AirAsia misleading " All-in" fares promo

ezzra

I was surprised that some members here feel the need to defend a budget airline like Air Asia, but I think I understand now.

It's all about boasting about their ability in finding the cheapest fares and all those that don't are stupid.

It never occurs to them that there are people out there that aren't always looking for the cheapest and that are not prepared to adapt their traveling habits to what this airline suits best.

Jeeeezzzzz

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of Air Asia, have been able to book many bargain flights, think Bali for 700 Baht in the early days, because I can book early and be flexible.

However todays experience wasn't so good. I want to go to KL in December, having worked my way through their add ons etc it came up with a price of 4100 Baht, which I thought was OK.

The payment took an age and it came back as declined, use another card.

Contacted Amex who advised that the transaction was approved, with a hold on my account for the full amount.

Called AA and eventually got to speak to a person, she maintained that the transaction was declined. When I advised that Amex has approved the transaction she asked me to get a statement and send it to them. I suspect that it will not appear on my statement until AA follow up the approval.

Looks like AA have lost a regular traveller and one of their biggest fans.

EDIT: I tried later on my tablet, no success, tried once more on my laptop and the booking went through. They were considerably cheaper than Thai and better times than Malaysian, I wasn't going to cut off my nose to spite my face.

I was surprised that some members here feel the need to defend a budget airline like Air Asia, but I think I understand now.

It's all about boasting about their ability in finding the cheapest fares and all those that don't are stupid.

It never occurs to them that there are people out there that aren't always looking for the cheapest and that are not prepared to adapt their traveling habits to what this airline suits best.

People who go to the trouble of booking tickets and then coming onto Thaivisa to complain about the fact that they can't do it properly obviously are looking for the cheapest...

I've used Air Asia a number of times and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Sometimes I happily pay for the extras and sometimes I don't. I've always found the fares to be decent value even when adding luggage and meals and the service is superior to any US based non-budget airline by a large degree. I have never had worse service than what I have had on US Airways from Sydney-LA on any budget airline. Surly union employees that spent the whole flight bitching loudly about how their benefits had been cut rather than actually doing any service.

If you don't like Air Asia's style then simply use another airline, and if you do use Air Asia just read carefully before you click.

Edited by eskatonia