Siam Commercial Bank-Customer Service NON existent!

This is a heads up for anyone thinking of making a term deposit with this bunch. Check the terms and conditions very carefully and get the name of the person you deal with.

The Bank has the habit of putting wrong information on its Website and that is compounded by staff not knowing the products and services they are selling.

So far I have received 9 emails saying "SO SORRY" but doing nothing to help my problem.

It has reached the stage where I am making a special trip to Thailand just to remove my money.

Yes indeed, it truly is "Amazing Thailand".

• Like 1

It's hard telling what the OP's issue is with SCB...may have been a misunderstanding on the OP's part the day he signed up for the SCB product/service. And we all know for many types of Thai bank deposits (all Thai banks, not just SCB) you have to accomplish the transaction in person/in-Thailand...can't be accomplished from outside the country.

Not knowing the products they are selling and giving wrong information is quite normal for Thai bank staff.

That's why you don't make any serious investments here. Keep your assets in countries where people have some education and some minimum IQ.

Totally agree, such investors must leave Kingdom immediately and never return. They just a foreigners, and no one welcome them here.

• Like 1

Giving heated emotional and blaming info about oldest bank in the Kingdom is a great idea. Situation must be explained.

Personally, I client of 3 banks here and my wife is a corporate client of SCB. 95% of my problems in communication disappear when I stop using English language and speak Thai with bank staff. This is true, a lot of bank staff have a problem to explain in foreign language some complicated products and services. So, please explain what product you use now, maybe I can help...

Unless the OP lives in Cambodia, making a special trip to Thailand to remove his money seems a bit over the top

He has a choice and he has decided to exercise it. Sometimes it takes just one small additional straw to break a camel's back.

Edited by SheungWan

All the Thai banks I have dealt with have been incompetent in one way or another, not surprising foreign competition is not allowed as native banks would not last six months

Another no nothing comment. Please give examples of your previous problems?

• Like 2

i know someone who works at the department at the bank of thailand which deals with complaints about commercial banks. they had a compliant from a foreigner about mis-information in a banks publicity, she thought this was an invalid complaint because the customer should know that the information will be mis-leading! classic.

• Like 1

Please come quickly and then leave never to return. You are just a waste of breath.

I think you should apply to have your member type changed from "Super Member" to "Super-Friendly Member".

My post No 12 was in reference to OP have no idea why it got tagged to you.

Please come quickly and then leave never to return. You are just a waste of breath.

Euh...Why? Because he has an issue with a bank ? dam_n you are narrow minded, maybe you should just sod off.

The OP opened yesterday he was asked by a member to say what the problem was, but no he has declined and has just defamed the bank for no know reason. I might be narrow mined but the truth is the truth in my world it's put up or shut up. I'm willing to help any member on here if the story is true.

• Like 1

Most banks in Thailand are fairly incompetent.

They don't even know their own rules for foreigners opening bank accounts.

Amazing Thailand.

If you were to complain they were the worst banks in the world (barring Cyprus), I don't think you would be far wrong.

And what about Suthep threatening to close any bank that loans to the government, and the banks going along with him?

• Like 1

All the Thai banks I have dealt with have been incompetent in one way or another, not surprising foreign competition is not allowed as native banks would not last six months

Another no nothing comment. Please give examples of your previous problems?

Already posted about them a few times, not going to do that all over again, but it includes telling blatant lies, cheating, and as usual here deciding to follow the rules when and how they like, to the customers disadvantage.

Giving heated emotional and blaming info about oldest bank in the Kingdom is a great idea. Situation must be explained.

Personally, I client of 3 banks here and my wife is a corporate client of SCB. 95% of my problems in communication disappear when I stop using English language and speak Thai with bank staff. This is true, a lot of bank staff have a problem to explain in foreign language some complicated products and services. So, please explain what product you use now, maybe I can help...

If you speak Thai (and I'm assuming fluent Thai here), why would you ever bother speaking English with a Thai person to begin with (unless you are teaching English)? That's just bizarre...I speak fluent Thai and never speak English with Thais, knowing that by doing so at some point confusion and misunderstandings would occur and also, maybe because living in Thailand and being able to speak the local lingo it makes sense to use it?

Edited by Tomtomtom69
  • Like 1

If you speak Thai (and I'm assuming fluent Thai here), why would you ever bother speaking English with a Thai person to begin with (unless you are teaching English)? That's just bizarre...I speak fluent Thai and never speak English with Thais, knowing that by doing so at some point confusion and misunderstandings would occur and also, maybe because living in Thailand and being able to speak the local lingo it makes sense to use it?

Because I able to communicate in Thai now. Answer is simple.

Most banks in Thailand are fairly incompetent.

They don't even know their own rules for foreigners opening bank accounts.

Amazing Thailand.

If you were to complain they were the worst banks in the world (barring Cyprus), I don't think you would be far wrong.

And what about Suthep threatening to close any bank that loans to the government, and the banks going along with him?

"Their own rules" can vary from brunch to brunch. I never had a problem to opening account in almost every Thai bank.

I was going to say is it any better at any other bank in thailand?

Experiences vary but sometimes the way they do 'buisness' here, especially at a bank, is shocking to farang.

At least the interest rates are better than the states it seems.

At least the interest rates are better than the states it seems.

Only because the Bank of Thailand which is the equivalent of the U.S. Federal Reserve (The Fed) has significantly higher interest rates compared to the Fed's interest rates, which in turn drive interest rates that banks in both countries offer. It seems likely the Bank of Thailand will lower its rates by another 0.25% at their next meeting in a few months due to economic conditions in Thailand which could very we'll cause Thai banks to lower their interest rates on different savings and loan products.