Redshirts offer Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck govt

webfact

POLITICS
Redshirts offer Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck govt

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Yingluck caretaker government could move to Chiang Mai if it finds it impossible to work in Bangkok because of anti-government protests, a redshirt leader in the north said on Wednesday.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul, who is also an adviser to the social development minister, said the redshirt movement in the northern region was closely monitoring the anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

"If the government is unable to work in Bangkok, Chiang Mai is ready to serve as the new headquarters for it. It has venues and personnel to take care the government. We could deploy 5,000 to 6,000 guards to provide security for the cabinet members," he said.

The anti-government protesters have an absolute right to do anything that is under the democratic system. However, if the rallies caused trouble for the government and the country, this would be illegal and considered as destroying democracy, he added.

Meanwhile Apichart Insorn, a red movement leader in the northern capital, said red members in Chiang Mai and Lamphun were ready to support the government.

If there were any rallies against the government, his group would go out and stop them, just as they did to the rallies on January 16.

Apichart said he would like to reiterate that any activities that go against Yingluck government could not occur in Chiang Mai.

Krissanapong Prombuengrum, a core leader of Love Chiang Mai 51 group meanwhile, offered Chiang Mai as alternative capital for Yingluck government if there is chaos in Bangkok.

The province has a convention and exhibition centre that could handle the meetings of cabinets and government authorities.

The red shirts could work together with police to provide security for the prime minister and the government, he said, adding that no one would interfere and make trouble for the government.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

North Thailand and South Thailand,... I guess the South would be friendlier if you think about South Korea,... LOL (kidding) anything is better than a communist becoming North dynasty of Thailand. And in the mean time BKK gets flooded in months to come 'cause greedy government officials were too busy to fill their pockets .....

She would be welcomed here smile.png

it will never happen but why not fantasize for a moment? ammart control South and PTP controlled North

I know where I'd rather be whistling.gif

anyway idle dreaming over... arm the Police, arrest the fascists and problem over! the majority of Thais would cheer! and vote AGAIN for PTP

• Like 2

These red shirts are blind and ignorant. I wish Thailand would split in to north and south. Let North Thailand be ruled by the Shinawatra dynasty and South Thailand by democracy. Then lets see after a couple of decades who is more advanced.

Thailand would be ruled by a democracyif the fascists in BKK would allow elections. It is small parts of the south that are being denied democracy.

The fascists in the south are following Suthep who does not want elections.

It would be a terrible thing if this great country were to be split.

It's been on the cards for years, although I doubt very much it will happen.

Dictators from the north of China, fascists (although the wrong word) as you say from the south; who's going to pay the farmers now?

What a ridiculous proposition from the idiotic reds..... must have been Jatupon not receiving enough free gifts for his new additional home, on top of the 57 he has.

Poor deluded fools, splitting the country between those who love the Shinawatras and those who love Thailand.

Hint to the fools in question, the second group is much, much larger than the first.

Hint to you - the majority voted PTP (for the last 20 years)

it will never happen but why not fantasize for a moment? ammart control South and PTP controlled North

anyway idle dreaming over... arm the Police, arrest the fascists and problem over! the majority of Thais would cheer! and vote AGAIN for PTP

Based on the protester deaths yesterday, the police are already armed.

Petchawat Wattanapongsirikul, who is also an adviser to the social development minister

So the red leaders in CM are on the pay role.

If there were any rallies against the government, his group would go out and stop them, just as they did to the rallies on January 16.

That would be when they got chased out of BKK would it ?

The red shirts could work together with police to provide security for the prime minister and the government, he said, adding that no one would interfere and make trouble for the government.

That's right with the red goons as protection no one could speak out against Yingluck and her crooks, and the courts couldn't get at her with the corruption charges.

The protesters and the farmers could block off all the roads south, dig then up even, cut the power lines and communication and you all could be cozy and isolated and Thaksin could come back as your leader and you could take turns at kissing his ass.

• Like 2

Yes Poo, flee to Chiang Mai. Show how weak your government is and what you think about the rest of the country by hiding out in your home town! You'll have beloved red shirts protecting you and anyone who just whispers something bad about you and your crap family can get beaten up and lynched! Your very own kingdom!

Not as outrageous as it sounds at first. Remember her beloved uncle Somchai Wongsawat remained PM while hiding in a bunker in Chiang Mai and continuing to convey Thaksin's directives.

This idea of a semi-autonomous state for the reds to live in worship of the Shinawatras that would rule over them, and a seperate main state where a reformed democracy with more strict checks and balances together with a functioning police force could be the way out of this mess. For most of the country, this whole "Cult of Shin" is getting very tiresome.

• Like 2

A lot of childish remarks so far by the know it all brigade.

I see no know it all comments, or any long winded essays. Just short, sassy and appropriate one liners.

**How can it be childish yet know it all at the same time?

How come you don't set an example of a good contribution then, for us to use as a model template?wink.png

• Like 2

Dream on.

Arm the police, kill the protestors and the Army stages a coup. Would love another 2 years of junta rule. Last one we had, the country was actually relatively peaceful. And we sure as hell didn't have idiotic rice scams under the army to bankrupt the country.

• Like 1

Poor deluded fools, splitting the country between those who love the Shinawatras and those who love Thailand.

Hint to the fools in question, the second group is much, much larger than the first.

Hint to you - the majority voted PTP (for the last 20 years)

Reality check for you: Those who love the Shinawatra's to the point of wanting to secede are a very (pathetic) minority.