• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

The pdrc are not the Dems.

They are not the same.

They may not be exactly equivalent, but the Dems are happy to 'ride the tiger' ... they go along with everything their former Deputy PM says and does, like sitting out the last election

"He who rides the tiger can never get off" - old Chinese proverb

No they didn't. Suthep told the population to boycott the ballot. Abhisit said it was up to the people whether they wanted to boycott the vote going against Sutheps demands.

There was so much friction between the DEM's and PDRC Suthep gave a veiled threat to Korn for not towing the PDRC line.

"Get er facts right ya tosser" - Old Australian proverb

Fact for you, mate: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690946-thai-democrats-resolve-to-boycott-february-2-election/?utm_source=newsletter-20131221-1509&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Headline:Thai Democrats resolve to boycott February 2 election

Like I said, the Dems sat out the election.

I was born in Australia, but I learned to read in Canada...

Relearn or maybe you can read.

At any rate what the Dem's decide to do is for them selves they did not advocate it for the population. A big difference.

I guess this means that the label of Yingluck as " The darling of Isan" can pretty much

be put to rest...

Well considering there are nearly 22 million people from the Isaan region and a small percentage of them are farmers your reporting of her label as being put to rest is a bit premature.

for people living in this area (thai people) they still prefer her and the PTP to the other options. Not saying a lot but better the devil you know than the one you don't. Many previous governments have completely ignored this region. There is more to the PTP then one tablet per child and the rice scheme. They actually have grass roots representation which is more than the Democrats have ever done for this region.

Corrupt, untrustworthy, liars, cheaters all words to describe most politicians (here and elsewhere) but at least with the PTP they lie to your face - in person - versus from a sound bite or news report like the alternative. Have lived here for nearly 5 years now and have met several of the local PTP members......nice enough...wouldn't trust them.....but have never met a representative from the leading opposition parties...never. Neither has my wife or her father (50 plus years living in the NE).

So who would you vote for. For many (in my village - most of whom are rice growers by the way) she is still liked (maybe not well liked - but liked). Her "darling of Isan" may be a bit tarnished but the crown is still sitting firmly on her head......for now.

This situation is looking more and more like Mussolini's March on Rome. Wonder if Suthep has been reading modern European history for inspiration:

Mussolini said: "Either the government will be given to us or will shall seize it by marching on Rome."

Mussolini, with the party’s hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

1. Fascists would be brought into Rome from all over Italy.

2. All-important public buildings would be taken over including those outside of Rome in the important cities in the north.

3. Mussolini would demand the resignation of the government and that a new Fascist government be allowed to take over.

4. Armed Fascists would be near Rome. If the government failed to meet these demands, they would march into Rome and take over by the use of force.

The plan was grandiose if naïve. The military in Rome far out-numbered the Fascists who were poorly armed. Many Fascists only had tools brought with them from farms. Many had the wrong clothing for a party that was trying to seize power.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta – he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

And the king basically installed Musso as Prime Minister to avoid further conflict ... and you know where things went from there.

BTW how's Yingluck's reform forum doing?

(edit correct who's into how's, sorry)

Sorry, what's your point?

My point? Yingluck flees farmers, Yingluck talks a lot for foreign audience about democracy, voting rights, reform needed and started by her already. She doesn't have to march on Bangkok, she just stays put till somehow an election has been 'managed' with obviously the Pheu Thai wining and therefore having a mandate. The 'respect my vote' expires after the counting of them.

BTW it would seem that not only Suthep has scheduling problems, also Ms. Yingluck may sent a representative. For her that's to the NACC to to acknowledge a charge of negligence of duty on her behalf. At least to DSI and Office of the Prosecutor Suthep went himself.

What is a Fascists.

If Suthep is a Fascist then it is a good thing. How ever as there is no link to his actions compared to Mussolini one of them can not be a Fascist he did not lead any one to Bangkok. He did not have an army outside Bangkok with farm tools ready to take on the army.

Suthep is demanding the resignation of a corrupt government and a temporary council to take over that will rewrite the constitution where it needs clarification and put in stiff penalties for breaking it. It will no longer be possible for the government to tell the constitution court they don't care what it says.

It will then hold an election to choose a new government that will be run under more honesty than Thaksin can even imagine. Yes there will still be corruption that is a given in any kind of government in any country in the world. It how ever will not be to the degree that it is now. Now it is like raping the country.

The new Government unlike Mussolini will not be governed by a Nazi. Where is the connection to the two?

I guess this means that the label of Yingluck as " The darling of Isan" can pretty much

be put to rest...

