How can you explain the difference between a westernized girl and a non-westernized Thai girl?

Sojuncoke

There is no place in mainland Thailand that is a 5 hour drive from the nearest BigC

You are a lawyer aren't you - trying to count the mini ones like Lotus Express?

And even then I'd bet you're wrong, I've visited villages that took several hours just to get to asphalt. . .

Or maybe you've just got a more rugged 4WD and don't mind banging it at 20km+ along the rice paddy tracks. Try that on the mountain tracks up in the hills of Chiang Rai and you won't last long!

5 hours?

http://bigc.co.th/en/stores/bigc/chiang_rai/

The thing about being a lawyer is that -- even if a witness for the other side is telling the truth -- if you can get the jury or judge not to believe the witness, that is just as good for your case as proving he isn't telling the truth.

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you ?

I would guess 75 - 80

How you figure that?

I'm talking these days, not ancient history.

Too many farang live in this bubble way too far from the experience of normal Thais - which means to a very large extent, dirt poor rural barely-subsistence farming folk.

And I'd take them any day over what the OP is calling "westernized" ones, and I'm not just talking for bedmates, but family, neighbors, real community.

Just pretty impossible to make a living out there, stuck in the Big Smoke for that.

But easy enough to recreate the country village in a five-story rowhouse, not as if these folk need their own bedrooms 8-)

• Like 2

So for example, South Korean and Taiwanese girls are very westernized and Prima Donna-ish. I might have answered my own question but I also want to see if you guys agree.

As someone else said above, the same can be said of Singaporean and Hong Kong girls (and perhaps Japanese, though I'm not sure on that one). So if we're talking about so many countries and people, how can we even be sure that this is 'westernisation'... may be native to their own cultures. Watch how women behave in a Korean drama (if you can stomach it for 5 minutes)... I don't recall a lot of western women acting that way.

[unfortunately, those Korean shows have a huge audience in Asia and I'm convinced they're having an impact on norms and expectations among women, or at least some sub-cultures... I know a lot of Bangkok women who watch those things and behave in a similar manner].

According to Thai Visa:

Western Women and Thai men are horrible, lazy, spoiled, selfish, unintelligent, idiotic, ugly, fat, noisy, smelly, mentally unstable.

But

Western Men and Thai women are the complete opposite of the above.

whereas (as we all know) most western women are simply not interested in an old, bitter, latent-racist, alcoholic guy with ingrown toenails twice/triple their age. thai women tend to be less picky as long as there's a positive-balance kasikorn bank account involved ;-)

• Like 1

bar girls westernized Take the money and run it is never a cheap date and you really are not sure how you are going to get screwed or if you are

farm and nice girls Thai - looking to please you not in it for the money but for a steady man that will stay with them LOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGG time ( think Life) Thai girls it is all about the family and you.

• Like 2

Posted Yesterday, 20:28

In terms of how they act, how they treat their husband or BF, how they perceive life, their habits, etc.

According to Thai tradition that was praised by (non political...) an ex (and exiled) premier a good Thai wife should take good care of her hubbie - when he comes back home (even if from a visit to the mistress) she MUST take off his shoes, kneel to his feet and wash them and take care of all his needs.

I guess that's what you are looking for???

I would think truly westernized Thai girls wouldn't even be living in Thailand, but would reside in the west. They would be no different than a western girl, except in appearance. I have heard the term "banana" used in the USA to describe Asian girls in America: yellow on the outside, white on the inside.

The only western thing about a Thai girl's is 'Western Union' - If you believe anything else your kidding yourself.

Culture and logic of the Thai's is at polar opposite to us western players. That's a fact!

- Look at how they drive

- Look at how they run the country

- Look at how they accept responsibility

And the list goes on.

Accepted it as part of living here and I guess it like me a bit f**ked up and crazy, that's why is suits me!

• Like 2

The only western thing about a Thai girl's is 'Western Union' - If you believe anything else your kidding yourself.

Culture and logic of the Thai's is at polar opposite to us western players. That's a fact!

- Look at how they drive

- Look at how they run the country

- Look at how they accept responsibility

And the list goes on.

Accepted it as part of living here and I guess it like me a bit f**ked up and crazy, that's why is suits me!

You don't like the way the Thais run this country, yet you'd prefer to live in Thailand rather than a country run by people like yourself. That makes a whole lot of sense.

• Like 1

What really would be the point in a westernised Thai girl?

Looks alone I figure. A guy in a Latin American forum that I am a part of said, "But you guys have many Latinas in the USA, so you really don't need to travel to Latin American countries to get what you want." I said yeah, but who the hell wants the Americanized version? Certainly not me.

This is ridiculous.

Thailand has its own culture which cannot just be encapsulated as "non-western".

There are many countries which are non western like Japan, Uganda, or even China and yet do not bear any resemblance with THL

Despite their locations, I would file Japan and China (and maybe Uganda) under "western nations". It's all about the attitude. When I meet a Japanese or Chinese person, I generally feel like I'm talking to someone the thinks the same or similarly to the way I do. When I meet a Thai person, most of the time I feel like I'm talking to someone who has a childlike way of looking at things. That should answer the OP's question too.

• Like 2