beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder"

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

So the two people sit side by side, and the one steering constantly elbows the passenger every time they go around a corner?

No....I am 80 years old, my 25 years old petite and cute Thai girl friend ride It seating on my lap....That's make this bike very cool...and very warm sometimes...I just love it! ....Younger bikers in big Kawasaki cannot ride like that...girlfriends have to hold in their bellies.....I know....not get jealous ...you will be old some day too....Just wait....

• Like 2

So the two people sit side by side, and the one steering constantly elbows the passenger every time they go around a corner?

No....I am 80 years old, my 25 years old petite and cute Thai girl friend ride It seating on my lap....That's make this bike very cool...and very warm sometimes...I just love it! ....Younger bikers in big Kawasaki cannot ride like that...girlfriends have to hold in their bellies.....I know....not get jealous ...you will be old some day too....Just wait....

I suspected you were extremely long in the tooth!

You do realise that 3 wheelers with the third wheel at the front are intrinsically dangerous. You would be better off with one of those scooters modified to have 2 front wheels.

Looks like a scooter for the handicapped . I guess the passenger could act as a wingman & hang it out around a corner if it were to almost go over. I think one unless handicapped would be way better off with the better designed 3 wheelers or get a golf cart . They look way more stable.

My dad was 85 when we tried to get him to buy a scooter like this, so he could get around, but he was terrified of looking a burk.....He wasn't a trendy guy at all, but even he knew this is not a "cool" look.

I am quite a few years behind you and if I thought this was my fate, I would ride my current bike a lot faster.

If you think 3 wheels is safe, ask yourself why the Yanks banned trikes, but not quads. Answer..when you travel on a rough road they steer themselves. Ending up in a ditch, even with a 25 year old bird on you face, is not cool.....mmmm hang on let me rethink that one.

• Like 1