Well considering there are nearly 22 million people from the Isaan region and a small percentage of them are farmers your reporting of her label as being put to rest is a bit premature.

for people living in this area (thai people) they still prefer her and the PTP to the other options. Not saying a lot but better the devil you know than the one you don't. Many previous governments have completely ignored this region. There is more to the PTP then one tablet per child and the rice scheme. They actually have grass roots representation which is more than the Democrats have ever done for this region.

Corrupt, untrustworthy, liars, cheaters all words to describe most politicians (here and elsewhere) but at least with the PTP they lie to your face - in person - versus from a sound bite or news report like the alternative. Have lived here for nearly 5 years now and have met several of the local PTP members......nice enough...wouldn't trust them.....but have never met a representative from the leading opposition parties...never. Neither has my wife or her father (50 plus years living in the NE).

So who would you vote for. For many (in my village - most of whom are rice growers by the way) she is still liked (maybe not well liked - but liked). Her "darling of Isan" may be a bit tarnished but the crown is still sitting firmly on her head......for now.

I think you are a little confused.

Corrupt, untrustworthy, liars, cheaters all words to describe most politicians (here and elsewhere) but at least with the PTP they lie to your face - in person - versus from a sound bite or news report like the alternative.

They have even gone to Bangkok to give her a chance to lie to their face and she ignores them and lie's behind their back. Maybe you live in one of the villages that does not even have electricity in it's schools. That would help to explain the farmers attitude. Do your student's have a pad. Did she tell them to their face she would give them one?

Also though there may be only a few rice farmers there, there is a huge population that depends on them for their livelihood. Also those few farmers have families that depend on them.

This situation is looking more and more like Mussolini's March on Rome. Wonder if Suthep has been reading modern European history for inspiration:

Mussolini said: "Either the government will be given to us or will shall seize it by marching on Rome."

Mussolini, with the party’s hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

1. Fascists would be brought into Rome from all over Italy.

2. All-important public buildings would be taken over including those outside of Rome in the important cities in the north.

3. Mussolini would demand the resignation of the government and that a new Fascist government be allowed to take over.

4. Armed Fascists would be near Rome. If the government failed to meet these demands, they would march into Rome and take over by the use of force.

The plan was grandiose if naïve. The military in Rome far out-numbered the Fascists who were poorly armed. Many Fascists only had tools brought with them from farms. Many had the wrong clothing for a party that was trying to seize power.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta – he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

And the king basically installed Musso as Prime Minister to avoid further conflict ... and you know where things went from there.

My point? Yingluck flees farmers, Yingluck talks a lot for foreign audience about democracy, voting rights, reform needed and started by her already. She doesn't have to march on Bangkok, she just stays put till somehow an election has been 'managed' with obviously the Pheu Thai wining and therefore having a mandate. The 'respect my vote' expires after the counting of them.

BTW it would seem that not only Suthep has scheduling problems, also Ms. Yingluck may sent a representative. For her that's to the NACC to to acknowledge a charge of negligence of duty on her behalf. At least to DSI and Office of the Prosecutor Suthep went himself.

Still doesn't follow. I'm not defending Yingluck. I'm simply highlighting the parallels between Suthep's tactics/objectives and those of Mussolini (which have become even more stark since Suthep challenged Chalerm to a fist fight).

What is a Fascists.

If Suthep is a Fascist then it is a good thing. How ever as there is no link to his actions compared to Mussolini one of them can not be a Fascist he did not lead any one to Bangkok. He did not have an army outside Bangkok with farm tools ready to take on the army.

Suthep is demanding the resignation of a corrupt government and a temporary council to take over that will rewrite the constitution where it needs clarification and put in stiff penalties for breaking it. It will no longer be possible for the government to tell the constitution court they don't care what it says.

It will then hold an election to choose a new government that will be run under more honesty than Thaksin can even imagine. Yes there will still be corruption that is a given in any kind of government in any country in the world. It how ever will not be to the degree that it is now. Now it is like raping the country.

The new Government unlike Mussolini will not be governed by a Nazi. Where is the connection to the two?

Not sure where to start with this one, so I'll keep to the most obvious error: Mussolini was not a Nazi.

What is a Fascists.

OK, I'll spend a couple more minutes on this before getting back to work.

Look, one is misguided if one expects to find exact point-to-point parallels between any two events that took place in different times, cultures, and locations. My point is simply that the parallels in this case are striking (especially now that have Suthep challenging Chalerm to a fist fight)).

Now you talk about differences in objectives. Well, Mussolini wanted to get rid of what he considered to be a weak and corrupt government (i.e., reform), and he played the game by the existing rules for well over a year after coming to power (elections were held in 1924). In fact, it took a few years for Mussolini to turn Italy into a totalitarian state... remember that the Mussolini we associate with WWII had achieved power 15 years earlier.

Throughout history, a lot of people have seized power through non-democratic means with the stated objective of reforming the nation for its good. Sometimes they follow through. Many times they do not. Animal Farm makes good reading as an allegory for this...

I see the lady is once again communication through facebook

Posted 27 minutes ago

Caretaker PM, on Facebook, rejects corruption claims in rice pledging scheme, asserts transparency, requests fair treatment /MCOT

If there is no corruption then why not open the books se we can see, then it would prove transparency

I wonder who she is requesting fair treatment for ? not the farmers obviously, her red followers are hasseling them as they move on the road to BKK.

When they get there she can meet with them, profess her undying love and sympathy then tell them herself why she gets paid but they don't.

be put to rest...

Be sure, Yingluck is absolutely NOT the darling of Isaan...She is the darling of the teachers to whom she (and her brother) gave salary-raises in order to keep the people stupid.

Good point, but for how long can they keep them stupid? BTW thai teachers in villages have same IQ as they'r shoe size number coffee1.gif

Blowing it out your backside there B,how many village teachers do you know?

This yet again shows a complete lack of leadership, a total disregard for the entire Thai population, a continued trait of irresponsibility, a proven record of dereliction in duty and zero integrity. How can any self-respecting voter irrespective of flag colour support such a person?

Whatever they support as long as they have a right to vote it should be okay. Would now be a good time for new elections then? I am no red supporter or anything but if they truly have sunk their own boat then there should be no problem with a vote now.

Flee? As usual TVF with another red meat posting title. There's no shame in avoiding an angry mob which should be put at a distance in the first place, but this is Thailand. The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

Continues to amaze how the media generally and the haters here on TVF manage to invert a seditious insurrection by illegal actors of a democratically elected government acting in a responsible and genuine manner to maintain the law and the democracy into a cause juste for a gang of criminals and witless advocates of bringing down the entire Thai state down on their own jingoist heads.

I think many of them are Thai's who pass themselves of as westerners, because who in the west would argue that democracy is a bad thing? It, like capitalism has it's faults; but to advocate a government appointed by the most learned or richest elements of society without recourse to the electorate boarders on fascism.

This yet again shows a complete lack of leadership, a total disregard for the entire Thai population, a continued trait of irresponsibility, a proven record of dereliction in duty and zero integrity. How can any self-respecting voter irrespective of flag colour support such a person?

Whatever they support as long as they have a right to vote it should be okay. Would now be a good time for new elections then? I am no red supporter or anything but if they truly have sunk their own boat then there should be no problem with a vote now.

No one is suggesting the right to vote is withdrawn. What is needed is reform in order to prevent the voting irregularities of the past, and to hold all criminals, embezzlers, and corrupt officials to account. Please read the Abhisit thread from the other day and you will see my post. He is advocating exactly what I have said. He wants free elections. Suthep will do as he is told by the people just as soon as YL has resigned!

• Like 1

I'm on the lamb, but I ain't no sheep. (pic taken in Sariburi today)

xBhNhztjCMAA5xhl_jpg_pagespeed_ic_-nvRwU

Country is tearing itself apart with bombs killing little kids and what's she doing there? Looks like inspecting local goods? Excellent prime minister!

She could say she is collecting evidence and checking the water bottles for dents.

yingluck will not meet the people. She will say something on TV that is scripted, but she dare not see the protestors. She is a packaged PM. A PM that is brought out to say something then packaged back up and put away again until she needs to make another TV appearance.

So yingluck actions speak louder than words.

You state the PDRC don't care for the farmers yet they are protesting shoulder to shoulder.

You state you care for the famers plight, but can't even take 5 minutes to meet them, look them in the eye and say as much. It is easy to say on TV isn't it puppet.

You state you care yet put nails on the road to stop them coming into BKK to protest. (principle of democracy)

You care, but your actions state otherwise.

I dont think she is reading this forum. You might want to send her a letter.

Country is tearing itself apart with bombs killing little kids and what's she doing there? Looks like inspecting local goods? Excellent prime minister!

Looks to me she is doing less damage than Sutheo who is busy ruining the country and economy.

Looks to me she is doing less damage than Sutheo who is busy ruining the country and economy.

LOL there's a good spin on a PM who does nothing.

be put to rest...

Of course not!

All those farmers are fake farmers and certainly not from Isaan, but from Down South, like South of Loei and Udon biggrin.png

Keep dreaming !!! The only place she is still welcome to is in the north-west